facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2004, 11:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default ODI double century

india's virender sehwag is targeting 200 runs in the ODI against the UAE. he wants to be the first to get it. he says that he and many other batsmen can do it if they play the whole 50 overs.

my prayers to allah are that ashraful plays the whole 50 overs against hong kong and bashes them for 200. now before you guys start condemning this as a ridiculously impossible dream, let me say one thing. we need some sort of attention getter. improving our test game since whatmore came in is great, winning a few matches in this asia cup would be fantastic too. but we desperatley need something BIG. imagine if people read in the papers and online "Ashraful pounds 200 on Hong Kong"

this would do wonders for our international standing i think. hey, if sehwag can dream it, why not ash?

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by al Furqaan]

Old July 12, 2004, 11:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
india's virender sehwag is targeting 200 runs in the ODI against the UAE.
Pure media hype, IMHO. If it was so easy to hit double hundreds against minor teams, we would have seen quite a few in the world cup.

You cannot blame the player too for making such comments. Some journalist would have probably asked Shewag whether he thinks he could hit a double hundred. What else is he supposed to reply ?
Old July 13, 2004, 05:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Sehwag is targetting 200 runs in ODIs but not necessarily against UAE. See the news link:

Sehwag eying ODI double ton
Old July 13, 2004, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Good to see that he didn't mean to do it specifically against the UAE. New teams shouldn't be discouraged like this.
Old July 13, 2004, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I think it’s not entirely impossible for Ash….Al-Shahriar Rokon did hit 177 in a one day(unfortunately not ODI) against Namibia before the World Cup…And I feel Ash is equally talented if not more…We need to win the toss and bat first though….So the luck is also involved..
Old July 14, 2004, 03:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

of course it isn't impossible. but despite of the opposition, scoring 200 means ash will have to stick around in the crease pretty much the whole 50 overs. that takes a lot of temperament.

still my well wishes go out to ash....nothing's impossible
Old July 14, 2004, 10:32 AM
Club Cricketer

If anyone is going to get the double ton it's going to be Chris Gayle.
Old July 14, 2004, 10:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Indian batsman always dream abt everythin , except sachin.........n i thnk no batsman can make it ever.....lots of superstars hav tried b4 but cudnt manage to get it...so????
Old April 19, 2005, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Talking about ppl scoring ODI double hundreds....It has to be an opener.....We talked about Ash scoring double hundreds as he used to open early on...For now...I feel the biggest contender for that wud be Afridi.....All he has to do is stay at the wicket for 30 overs!(Which he might find very difficult if I may add!)...cheers.....
Old April 19, 2005, 05:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

.. its easy for us 2 think BD players.. make double century in ODI.. but our players so far.. find very difficult to make single century in ODI.:P
Old April 19, 2005, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

We still strugle to score 200 consistently in ODIs and so far only one 100 in ODIs. Surprise to see that people are talking about ODI double hundred and BD batsman.
Old April 19, 2005, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Well this is a old thread.....and it was the match against Hong Kong in the Asia Cup that had ppl excited about a BD batsman scoring a double ton...As it turned out, the entire team struggled to pile up 221!!!....cheers...
Old April 19, 2005, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

A. Brown scored a one day hundred with Surrey.

I agree with you sports_fan_bd. Bd can barely score 200 and ppl are talking of a player scoreing 200. I say it will either be Sehwag, or Flintoff.

Maybe Afridi can do it, but he has to learn that a ODI is not only 40 balls long.
Old April 19, 2005, 05:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
india's virender sehwag is targeting 200 runs in the ODI against the UAE. he wants to be the first to get it. he says that he and many other batsmen can do it if they play the whole 50 overs.

my prayers to allah are that ashraful plays the whole 50 overs against hong kong and bashes them for 200. now before you guys start condemning this as a ridiculously impossible dream, let me say one thing. we need some sort of attention getter. improving our test game since whatmore came in is great, winning a few matches in this asia cup would be fantastic too. but we desperatley need something BIG. imagine if people read in the papers and online "Ashraful pounds 200 on Hong Kong"

this would do wonders for our international standing i think. hey, if sehwag can dream it, why not ash?

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by al Furqaan]
Double Century???
Come on guys, look @ the record, we had only one ODI century in BD cricket history. Why not we start day-dreaming and be more realistic? I would be happy if Ash play more consistently and score even 25-35 runs, for now.
Old April 19, 2005, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

if sehwag were to face hong kong on that lalmatia club field where the BKSP school team ran up 600+ (against Scholastica, whatever happened to them??), I think he can get 200, maybe even 300.
Old April 20, 2005, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

lolz...:P