facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 28, 2002, 05:04 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default One day series

Durjoy, Sujon, Rafique to play in ODI series

Sports Reporter

Bangladesh Cricket Board has decided to send three cricketers for the upcoming One-day international series with Sri Lanka.

Former national captain Naimur Rahman Durjoy, all-rounders Khaled Mahmud Sujan and Mohammed Rafique will join the squad in Colombo. Durjoy, Sujan and Rafique will leave for Colombo on July 31.

Meanwhile, four cricketers Akram Khan, Aminul Islam Bulbul, Enamul Haque Moni and medium pacer Alamgir Kabir will be sent back to Dhaka after the end the of the second Test match which begins today.

Bangladesh will play their first ODI on August 4, the second on August 5 and the third on August 7. All matches will be held in Colombo.

Old July 28, 2002, 05:18 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Moni & ....

Shudhu shudhu Moni re niya tanatani kortase. Also, in the one dayers, Akram and bulbul might do better. Akram is basically a dhumdharakka player. He can (if he isn't too worried about his place in the team or his future, at 35-37, what future ? He is living his future) he might be able to pull in quick 35-55 runs if he really puts the effort.

Oh well, I am starting to lean toward letting the young ones for more face time anyway. Akram had his share now let's give Ash some more chances to get back in form. I give up on getting results, let's give the boys some practice. *sigh*

Until Masri and Golla comes back, we will have a void in the team. Off course Golla has lost mind trying to increase his strike rate. I'd rather have good old Golla (slow and steady) than the new one.
Old July 28, 2002, 05:31 PM
Banned

How would...

Belim, Rokon work out as test openers..

and, Hannan, Rokon work out as one-day openers

??

I think a rotation policy (not to flatter myself), if well implemented, might work out well for BD.

Not because the players are over-played, but because we really need the best we have for each position, and for each kind of game.

Are we going to witness another 3 way fight for the top 2 positions ? Sounds good, but remember from before when Mehrab, Shariar Hossain, Belim were head butting...that did us no good. One was a lazy *** derelict, and the other was a "I'm just playing to afford buying my Akiz beree."
Old July 28, 2002, 06:13 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Opee and Bidyut

Such a waste. One day they are hammering zimbabwe for a (almost) 200 run partnership and the next day they are not even sonsidered for the A team.
Opee is still out there but Bidyut isjust gone, out of the picture.

I like Golla-Rokon for tests with Hannan coming in later. We need someone to take Akram/Bulbul's place and at this stage, Hannan is scoring then the two combined. . Golla, if he goes back to his old self, has the ability to carry the innings (mostly cause the others don't like hanging around the crease too long) and I miss those days.

Hannan and Rokon can give us explosive openings in the ODIs. I would consider Golla but don't have much (league performance0 to work with here. He is definitely not the same guy when it comes to ODI and tests.
Old July 28, 2002, 07:28 PM
Banned

Default Excellent

It is my personal opinion that this is an excellent move.

Remember K. Mahmud tearing the Kiwi meat out during the NZ tour..and his performance against the P-stanis during '99.

You all should be very happy with Rafique.

Enamul plays a game of attrition, so that won't help the team during the one dayers.

As for Bulbul/Akram..I guess the sun has finally set..unless you are a strong believer of Re-incarnation and such.

You all have supported Durjoy too (just as a player). I just hope he doesn't play that iternally Bengali game of ours called "Pooleetics" while in Lanka.
Old July 28, 2002, 07:51 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Supporting Durjoy

Hashbo na kandbo bhabchi.

We were vocal (amongst ourselves off course and those odd emails to BCB/Saber/Cricinfo) about Durjoy's ineptness as both player and captain. He can pull it off as a one-day player so never had much trouble with that. Let's face it, we don't have too many players who can cross 20 in almost every game and with Durjoy, that was his specialty. The problem with him was that he fails to go beyond 20-25.

Let's not forget that after being called for his bowling style and going thru corrective lessons, he failed to do much with his bowling, tsk tsk. As a captain, let's not get into that now.