facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old July 5, 2011, 01:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Oh another thing....what is this constantly comparing and self-superiority/inferiority complex and this constant desire to criticise people across the board at this super young age guys? How do you or I know what the sub-continental Moslems doing, what the British moslems doing and the North Afrikan Moslems or the Detroit Moslems doing? Huhh? Who are you or I to judge who is doing what wrong or right?

Some of you talk about Sharia Law, without even knowing the definite meaning of Sharia or what it means when it is applied to law....None of your country that all of you represent have the Sharia law....what do you know about Sharia law? Have you taken a good look at Afghanishthan last 25-30 years?

Let everyone practice their religion in a peaceful, friendly and understanding manner and respect the next guy here. Religion is a very personal spiritual matter...treat it like it.
What a post BK bhai !!! This should go to BC HALL OF FAME !!! emni emni ki ami apnakey respect kori

Old July 5, 2011, 05:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

BK bhaijaan...! You are a Legend...!
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old July 5, 2011, 05:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Oh another thing....what is this constantly comparing and self-superiority/inferiority complex and this constant desire to criticise people across the board at this super young age guys? How do you or I know what the sub-continental Moslems doing, what the British moslems doing and the North Afrikan Moslems or the Detroit Moslems doing? Huhh? Who are you or I to judge who is doing what wrong or right?

Some of you talk about Sharia Law, without even knowing the definite meaning of Sharia or what it means when it is applied to law....None of your country that all of you represent have the Sharia law....what do you know about Sharia law? Have you taken a good look at Afghanishthan last 25-30 years?

Let everyone practice their religion in a peaceful, friendly and understanding manner and respect the next guy here. Religion is a very personal spiritual matter...treat it like it.
agreed
Old July 5, 2011, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Religion isn't bent on annoying people...
Old July 5, 2011, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Bangla bhai,

You work for "Thought Police" by any chance? What's wrong with adopting names from Torah? Isn't Torah revealed by God and a Heaveny scripture? I'm sure you have learned our basic creed which goes like "amantu billahi wa malakaatihi wa KUTUBIHI wa rusulihi..."!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangla_Bhai
Old July 5, 2011, 03:35 PM
Cricket Sage

BK bhai to the rescue, as usual. Respect!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 7, 2011, 12:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
And whatever the though police are, I'm with them.
Thought Police is a concept from George Orwell's classic 'Nineteen Eighty-Four'. You might wanna read it beside your school works. A must-read book!
Old July 7, 2011, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
I love how some people who represents Islam, a religion apparently of peace and serenity, oozes with biting sarcasm and tones of bitterness.

Bravo!
Take that and internalize it well. Reflect and meditate on this seriously. Perhaps, this will lead to the root of all your angst, fear or suppressed rage which I sincerely believe you're being tormented with. This comes across very clearly when you lash out violently (unprovoked) against Islam, its Prophet, Burqa and LONG BEARDS! These are but symptoms what is eating you away. No Oedipus or Bijlee complex there.

You have made Islam and muslims your punching bag to relieve some of your pain but is it working? Are you being honest with yourself? Are you totally at peace with life without faith in God? Seriously speaking, talk to us, Zeeshan!
Old July 7, 2011, 01:10 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Seriously speaking, talk to us, Zeeshan!
Heaven forbid, you want him to spew more?????? -- strictly as myself
Old July 7, 2011, 11:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Heaven forbid, you want him to spew more?????? -- strictly as myself
We are the ones suppose to be "taking heat" -remember! And we ARE taking it. I suppose its just part of the occupational hazard of being who we are. Now, Zee might be a rebel with/out a cause (angry youngman) but, nonetheless, he comes across as a reasonable and an intelligent geezer, too. Surely, we could assume that he would take my observations sportingly. Otherwise, at least, he would exercise self-restraint and discretion. Once again, I must reiterate, my previous post was in good faith and intention. Therefore, musn't be taken as a malicious gibe. I AM trying to initiate some sort of PEACE accord here!
Old July 7, 2011, 11:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Just curious...who is this "we" in your book?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 7, 2011, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Ooooh, let's not go there. Sensitive jinish.
Old July 7, 2011, 11:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
...what do you know about Sharia law? Have you taken a good look at Afghanishthan last 25-30 years?
But, surely, Afghanistan cannot be cited as a serious example for or against Shari'ah given her post-WW2 history!

Perhaps, a new thread on this.
Old July 7, 2011, 11:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
This an ontological question?

Okay. Let me break it down..."we" could be I, YOU or this Bijlee...it all depends and in relation to exactly which side of the fench WE find ourselves. We could be religious nutjobs, fanatics, zealots or simply Hizbullah (PARTY/SOLDIERS OF ALLAH).

Muttaqi (God conscious individuals) might also be applicable. Matter of PERSPECTIVE.
Old July 8, 2011, 12:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
asdfjkl....this is outragious! What are you thinking man? This sorts of complete blind, STUPID and thoughtless comments give the non-Islamc world the wrong, violent, heartless, savage impression about Al-Islam and the social concept that Islam gave birth to. If it was during the middle ages and during the crusade after the fall of Damascas and Spain and all the recently freed christian slaves from the christian fortresses/citadels would more often convert to their new rescuers path, Al-Islam as a free soul....I am not denying the fact that the Arabs historically always traded and sold and used slaves and took part in this crime against humanity untill probably just a hundred years ago!

asdfjkl, as a moslem, you want to free all/any slaves if you can as it is morally WRONG to enslave another human being or even another living being for the All forgiving Allah's sake. Somehting He the Almighty created just like you and me and you want to enslave that creation of Allah and claim that you own him/her??? Are you out of your mind? You said, "I could free a slave for not fasting one day in ramadan." Waht does it mean? It is said in reference to that time, the time when Islam was founded by the Great prophet (PBUH), the concept you are talking about was refering to freeing slaves of that time, during the infancy age of Al-Islam, if you skiped a day's fasting in the holy month of Ramadan then you must free a slave of yours...it does not or Islam does not permit enslaving anything, let along another human being TODAY, NOW, capiche??>.....

asdfjkl, With age, Islam evolves, it evolves because it teaches us to evolve, because it is indeed like following a scientific research/study....it talks about the truth about humanity and compassion, understanding, respect of all living being, the nature and total submission of YOUR self to Allah. You have to undertand in order to understand.

Please do not say such things about slaves and all agian in the forum...it makes us, this forum, BC and Al-Islam look bad and portray us wrongly. Something we have been fighting since the British and Pakistan invasion/occupation of Bangladesh and in my current country USA we have been fighting slavery since Columbus came here!

I am so dissapointed at a lot of you...I thought of all of you all to be broader and grander...not bickering like this, over things that you do not even know of but you are quoting and refering the Creator and the Prophet (PBUH) left right and center and totally totally degrading the environment of this great Forum.

Great post Javed Bhai. Thanks for bringing sanity (normally you do the opposite ) in this thread. Very matured post.
Old July 8, 2011, 01:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: shakib,shourav

I love this thread!!! from today i'm a fan of banglaguy. bk da is superb as usual.
Old July 8, 2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
But, surely, Afghanistan cannot be cited as a serious example for or against Shari'ah given her post-WW2 history!

Perhaps, a new thread on this.
As long as Afghanistan and her Ex Taliban govt. claim/ed to rule by Sharia law ... pure or not doesnt matter really, as long as they believed and executed as heavenly system to their understanding ... it is serious example, Saudi is another serious example to its own merit, Iran and gong could be other type as such. Someday Pakistan would may find her own purified type, at the end? none is pure but own as world history says.

Afghanistan, most importantly the destructive sufferings of the nation, and her millions of people, and still to continue for coming decades ... can not be brush aside saying pure or not, though I can smell some counter argument in her 'post WW2 history'. Threads on this regard or such pops up every year I thought, someone should dig out if interested.
Old July 8, 2011, 11:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfreturn
I sincerely apologize for this comment
This doesn’t do any good to anybody, except perhaps a false sense of self pride about me.
My dear asdf bhai, it is so good to have you back...I am so sorry to have said a lot of big mouthed talk, I am really sorry...I know you from your other posts, I know and everyone else does too, you are a very gentle, polite and kind person, I know you didn't mean all those thing about slaves and all, it was a just an expression out of excitement of the moment. I am really sorry to have been so rude to you.

Love and peace brother!
Old July 8, 2011, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Guys there are a lot to learn from BCF (Akhi) da and Zeeshan, although they may seem to have been on each others case, but notice, they still maintain a civil and engage in polite manner. They are great examples fo proper respectful engagement/interaction/exchange of views, also like Sadi/Warwolf, Auntu, Tigers_eye bhai, MohammedC bhai..these are some great individuals when it comes to showing other respects. Look at BCF/Akhi, he discuss Al-Islam but he also accepts all's view, feelings with an open arms, he is understanding and that is the massage he sends to all, his kind politeness, humbleness provide an instant sense of comfort for us, we must soak this from him. Learn compassion from BanCricFan bro.

Ooo Akhi, Zeeshaan-er kotha bola jai naa miah, dekhba mookhey koi ek kotha, aar bhitorey bhitorey arek bepaar...Or Bashai gele hoito dekha jabey shara raat Allah-er Ibaadot Bondegi kortese...Jai namajey Shejda dia porey achey,,,,Allah'r naam zhikkiir kortese aare Allah-er kachey Kantese..but here he pretends to be very mr. hot dog. Maybe he is like our President Obama...who we hear secretly prays on an old jai-namaz to Allah in the Oval Office!
Old July 10, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

So, can anyone summarise what has happened since I left?
Old July 24, 2011, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

I feel like Bumping this thread... Ramadan is coming, and with it, Allah accepts our prayers.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I feel like Bumping this thread... Ramadan is coming, and with it, Allah accepts our prayers.
I'll bump it for you

When coming to making comments or stating rulings regarding religious matters which are quite important it's good to have evidence

Most of us don't have a complete understanding of the rulings of sharia, so it is wrong to claim certain countries are ruled by sharia like the westerners or claim we are the only ones who have the right meaning.

We have to give up the rigidity regarding madhab (as in fighting betwen the madhabs) when rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassalam did things differently. But in saying that we can't use the "variation" in islam as a means of bringing in bi'daah.

Regarding shob-e-barat, as far as I know there are no strong hadeeth backing up its celebration, allah knows best. When it comes to grey areas in islam which there will be and we have been told about these areas, it is better to stay away from the grey areas. If you approach the boundaries you are more likely to cross it. We tend to clap our hands and support the things we like but at the end of the day, as muslims we accept what was revealed and we do not go about choosing one thing over the other just because "we feel like" it.

Hold fast to the Qur'an and sunnah (say this as a reminder for me before anyone else). It's pretty straight forward. And stay away from things you're doubtful about.

I hear Shob-e-barat has historically been the time, well in my town of birth anyway, where they had the dodgiest activities taking p lace
Old April 6, 2012, 07:55 PM

This thread is temporarily closed. If any new discussion is to be had, open a new thread.

- as mod
Closed Thread