facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 5, 2005, 11:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Ganguly \'s Cricket Academy Inaugrated

Bengal Cricket will be benefited.
Youngsters from Bangladesh should join this academy if there is a possibility.
They can benefit on the technical aspects of the game and acquire some mental toughness as well.

As things stand now with Ganguly, he might have the chance to spend some time there.

http://www.indiaexpress.com/news/spo...0051005-6.html

Old October 6, 2005, 05:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

i hope not.
ganguly is a gr8 batsmen n 4 sure bengal is benefitted n i hope 2 hav nother ganguly 4rm this institute in the indian side!
can dat happen?
Old October 6, 2005, 08:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadababu
Bengal Cricket will be benefited.
Youngsters from Bangladesh should join this academy if there is a possibility.
They can benefit on the technical aspects of the game and acquire some mental toughness as well.

As things stand now with Ganguly, he might have the chance to spend some time there.
I would beg the BD management not to send any BD player or future player to this pompous and big mouth's club. You know, that will add one more unwanted feature of the BD team. Imagine BD team losing by 1 innings and 200 runs, and then opening big mouth...
Old October 6, 2005, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Default Ganguli\'s state of the art cricket academy opens in Kolkata

May be we should send our entire national team except Pilot to this place. Ofcourse including Bashar.

http://in.sports.yahoo.com/051006/139/60g48.html

Kolkata, Oct.6 (ANI): Indian cricket captain Saurav Ganguly launched his state-of-the-art cricket academy in Kolkata on Wednesday evening, saying that he would be actively involved in its operations and its growth.

The Videocon School of Cricket academy was inaugurated by West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya.

Speaking before the media, Bhattacharya urged Ganguly to take out time to groom youngsters in the nuances of the game.

"You are no doubt the captain of India, but you are a citizen of Kolkata. You have to take some responsibility out of your busy schedule. You are moving all over the world, running the team. I know your responsibility, but you have to give inputs, some thought, some concepts on how to work along on this cricket school," he said.

"Well, as you have heard from the Chief Minister that he wants that I should help few boys whenever I am free, and of course I will do that whenever I am free," he said.

The 'Prince of Kolkata' played a perfect host of the evening as he egged on young and upcoming cricketers to take full advantage of the academy.

Ganguly's cricket school has come up on a five-acre plot of land provided by the city's Metropolitan Development Authority and will initially take in 700 students.

It has hard soil and different types of clay pitches, bowling machines to simulate fast bowling and 12 nets of international standard to provide enoughpractice space for 300 students simultaneously.

With an ultra-modern gym, library, classrooms for theoretical and video analysis, psychological counselling and experienced coaches and guides, Ganguly is expected to churn out world-class cricketers from the academy. (ANI)

Edited on, October 6, 2005, 3:50 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Edited on, October 6, 2005, 3:53 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.action: Thread merged. Please try to avoid duplicate thread. Thanks.
Old October 6, 2005, 11:00 AM
Banned

I think Gangu babu should be the first student of his school. He should stop avoiding work out and rather work more on physical fitness with his state of the art machines. He should exploit his state of the art tech to find out why he is having problems with short balls. Using the psyco and psychi s in the school he should find out whats wrong with his in and outfield attitude.

I also think, Shantiniketon/Biswabharati should send the students to this new school, not BD team.
Old October 6, 2005, 12:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I think our BKSP age group would have a good trip to their place and see where they stand. Having said that I am sure our facilities are much better. (the national teams practice there football, cricket, hockey etc.)
Old October 6, 2005, 08:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Read here:

http://www.anandabazar.com/6khela1.htm
Old October 6, 2005, 11:35 PM
Banned

who si the babe with the Gangu babu.. and I bet the dhuti pora montri plays better than Dangu sorry Gangu
Old October 8, 2005, 11:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bon bon u must not criticze dada! (a request 4rm a gr8 dada fan)
i've heard a lot of him but no more guyz!!
he is bad ,a [edit] ,a crap but wotelse if he scores a hundred in the next match?
i really m hurt wid his inclusion but i m partly happy dat hes is given sum opportunity n can retire wid due respect!

Edited on, October 8, 2005, 11:01 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: mod.content
Old October 9, 2005, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Indian supporters are really frivulus in thier support for players. They put one up above the sky in one minute and down him below the Mariana Trench in the next minute. I am not a fan of Dada. Actually one of those Bengalis who do not like dada. But still it is too much when someone open a site ihateganguly. Please have a look. It is outrageous.
www.ihateganguly.com
Old October 10, 2005, 02:35 AM
Test Cricketer

I m posting a funny website about Sourav ganguly.Some of his die hard fans made this website.Enjoy!
Website about ganguly