facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 5, 2012, 08:44 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default First BPL, now IPL joins the party

It was really embarrassing that BPL teams have not cleared the payments of many players and coaches. Now, according to a CI report, IPL teams Royal Challengers and Deccan Chargers owes money to many players, with some players not even receiving the first installment. Reportedly, the clubs are not responding to the players' association and the national cricket boards on this issue!

More at FICA sidelined in IPL salary issue, says May.

[I was going to post this in the international section, but this has relevance here due to similar BPL issues.]
Old August 5, 2012, 09:11 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I knew it! this has been like this since edition one of ipl but FICA was too scared to reveal it but now they did it
Old August 5, 2012, 10:02 AM

I still want the BPL clubs to clear the payments soon. If others are deadbeats, we don't have to...
Old August 5, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I still want the BPL clubs to clear the payments soon. If others are deadbeats, we don't have to...
Absolutely.

IPL can't be an excuse for BPL not to pay their dues. All those bad business people are spoiling spirit of the game.
Old August 5, 2012, 11:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I dont care about IPL. I just want BPL to happen next year and all payments are cleared
Old August 5, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

India will do as they wish but why BPL team hasn't given the payment still?
Old August 5, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Yet IPL will go on as BPL becomes just a novel memory.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 5, 2012, 10:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Yet IPL will go on as BPL becomes just a novel memory.
Might be good for us in the long term, despite a thread I created praising possible BPL benefits. Harsha Bhogle recently wrote an article showing that the IPL has hurt Indian cricket and will continue to hurt it by rewarding T20 over longer versions. BPL failing could be a blessing in disguise for our cricket, putting our focus where it really belongs. If the BPL somehow survives, hopefully my other thread will ring true to yield a win-win situation.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 5, 2012, 11:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Might be good for us in the long term, despite a thread I created praising possible BPL benefits. Harsha Bhogle recently wrote an article showing that the IPL has hurt Indian cricket and will continue to hurt it by rewarding T20 over longer versions. BPL failing could be a blessing in disguise for our cricket, putting our focus where it really belongs. If the BPL somehow survives, hopefully my other thread will ring true to yield a win-win situation.
BPL could be a blessing or a nightmare really. but certainly there is a worry since the domestic FC structure still isn't fixed it only pushes the BPL and DPL ahead of the NCL FC competition which can't be good, we need them to move forward together.
Old August 6, 2012, 04:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
But plz bro dont compare IPL with BPL

1) IPL lasts 2 months! BPL 3 weeks
2) Too much time spent on travelling in IPL...Not much time spent on travelling in BPL, even if new stadiums are introduced the travelling distances are short.
3) India already has other domestic T20 tournaments. And as for us, we dont really have any regular T20 tournament so BPL is a must.
4) The Indian locals get proper coaching and facilites while for bangladeshi locals BPL is the only place where the locals get a good exposure to top quality coaching....If you see that in the beginning of BPL there were far too many drop catches, in the latter part fielding wasnt even a problem.
5) IPL feeds too much money to the players. BPL pays a handsome amount but not too much to make the players fancy playing in BPL over their country.
6) Bangladeshi fans are deprived from enough cricket unless living in Dhaka. BPL will help people in other regions, including CTG and Khulna get a lot more matches.

So if BPL is over, then it will be a big blow for us! We saw positive results from BPL. Whilst IPL had negative effects. So the results itself should say whats necessary
Old August 5, 2012, 10:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Harsha is a wise man and a true Hyderabadi who hates the vulgarian flash and hype of IPL and its Bollywood @$$clowning.

BTW, PLEASE join us at the MLC. A couple of teams are still available. Here's the link:

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=41636
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 5, 2012, 11:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What S_nr said. Don't worry. MLC killed and buried em all. BCCI, IPL, Dumb premier leagues are NO MORE. Now cricketers are racing to America, and trying to get a piece of the American Dream. MLC, where cricketers get the full respect that they deserve. No hunky funky bollycrap, random timeout, dumb commercials. It's all about CRICKET!
Old August 6, 2012, 03:38 AM
MLC World Series I

Well actually, RCB is struggling because their owner Dr. Vijay Mallya is in a financial mess with his Kingfisher and UB Group. His net worth has dropped considerably last one year and hence is affecting his IPL franchise and F1 team, Force India. He is in a turmoil but is desperate to hang on to his posession and has been making headlines in India esp Bangalore.

DC, have been underperforming for a while now. And that may be one of the key factors for not generating enough revenues and profits.

Apart from that, I believe all the IPL are following the deadlines and paid off the players unlike the BPL franchises.
Old August 6, 2012, 05:13 AM

Big hitting has improved after the BPL. With proper FC in place, patient batting might as well.