facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 12, 2017, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Concurrent Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Dinrat, We are talking about marketable as earnings power. Being more famous does not mean you are more marketable for commercial purpose.

There are many footballers that earn less than indian cricketers who are MORE known worldwide.

Read my post again.

and here is a personal thought:

Gayle - this is the guy who hits on/harasses white australian women like a chagol on TV. Companies should not stand behind that type of personality...
No matter, Shakib net worth is not greater than Gayle, Gayle is an internationally recognised brand. You are telling me(your source) that Shakib`s networth is more than the likes of M.S, YV,Kohli,Watto and other legends of the game.

Old September 12, 2017, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you can request forbes to run some numbers on shakib.... but you come up with a pretty accurate picture by going through all his number of endorsements and years of t20 earnings... I don't think the number is much off when I briefly look at his years of earnings and number of endorsements. It may be hard for many to believe however.

these endorsements are often multi year contracts...

how do you think forbes is gonna come up with a number? ^above that's how.

That link by forbes proves what exactly? forbes is usually conservative when estimating numbers. Also those are PER YEAR earnings. Dhoni was among the most highest paid athlete in the WHOLE world few years back...(includes soccer, basketball, nfl football) in top 10.. he was in the middle i think forgot. Where do you see yuvi's number?

you can believe whatever you want... He is well paid
But don't you think Forbes is a bit more credible, valid and accurate compared to a site called crictracker.com
Old September 12, 2017, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you are an idiot. Stop replying please if you do not understand simple posts first.

Where did I write shakibs worht is more than MS, Kohli?? are you stupid. Read just my previous post.

Dhoni was number 5 in WORLD WIDE earnings PER YEAR 3 years ago.

Net worth is NOT same as earnings PER YEAR.

I am not gonna post anymore to you.

yes SHkib is richer than gayle and most of current australian pauper players.
Yea I see you are talking about net worth, my mistake. Gayle net worth is much higher than Shakib's. Don't forget all these stats are written by die hard shakib fans. No need for senseless aggression. Even with all the sponsorships(from less wellknown brands) + the restaurant business, plus his total assets are value much higher compared to Shakib( has houses in NY,IND and the Windies) I highly doubt his net worth even exceeds 10-15 million. Gayle is seen taking photos with companies such as Volkswagen, Toyota, Royal Stag,Pepsico.

Last edited by DinRaat.; September 12, 2017 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Had a change of mind
Old September 12, 2017, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Team needs him most, and the bloke decides to take a break.
Old September 12, 2017, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

I think Shakibs absence will be a real shock to the system obviously. But I hope this helps us prepare for times without him in the team and for the future.

I know many would change their sentiments if the guy was injured for the series but we still need to see how we cope.

May Allah see us through
Old September 12, 2017, 04:47 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I refuse to believe the reasoning is just fatigue because of the timing of it. Why wait till the end of the Australia series to announce this decision? If he wanted a break this year, then announce it early so that Team management can plan accordingly.

And what kind of idiotic decision was that to leave Ryad out for Australia series if he was going to feature in the SA series? If you thought Ryad would be useful in SA, then why play Nasir and leave Ryad out of match practice? Either you should have faith in Nasir or in Ryad but it can't be 50:50 which just seems utter moronic
Old September 12, 2017, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I refuse to believe the reasoning is just fatigue because of the timing of it. Why wait till the end of the Australia series to announce this decision? If he wanted a break this year, then announce it early so that Team management can plan accordingly.

And what kind of idiotic decision was that to leave Ryad out for Australia series if he was going to feature in the SA series? If you thought Ryad would be useful in SA, then why play Nasir and leave Ryad out of match practice? Either you should have faith in Nasir or in Ryad but it can't be 50:50 which just seems utter moronic
Maybe fatigue snuck up on him, you can hit an energy wall out of nowhere, especially for a 30 year old 10+ year pro

Old September 12, 2017, 04:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Hardly, even with Shakib we won't win

We need him the most at home series or away to similar level teams

Old September 12, 2017, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

He has been playing non stop for ten years, contributing with bat, ball, thinking. No doubt about all that.

But there was always the possibility of him playing just as a batsman. We are only talking about 4 tests for the next 4 months.

Nevertheless i think this is a nice reminder to management and selectors they better start developing some newer players.
Old September 12, 2017, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
His timing was awful I do agree.

Well Shakib has in the past done things which werent the best. Tbh I was glad when he was sidelined when Haturi came in.
Old September 12, 2017, 05:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Hardly, even with Shakib we won't win

We need him the most at home series or away to similar level teams
He knows he needs dustbowls,whithout that he's nothing.

But his batting will be missed.
Old September 12, 2017, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Not as badly as Indian bowlers, thank God

Can you imagine how pathetic you would feel being supporters of the likes of Jadeja and that chucking ashwin

Old September 12, 2017, 05:52 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Not as badly as Indian bowlers, thank God

Can you imagine how pathetic you would feel being supporters of the likes of Jadeja and that chucking ashwin
no need to belittle other players just to respond to trolls
Old September 12, 2017, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Maybe... most of Shaks 5 fers have been at home, he needs more international exposure to accurately assess whether he is pitch dependent, like bowlers such as Jadwin.
Old September 12, 2017, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
no need to belittle other players just to respond to trolls
How am I belittling, Jadeja has a bradman esque bowling average away from home

Old September 12, 2017, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

ESPNCricinfo

'I deserve a break' - Shakib

"I have been thinking about taking the break for quite some time now," Shakib said. "I have spoken to my family and friends ahead of this series about this break. I think this will help me. Since I play a lot, I can't focus on my fitness or even try to be mentally fresh. I have been playing for 10-11 years, so I think I deserve a break.

"In Test cricket, my role is such that I have to contribute in all four innings. If I am contributing half the time, I won't be able to meet the team's expectations. I think it is best to play when I know I can give my best in all four innings. It is not important to me to just play for the sake of match fees and salary. This is my job, for sure, but I started playing out of interest, passion and love for the game. If that's not there, I don't see the point in playing."

"I don't react to those [criticisms]. I know how much my body goes through. I am surprised when people question why I am not resting from limited-overs matches or other T20s. There are really no pressures when playing those T20 matches. It seems like a holiday to me, with a bit of experience and of course, it is financially important too."

Old September 12, 2017, 09:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

The sad truth is that with or without him, the result is still going to be 2-0 to the South Africans. I don't like his excuses, but maybe he should skip out for this test series just for the sake of it. The side plays very little tests, so it really doesn't make much sense.
Old September 12, 2017, 09:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

We play the least amount of Int Cricket, so its not like he's played non-stop for 10 years. We had Tamim not to long ago bemoan the fact we dont play enough Test Cricket.

Shakib is 30, so he knows his body best. If he really needs a break then he should take the entire series off. Missing out on 2 tests wont rejuvenate him.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old September 12, 2017, 09:41 AM
BC Editorial Team

Please do not get a ban by violating forum rules in your attempt to shut up a troll. Trolls don't shut up - they go on.

There are trolls here who are very smart about making bombastic statements while staying within the bounds of forum rules. Trust the Mods. As the Austin situation shows, the very first time a troll slips up, he/she will get banned. Until then: DO NOT FEED THE TROLL
Old September 12, 2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

and tha't coming from a Shak "hater" !!!
Old September 12, 2017, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shakib has played only 7 away tests in last 5 years. That's the number of tests kohli plays in one single away tour.

They can't simply be compared. Kohli is easily one of the greatest athletes of all time. He's the leader of his IPL team and plays all of the matches where as shakib just sits in the dug out in the very same league.

Kohli is one of the best fielders in world cricket if not the best. Compared to him shakib is, well let's not get there.

Kohli plays way, way more international matches than shakib and the whole Indian team has been ridding on his back for last several years but still it hasn't made him fatigued.

As I said, kohli and shakib r two completely different level of athletes. One wants to be the greatest of all time whereas the other just wants to remain happy by being the best all rounder of a no 9 ranked team.
Bro, where do you come up with such nonsense? The whole Indian team could bat circles around majority of the teams, and that too without Virat. Not to mention Team India wins plenty of test matches which is not the best format for Virat out of the 3 international ones.

Plenty of people already pointed this out, which for some reason you are not reading, Shakib most likely wants to step away for 6 months because of the workload Mushy puts on him during a single test match. If a test match goes on for 5 days, Shakib plays 3-5 days most of the time where as others can sit in the dugout when the team mate is batting for a whole day or stand at the corner when others are bowling for a whole day. Batting/Bowling (you have to feel sorry in this department for this fella), he has to do it all. Not to mention, he most likely will have to take on the captaincy from Mushy. I am not surprised he haven't pushed for a retirement from this format.
Old September 12, 2017, 10:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

let's compare Kohli and Shakib. Coz Kohli bowls 50+ overs in both innings. His medium pace is the spearhead of Indian bowling attack.

Oh and Shakib being the best all rounder of the no.9 ranked team. Nope, he is the best all rounder in the world.

This is BC logic. It is bichi logic to me.
Old September 12, 2017, 11:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Shakib deserves a break, he has carried the burden too long. BCB need to have a rotational policy in place so they can use youngsters against weaker teams and good players against stronger teams.

On a lighter note: Shakib, welcome to IPL mate.
Old September 12, 2017, 11:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

With all due respect to everyone, I honestly think we are making a big deal out of this. Bangladesh Cricket has won matches without Shakib Al Hasan before. I don't see why we can't do it again but Other people both senior and juniors should step up big time. You don't really need 3 SLA/spinners in South Africa to succeed only at most two spinners should do.
Old September 12, 2017, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Here is what Shakib said in response to all of you:

Also, a gentle reminder to those who are questioning his dedication: