facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 26, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

in the name of democracy, the pakistani politicians managed to manipulate the nation into overthrowing the previous military regime. whatever can be said of the military general, at least he was never accused of lining his own pockets.
the army is playing a waiting game. it is going to allow the taliban to approach islamabad. this would be the mandate for a formal overthrowing on the democratically elected corrupt politicians.

Old April 26, 2009, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icysteel
i've seen some insanely gruesome beheading videos today by accident, which apparently took place in to swat region. I can post the link here if you want. I think people need to see them who still question about the sadistic nature of these taliban animals.
I say post them. Make sure you put in a strong warning about the graphic content as well so that those who want to see can have a look and the ones who cant can skip it. However if you dont put up the link there is no way I can see it even if i want to. So please put it up with a warning on the graphical nature of the video.Or if there is a problem putting it up here on the thread, pm me the links.
Old April 26, 2009, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

yes all of this combine to create a negative image of islam. and i think western media likes it. if someone shots his daughter in the west, it wont come in media but if happens in a muslim family, it will get all attention. even though its rather the bible which supports honor killing ("burn your adulterous daughter") not Islam.

i was watching the movie "east is east" where it shows a british pakistani family being torn between cultures. there are uneducated muslims who are helping the western media to portray a negative image of islam. and all the positive contributions muslims make to the society, education etc. gets over looked, whereas islam is the only religion which emphasise education. we must work towards creating a positive image of islam and bangladesh in general.
Old April 26, 2009, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

neel here. you absolutely did the right thing by posting this up, with a warning.

i'm about to watch the video. now.

done.

disgusting. but why were the talibans arguing like that..
Old April 26, 2009, 04:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I say post them. Make sure you put in a strong warning about the graphic content as well so that those who want to see can have a look and the ones who cant can skip it. However if you dont put up the link there is no way I can see it even if i want to. So please put it up with a warning on the graphical nature of the video.Or if there is a problem putting it up here on the thread, pm me the links.
Alright.

WARNING : Extremely violent material . Gruesome gory content .view them at your own discretion.

[Link Removed]

Last edited by Zunaid; April 27, 2009 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Too graphic for this site
Old April 26, 2009, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Oh dear. What happens in Pakistan for adultery BTW. I think it's prison, which is harsh anyway. No-one deserves to be killed for this.
Old April 27, 2009, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icysteel
Alright.

WARNING : Extremely violent material . Gruesome gory content .view them at your own discretion.
Few years back I had seen something similar. The video I saw was from Bangladesh. Shibir goons had beheaded a person and was holding the head by the hair separated from the body after beheading the man.
Old April 27, 2009, 03:38 PM
Administrator

The mods have determined that one of the links point to material too graphic to be directly linked from BanglaCricket. We have a fairly large number of active minors visiting the site and I am hoping all posters will take cognizance of the fact. If you have doubts, please do contact one of the mods in advance.

I do hope you all understand.

Regards,
Zunaid

- as admin
Old April 28, 2009, 05:07 AM
Cricket Legend

The problem also stems from the fact that many Pakhtuns are proud of such actions. They believe in killing for even small crimes (explains the generation long feuds that they have). And while I am all for multiculturalism, I cant help thinking quietly that some cultures are indeed better than others...
Old April 28, 2009, 05:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

these people are not pakhtuns.
Old April 28, 2009, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Pure EVIL.
Old April 28, 2009, 12:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
The problem also stems from the fact that many Pakhtuns are proud of such actions. They believe in killing for even small crimes (explains the generation long feuds that they have). And while I am all for multiculturalism, I cant help thinking quietly that some cultures are indeed better than others...
pashtu culture is backwards, but so is any culture really. the things we ascribe to western liberal culture are only a new creation which in some senses isn't really a "culture" in the sense that its not traditional (yet) nor is it characteristic of a certain group or people. culture is created by the environment and what we see around us. its also how we interpret our own tradition and history.

for example, indians are generally known to be passive and non-violent owing to elements of ahimsa from dharmic ideologies like hinduisim and jainism. however, its interesting that in the face of continued assualts from time immemorial, there are elements of hindu nationalism which would rival the warmongering of hawkish folk from any other culture.

the pashtuns are, due to location from a land which has only known war and tribal conflict. i've heard of a saying, "a Pashtu is at peace when he is at war". such phrases illustrate that war instead of being associated with violence and brutality is rather viewed as valiant and honorable.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 28, 2009, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

A F, very good analysis ! the violent streak in current pakhtun culture is probably a reaction to the fact that for millenia afghanistan served as the highway of invasion into the indian sub-continent.
starting from the archaemenid persian emperors and of course alexander the pakhtuns had to put up with each and every invader into indian sub-continent and later also the white hun invasion into persia.

curiously, afghanistan itself was a thriving centre of buddhism once !
Old April 29, 2009, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
"a Pashtu is at peace when he is at war". such phrases illustrate that war instead of being associated with violence and brutality is rather viewed as valiant and honorable.

Therein lies the problem. Any culture where wars are glorified as honorable has some serious problem with it. In FATA, 2 year old boys are given unloaded guns as toys, and they are proud of it. But to the civilized world (western or eastern), that is a backwards mentality
Old April 29, 2009, 08:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I don't understand how war/battle mindedness could reflect as one group/society's symbol of valiantness and honour, but even if it does like it did among those ancient Spartans. Nordic Vikings, Mongols etc. I never ever see any group or society's logic to justify mindlessly killing of a pregnant woman (along with her male companion) because her crime was adultery...that simply reflects/shows a group of men's savagery, lawlessness, disrespect to humanity, complete lack of and understanding of BASIC minimum fundamental human rights, overzealous insanity! And also those war minded Vikings, Mongols, Spartans who were infested with 'backwardness' and 'darkness' were at least a thousand years ago when the current barbaric 'case' in discussion took place NOW in 2009 - simply unacceptable, anywhere in the planet! And I strongly believe it is our whole world's/human race's collective failure and impotence not to be able to save them and provide simple protection from that kind of barbarism!!!

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 29, 2009 at 09:00 AM..