facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 11, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
The name is "Enamul" not "Anamul". Mod/Admin please correct the spelling in thread title.
But that's not officially corrected yet...we can't change an official name of emotion, can we?

I understand his name has been misspelled, but it probably just needs an official application from Anam to the board, to correct it. ... He seems to be not so worried about it though....

Old December 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Officially I refer you as "BANFAN" bhai. But I am sure I am officially incorrect as it cant be your name.
Old December 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I prefer Anamul instead of Enamul it stands out from others if you know what I mean.
Old December 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Officially I refer you as "BANFAN" bhai. But I am sure I am officially incorrect as it cant be your name.
Officially My name is BANFAN here, So you are officially correct.....

I mean it will be confusing, like his stats and everything will still remain as Anamul...anyway, it doesn't matter much for those, who will know...but you will have a question from every new comer/visitors/International members etc....and we will need to have a sticky thread...Why Anamul is Enamul on BC'???

Last edited by BANFAN; December 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM..
Old December 11, 2012, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

he is constantly getting called 'Amanul' as well. First Shamim and then Pijush Bondopaddhay (was it him?) during the fan/audience interview during the t20 called him that.
Old December 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

you call him enamul but he spells it anamul. so when you write write with A but when you read read in your head with E!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 11, 2012, 11:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Set ur own standard and keep working hard

Last edited by KaaL-PurusH; December 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM..
Old December 16, 2012, 01:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Happy birthday Bijoy. May GOD continue to grace you with His blessings
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Happy birthday Bijoy, and great to hear u scored a 95 something.
Old December 16, 2012, 03:50 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Last yr he got a on the Victory day and this yr just missed another ton by only 5 runs.
Old December 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
But that's not officially corrected yet...we can't change an official name of emotion, can we?

I understand his name has been misspelled, but it probably just needs an official application from Anam to the board, to correct it. ... He seems to be not so worried about it though....
not only an application to BCB, an application to DIP as well, because it was during he made his passport his name got mistaken. and the name ICC registered was what it was in his passport.

anyway we can still write anamul and pronounce as enamul (এনামুল) . and in bangla we can write এনামুল
Old December 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

He really struggles early on in an innings. But if he reaches 30 runs then ill guarantee that he will score a hundred. I dont know why but he makes a lot of single digit scores. If he learns to adjust his game to the new ball then he will have a high average.
Old January 7, 2013, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I was hoping it would never go below 40 throughout his career. Thank GOD I didn't put money on that premature thought. That being said, I still believe he'll be the first Bangladeshi batsman to end his career with a 50 average and 20+ centuries in each of the two major formats (Tests and ODIs).
There are three batsmen in the history of ODIs with 50+ averages (min. 50 innings). MS Dhoni and Michael Bevan who have predominantly batted at 5 - 7 throughout their careers and have thus notched up a considerable amount of NOs which contribute greatly towards their impressive averages. And then there is Hashim Amla who so far has batted in 60 odd innings. Given that you have followed Bijoy closer than most people I'm sure that there is sound reasoning behind your confidence that he'll join that elite group batting at 2 - 3. I, on the other hand, will be more than satisfied if he can maintain an average of 30 - 35 throughout his career at a reasonably decent SR. But even to achieve that he has a lot of work to do on his technique. This is where I miss JS.
Old January 7, 2013, 06:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yeah Jamie Siddons could've fixed his technical issues or found a way to work around those. But Anamul seriously needs to do something about that footwork as strong opponents will certainly exploit that vilnerability
Old January 7, 2013, 06:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

it's tough to see any batsman from any country finishing their ODI career averaging 50+, even more so for a top 3 batsman. hussey couldn't even manage it. 50+ in tests could happen, he seems to have the temperament and the talent but does need to work on some technical issues but look a lot of players with technical issues average 40+ and even some 50+ in tests e.g. dilshan and sehwag.

tamim could average 50+ in tests, i know anamul has a higher output for tons but tamim has always been a solid FC batsman, averaged 40+ from the very start if not very early on in his FC career and has never dropped it below 40 and he's averaging nowhere near 50 in tests or ODIs and you can't say he doesn't have the talent.

it's a bold statement to say anamul will finish his career averaging 50+ in the 2 major formats, and it's something i'm very much intrigued and interested to follow throughout his career to see whether he can do it. it would be a huge step for BD cricket if it was to happen.
Old January 7, 2013, 09:43 PM
Test Cricketer

বিজয় দিবসে জন্মদিন,ডাকনাম বিজয়,বিজয় দিবস ক্রিকেট ম্যাচে রেগুলার বড় রান কেমন যেন একিসূত্রে গাঁথা বলে মনে হচ্ছে। কামনা করি বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটে বিজয় যেন একটা গল্পগাঁথার নাম হয়ে ওঠে।
Old January 8, 2013, 02:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Anamul isn't still matured enough for an International call up. His technique is totally messed up. He has to work very hard on his technique. Especially his feet, gets stuck, and goes no where. This guy has got immense talent, just gotta concentrate.
Old January 8, 2013, 03:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Anamul no doubt has good coordination and bat speed. Also balance is ok. I think he will get into a habit of footwork but i think lets just see how he does in the BPL. As everyone knows he has this uncanny ability to race to a hundred after reaching his 50.
Old January 8, 2013, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Some people want Anamul to bat at #3. But i remember ages ago when we ran the 'BanglaCricket XI' everyone voted Anamul as the person who should open the batting. I think the selectors looked at that thread and realised that in terms of popularity people wanted Anamul as opener. So thats why selectors put Anamul as opener

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...=banglacricket
Old January 8, 2013, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Ian is still working for Dhaka isn't he? He could help if that's the case. Anyhow, I don't think it will affect him now, but it will when he gets older/is out of form/in seaming (not necessarily bouncy) conditions.
Old January 18, 2013, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Good batting from this talented youngster.
Old January 18, 2013, 09:33 PM
Cricket Savant

What irked me was his ear-to-ear grin after his 50. Dude...don't be satisfied so easily.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 19, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

^Harsh, he did look a tad embarassed IIRC. Did smile though, but not in a smirky way IMO. Everyone's not Shakib :p
Old January 20, 2013, 01:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

A T20 fifty under the lights is something to be happy about, especially for a closely watched teenager just starting his international career.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 5, 2013, 12:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

He's a special player! but Bangladesh needs to play lots and lots of International Cricket otherwise he will be missing out with that much talent he has. BCB needs to act fast about our scheduling and arrange games with all teams top to bottom and fill out these gaps.