facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 30, 2017, 10:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Let's analyse the reasons for today's match result, calmly.

I know it's hard to keep your cool with a result like this. But let's give it a try and discuss the possible reasons.
Let's not point fingers at individuals. Results like this happen when players collectively fails. So, drop him or pick him can't be the solution. This may not be our best XI but not far from it either. What if one or two key performers get injured before a match? Can we use that excuse to give up like this? We have won matches previously without key players.

So, what happened today? Did we not take the match seriously? Did we not face a stronger bowling attack on overseas soil before? Or was it the captaincy?
We could blame the captain for bowling and fielding side of the game but what happened to our batting today?
Have we already reached our peak and it's all downhill from here? Or it's just a small hiccup?
If we want to be a big team we have to be consistent. Our lows can't be that low.

Old May 30, 2017, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Well it was the combination of Sarkar getting a bad decision, and Sabbir being a poor number three.

It exposed the middle order to the new ball bowling that was beyond them and caused a collapse.

Basically the experiment of Sabbir at three has to stop.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Simple: Bangladesh can't handle the short ball.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

It was an off day for BD batters triggered by some top notch Indian bowling, move on, and prepare for the England match, best of luck.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Is Samaraweera still our friggin batting coach
Old May 30, 2017, 11:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Bangladesh underestimated Indian Bowlers.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:08 AM
Test Cricketer

rules of average being applied here....we had been batting pretty good recently....it just had to happen knowing the nature of our team
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old May 30, 2017, 11:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
rules of average being applied here....we had been batting pretty good recently....it just had to happen knowing the nature of our team
Well then lucky for us it happened in a warm up game
Old May 30, 2017, 11:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Top notch bowling from India, Bangladeshi batsmen are not good with the back foot (they will struggle against good bowling in bouncy wicket as addressed by hp coaches like Mal Loye).You can always find yourself in trouble in this type of pitch against good bowling no matter how good your batting lineup is.The key here is patience.Players like Soumya, Imrul, Shakib and Mahmudullah often get tempted to play the horizontal bat shots whenever they are tested with short pitch deliveries. They need to curb their instincts and be more patient. It is not impossible to handle this type of situation if batsmen are willing to occupy the crease. If a batsman spend enough time in the middle he will get used to the pace of the wicket and find it easier to bat on.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:39 AM
Street Cricketer

odd timing of a warmup match.....very important match after a day and we are giving batting practice to a team..we should have reserved the day for mental preparation and planning aganist eng match..how a player can handle both pressure ? i thought bd batsmen did the right thing by getting out and releasing some pressure from their mind and start thinking about the main match...its my thought...i might be wrong...
Old May 30, 2017, 11:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Top order has been scoring consistently. We can call it an off day. Bowling was let down by captaincy. Fielding was too notch
Old May 30, 2017, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

You can take a couple positives from this match,like Miraz and Rubel bowling well and a sudden improvement in fielding.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Haturi and co need to understand that your top order must be good against the moving ball. Even Anamul was a much better player than Sabbir. Don't believe me? Anamul averaged 35, Sabbir averages 25 in the same position.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 30, 2017, 11:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh has never been good at battling through overcast conditions unless Tamim and Soumya see out the 1st hour of play. Secondly Bhuvneshwar bowled amazingly well using the cutters and mixing in the bouncers. Yadav supported him really well with his pace and just enough swing. They bowled at immaculate lengths. I think Bangladesh's batsmen were surprised by Bhuvi's bouncers as he used to be a line length swing bowler who was a 128-132 km bowler. Soumya wasn't out, Imrul is never good unless its a flat track or a turning one and Sabbir got beaten by pace. Shakib is always shaky at the start and is not in good touch. Mushfiq and Mehedi threw their wickets away after settling in. While Mahmudullah and Mosaddek were beaten by swing, pace and bounce.
In the end it showed how important Tamim is for a good start and why Banglaadesh cant win unless Tamim has a good start especially when chasing.
On the bowling front Rubel and Mehedi did well. Mustafiz was ok-probably didn't go full throttle since the next match is 48 hours away. Taskin was wayward and Shakib looked like he was just warming himself up. He probably should have rested if he was tired but probably needed the batting practice. Whatever issues with the bowling will probably be corrected by the time we face England. But batting wise we will need a lot more luck and application in handling swing, bounce. But I can only guess that the pitches in the main tournament will be easier to bat on.
In addition Mashrafi is the only bowler who can bowl leg cutters and off cutters and has control over whatever swing he has. the Fizz can swing/cut it in one direction.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Bangladesh underestimated Indian Bowlers.
this is by far one of the best Indian attack in recent memory. IF their batting clicks they will likely win the trophy again. Its funny to say this but I think their batting is the weaklink now.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Wait till the pakistani match. Their batsmen are worse than ours. I hope they have a lively pitch for that match.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Here is my 2 cents

I think bowling wise Bangladesh can do really well if they limit mosaddek/mahmudullah from bowling too many overs.

Miraz was awesome today (probably the only positive)
Rubel Mustafiz and Shakib can all do a good job. Fizz was bowling with a shortened run-up, I expect him to do better against England.

Mashrafee needs to finish his quota before the 40th over .

We have to see off the new ball. Play imrul at 3 and Tamim and Sarkar as openers.

For next game drop - Sanjamul, Taskin (although I prefer him over Mash) and Mosaddek...
Old May 30, 2017, 12:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

kisher calm analysis? lungi dhoira tan dise. nengta koira chaira dise.

egulare kan er niche thappor deya uchit. shabbir koidin agey FB live korse abar. answer dise amra final khelei deshe ashbo..
Old May 30, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
shabbir koidin agey FB live korse abar. answer dise amra final khelei deshe ashbo..
halar poot final e giya haira ashbo bolche? Final e jaabi, trophy tulbi na ken ?
Old May 30, 2017, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

In all honesty we are usually prone to this one every series and tournament with wc 15, being the exception

So, if this is us getting it out of the way, then so be it, England won the series but were 20/6 too

Still favourites

Mehedi was a big plus
Old May 30, 2017, 01:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Ki bolbo ar, khela ami ektu deksi

Doa kori jeno ei performance CT te repeat na hoy
Old May 30, 2017, 01:11 PM
Cricket Savant

I did not watch the full match but I will comment anyways...

We suck. That's what went wrong. We still suck after playing thousand years of in'tl cricket.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 30, 2017, 01:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

In these conditions, you dont have bowlers who can genuinely swing the ball and you got batters who cant handle swing and short ones. Thats simply it man! India just took off our fake clothe coverings and showed the world that we suck in these conditions. I thank them for that. Bcb keeps on selecting the wrong players and doesnt seem to give value to experience. So we deserve this. WeE Deserve To be shown naked and have our weaknesses showed to the world.
Old May 30, 2017, 01:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I did not watch the full match but I will comment anyways...

We suck. That's what went wrong. We still suck after playing thousand years of in'tl cricket.
Hehe I agree. We are crap
Old May 30, 2017, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Ekhono double digitey ODI matchey out hoi? Improvement na sai!
Jei lou shei kodu.