facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3, 2018, 01:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

for me personally, there are many many many hahahahahahaha

Looking back in 2007-2010 there were many Immature moments of mine. If i look back now, there were certain posts or the way i reacted to certain members or certain situations i would handle slightly differently and not get triggered by every "bait".

I opened a Match thread against Sri Lanka in 2009 and Bangladesh won. subhanAllah! that was one of the sweetest moments of my life. it was indeed nothing short of a miracle. at that time, Bangladesh were super super weak lead by Ashraful and just lost to Zimbabwe.

win against England: First Test victory against a superpower of the game (This was actually more recent)

When I was in college, I was a lot more God-conscious and islamic minded than i am now. there was a time in BC where a week or a day wouldn't go by without somebody opening up a thread involving some form of islamic discussion/"somebody would open up a can of worms" be it intentionally or unintentionally. I can understand, how for many people, talking about faith and/or religion is a very touchy and emotional topic. Despite that, many religious debates, I thoroughly enjoyed. there are many threads where I provided an answer from Qur'an + Hadith and a lot of people just shut up after that Alhamdulillah

Overall, by Allah's infinite grace and mercy, somehow, a lot of people respected me. those things meant a lot to me personally.

There was this game called FTP(From The Pavillion)(it still exists lol, we just got bored with it). I was assistant Manager of Bangladesh team and the rankings for Bangladesh even in the fantasy world was low. Bangladesh managed to beat England(A top ranked team at that time in FTP) when i set the lineup and tactics. there was Akib, B_K, tonoy, gunda, bangle-red, parvez and many others who kept the forum alive and fun. also in that team, I managed a super weak team and many times, Alhamdulillah, I defeated top teams.

Meeting Roman, mufi in NYC in 2012 and uploading pics here. it was a pretty solid outing and we had a ton of fun. Meeting Ajfar, Orpheus/iDumb, and mufi and Ajfar in NYC numerous times and having good ole fun.

Alhamdulillah! we had some great times related to BanglaCricket. Honestly, to tell you the truth: following Bangladesh cricket through thick and thin involves a lot of sacrifices, a lot of pain and drama. To put things in perspective, We celebrate and take for granted each and every success we have now, but there was once upon a time when we had to wait longer than one year for one win against G8. without you guys, following Bangladesh cricket would not have been as much fun or exciting. thank you for being part of the journey with me.