facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2012, 11:43 PM

Default Cricket's top eight need to be challenged more

BD players those their presence in the team is good for nothing ... are you reading this? Dont you ever say 'on our day we can do jack' type of crap anymore before any big game. Every time you open your mouth saying those crap to media is a disgrace to the team, to the nation, to the fan.

No team in the world will ever wait for 'your day to do jack' once in a blue moon. Keep your sorry butt and mouth busy where it should be.

Quote:
Cricket's top eight need to be challenged more

And for all the resources and chances they have got, Bangladesh haven't done it yet
Harsha Bhogle
September 28, 2012
Be the first to comment | Login via | Text size: A | A

Shakib Al Hasan: the only world-class player Bangladesh have produced so far © Bangladesh Cricket Board

Enlarge

It took eight days for the World Twenty20 to get to the eight teams we knew would play the next stage. We yearned for the established teams to squirm a bit, maybe even get embarrassed. Why, we wouldn't even have minded if one got knocked out because it would have meant the game had got more competitive. But apart from a tiny little period of play from the spirited Afghans against India, we yearned in vain. There is still no challenge to the established forces, and that isn't great news for a global sport. A hundred countries may play cricket but it is still really only eight.

Of the four countries that made early exits, two (Afghanistan and Ireland) need more cricket and two (Zimbabwe and Bangladesh) need to be challenged.
Read full article in Cricinfo

Last edited by PoorFan; September 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Copyright rules

Old September 28, 2012, 12:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...15&postcount=1
Old September 28, 2012, 12:52 AM

Thanks Murad for the reminder, completely forgot that copyright implication.
Old September 28, 2012, 03:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Bangladesh can challenge NewZealand and West Indies. All we need is more games against them.
Old September 28, 2012, 04:14 AM
Banned

This sounds like coming from someone who wants Bangladesh to do well. No ridiculous comment like Bangladeshi fans are satisfied with team's mediocre performance.
Old September 28, 2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
shala pochanor uschad...we already know our pain...typical endu...shob shomoi amago nichu korbo....ei bhabe lekar dorker ki...ore ki koise amader jonne lekar....i hope er team out hok taratari...what about other sports...there are teams who are weaker but that does not mean the sport events did not allow them...they could have organized more frequent matches to do super 8 why blame weaker teams and brining up stats and after stats...we already know it....
Like many other, including Bangladeshi, Harsha is a cricket commentator as well as writer. It is their job commentating, writing report on any event, any team, any cricket issue etc., they DO NOT have to be a 'deshi', nor have to GIVE A DAMN any team hitting bottom, or her freaking fans having nightmare, nither need permission from any team, board, fans, but do their professional job the way THEY THINK that would matter.
Old September 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Indeed top eight tournament need to be challenged more... today it was too easy for Australia...should Mr. Bhogle write about it if not hope any of our BC scholar can reply...
Old September 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
Test Cricketer

India got absolutely trashed by the Aussies.

Dhonis captaincy? He will do things nobody thinks of and when it works people call it brave and when it doesn't, well then things like today happen. Not giving the new ball to Pathan is a joke. Nevertheless, just because India got their backsides whooped doesn't means Harsha and others are not supposed to write or comment on our cricketing state. Just because some other team has sucked doesn't mean we forget that we have been a constant disappointment.
Old September 28, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Harsha wrote some nice articles after our Asia Cup heroics and he has always encouraged BD cricket.. I think as a true cricket fan he is as pissed as we are atm.. If the same article was written by Isam bhai we wouldn't have said anything. So I think it's not fair to say Harsha is upto something just because he is an Indian.. I think our players deserves these harsh criticism to wake them up.. You might not have the talent but you could at least give your 100% while playing which we don't see in our players.. It's just frustrating to follow BD cricket.. We better accept that..
Old September 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
BC Editorial Team

I agree with the threat part! Perhaps that will spurt the Tutuls of BCB. If they realize that their slush funds might dry up if they don't actually work on the product!
Old September 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Harsha wrote some nice articles after our Asia Cup heroics and he has always encouraged BD cricket.. I think as a true cricket fan he is as pissed as we are atm.. If the same article was written by Isam bhai we wouldn't have said anything. So I think it's not fair to say Harsha is upto something just because he is an Indian.. I think our players deserves these harsh criticism to wake them up.. You might not have the talent but you could at least give your 100% while which we don't see in our players.. It's just frustrating to follow BD cricket.. We better accept that..
Your last sentence about talent is wrong Sir. Who said our players don't have talent?? So your saying Asia cup and the NZ series was fake? If they weren't talented then they never would've won a game! The problem we all should be worried about is that our players are lazy and don't give 100 percent ALL THE TIME! They sometime do give 100 percent and that is when we win. So let's make Richard bring out the whip on these guys!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old September 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
Test Cricketer

We are not consistently and convincingly wining games and that's our problem.
No matter how we look at the reporters' comments, we need to prove them wrong and that is a fact we have to accept.
Old September 28, 2012, 01:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

We are consistently inconsistent
Old September 28, 2012, 02:17 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Looks like Harsha needs to change his article to "top seven needs more competition"
Old September 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ The same team bowled England, the reigning T20 champions, out for 80 a couple of days ago. Swings and roundabouts when it comes to the G8.

I don't see how the NZ series shows our 'team' has talent. The NZ series was practically a one-man show with contributions from Rubel. The Asia Cup was definitely the best overall team performance (barring Shahadat and Nazimuddin)
Old September 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

a few players are missing to make our team competative. We need a dale steyn type bowler as shakib mentioned. Need a watson type bowler and batsmen, need good fielders who give 100% like warner, need a genuine spinner perhaps ajmal, narine (mystery) type, and an Amla/kohli type of batsmen who play risk free but effective cricket. The chances of players like this emerging i rekon is still quite a long way away from bangladesh cricket. So in short term we will remain uncompetitive, but in the distant future this may change, but is this going to be too long a wait for our critics and fans alike?
Old September 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
a few players are missing to make our team competative. We need a dale steyn type bowler as shakib mentioned. Need a watson type bowler and batsmen, need good fielders who give 100% like warner, need a genuine spinner perhaps ajmal, narine (mystery) type, and an Amla/kohli type of batsmen who play risk free but effective cricket. The chances of players like this emerging i rekon is still quite a long way away from bangladesh cricket. So in short term we will remain uncompetitive, but in the distant future this may change, but is this going to be too long a wait for our critics and fans alike?
I think BD only need commitment from the players, that is it. Some things seems not right now. I agree wholeheartedly what Shakib said. If the fielding improves and people are live wire in the middle every one would be inspired. I still remember Ash's dance and shout against IRE,it was funny I agree, but that somehow changed the direction of the game.
We have enough talented players just need to execute better. Start with fielding.
I mean as a fan I become inspired when I see great fielding from our players why wouldn't Bowlers be inspired looking at the great stop or a good dive by our fielders.
Old September 28, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
We need a dale steyn type bowler as shakib mentioned. Need a watson type bowler and batsmen, need good fielders who give 100% like warner, need a genuine spinner perhaps ajmal, narine (mystery) type, and an Amla/kohli type of batsmen who play risk free but effective cricket.
We desperately need this type of players. Anamul and Mominul are the closest things to a Kohli at this point in time. Where is a pace bowler going to emerge from? When is this Watson type batsmen going to play for BD? Face it theres still a long way way to go to achieve all this.
Old September 28, 2012, 07:24 PM
Club Cricketer

I think the article is fine. Its true what he is saying. Stop getting soo touchy just because its our team he is being honest about. Yeah india got thrashed today, whats your point?? but their overall record is not worse than ours. He was judging BD record in all formats from the begining. Learn to take it on the chin. I would agree with the threat but I think the threat would backfire and we would fail even more and be demoted.
Old September 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
We desperately need this type of players. Anamul and Mominul are the closest things to a Kohli at this point in time. Where is a pace bowler going to emerge from? When is this Watson type batsmen going to play for BD? Face it theres still a long way way to go to achieve all this.
That's why Anamul and Mominul should be selected for the WI series. We need to bring in some new blood to challenge our starters. And as for the "Watson" type player you're asking for, Soumya Sarkar seems to be the guy that matches Watson for us. Opens the batting plus is a decent pacer. Obviously that would be a huge ask for him being like Watson but hopefully he can eventually become a good player for us.
Old September 28, 2012, 09:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
We desperately need this type of players. Anamul and Mominul are the closest things to a Kohli at this point in time.
Kholi and Anamul/Mominul shouldn't be used even in the same sentence. Kholi made his mark from U19 days. He's stock's only been going up since he started playing for India and from the look of it it ain't about to stop anytime soon. We have yet to see Anamul/Mominul play any 'proper' cricket, all we have are just some stats to go by. From stats we definitely have reason's to be hopeful that these 2 guys have the potential make an impact, but to go as far as saying closet thing to kholi is going way way over the line. Even if we put 11 BD batsman's all together we still wouldn't have the closest thing to kholi.
Old September 28, 2012, 10:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Kholi and Anamul/Mominul shouldn't be used even in the same sentence. Kholi made his mark from U19 days. He's stock's only been going up since he started playing for India and from the look of it it ain't about to stop anytime soon. We have yet to see Anamul/Mominul play any 'proper' cricket, all we have are just some stats to go by. From stats we definitely have reason's to be hopeful that these 2 guys have the potential make an impact, but to go as far as saying closet thing to kholi is going way way over the line. Even if we put 11 BD batsman's all together we still wouldn't have the closest thing to kholi.
Agreed. I'd be just happy if Anamul/Mominul become 1st choice starters for us or contribute the way Nasir has. That would be a huge step for us since we rely so much on Tamim and Shakib. Kohli's just a freak of a talent. Forget about us, no other team has such a young batsman that has been that prolific. He could become of the greats in the game with the way he's going.
Old September 28, 2012, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Kholi and Anamul/Mominul shouldn't be used even in the same sentence. Kholi made his mark from U19 days.
What about Anamul?

My point is Anamul and Mominul are our best hope of something good. So i just used the term Kohli. Who else are we looking to do become world class?
Old September 28, 2012, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
That's why Anamul and Mominul should be selected for the WI series. We need to bring in some new blood to challenge our starters. And as for the "Watson" type player you're asking for, Soumya Sarkar seems to be the guy that matches Watson for us. Opens the batting plus is a decent pacer. Obviously that would be a huge ask for him being like Watson but hopefully he can eventually become a good player for us.
Soumya is way too inconsistent. But if he rectifies it then he can be something
Old September 28, 2012, 11:16 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ The same used to be said about Watsom + he would physically break down after every couple of matches.