facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yeah that's another weakness of his captaincy and he never tries something different...he never learns from his mistakes it seems specially when it comes to his captaincy... really disappointing
Gotokal he kept rotating his bowlers and each change seemed like a master stroke. Like when he brought on Nasir for one over and immediately got a wicket. Today he's suddenly become clueless? Eita kemne hoi....Jamshed batted well and KRB eta harlo...swings and roundabouts.

Old February 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

All I see here is whining about Shakib's captaincy. Why not give credit where credit is due? Chittagong played the better game today and deserved this victory. It's just 1 game, just move on.
Old February 12, 2012, 10:39 AM
BC Editorial Team

^^ Exactly, and Tamim khelche nah. His teams seem to win more often than not when he's not around =p (sorry if that sounds a bit harsh)
Old February 12, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
All I see here is whining about Shakib's captaincy. Why not give credit where credit is due? Chittagong played the better game today and deserved this victory. It's just 1 game, just move on.
According to my observation Chittagong didn't play exceptionally well rather it's KRB who played really bad... CK's bowling was pretty ordinary still KRB could not manage a competitive total because of Chanderpaul's slowness !!! CTG's fielding was bad too... Yes Nasir Jamshed played a gem of am innings that's what made the difference between the 2 team.. but then again KRB's bowlers didn't bowl that well today.. Nasir bowled poorly.. and the curious case of captain Shakib's mind remains a mystery for not using Raz or himself .. I hope some journalists ask him the question as I really want to know the logic behind it... one of the best spinner of the world didn't complete his quota.. why???
Old February 12, 2012, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Gotokal he kept rotating his bowlers and each change seemed like a master stroke. Like when he brought on Nasir for one over and immediately got a wicket. Today he's suddenly become clueless? Eita kemne hoi....Jamshed batted well and KRB eta harlo...swings and roundabouts.
Ya I know sometimes he is just too good.. but what I was saying is his over dependance on one tracked formula of always using a SLA against a RHB and an offie against a LHB sometimes costs him the game (like today)... Let's see what's his approach for today's match... he have to be creative against Gayle.. I don't know if they watch the video of opposition players before a match as he really needs to study Gayle's movement and find his weakness... of course Gayle too has some weaknesses and you have to bowl according to that...
Old February 12, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
According to my observation Chittagong didn't play exceptionally well rather it's KRB who played really bad... CK's bowling was pretty ordinary still KRB could not manage a competitive total because of Chanderpaul's slowness !!! CTG's fielding was bad too... Yes Nasir Jamshed played a gem of am innings that's what made the difference between the 2 team.. but then again KRB's bowlers didn't bowl that well today.. Nasir bowled poorly.. and the curious case of captain Shakib's mind remains a mystery for not using Raz or himself .. I hope some journalists ask him the question as I really want to know the logic behind it... one of the best spinner of the world didn't complete his quota.. why???
And that's why I said CK was the better team. Bad games happen. And again its just 1 game. If it becomes a recurring theme then I can understand the frustration but let's see what happens in the next few games.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old February 12, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
And that's why I said CK was the better team. Bad games happen. And again its just 1 game. If it becomes a recurring theme then I can understand the frustration but let's see what happens in the next few games.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Yeah , let's see !!! nothing much you can do against Gayle but still they have to try..
Old February 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
170-3 on a flat track is not competitive enough
Nope, need like 195, and they were all set for it. The pitch was a damn belter for godssake. Yeah, it was awful to not bowl out himself and Razzak, but the just par score is clearly not enough to beat Chittagong, lets be honest here.
Old February 12, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
CK's bowling was pretty ordinary still KRB could not manage a competitive total because of Chanderpaul's slowness !!!
You gotta be kidding me right? The guy got a fifty, but Russel could have done that and more at better strikerate. Small boundaries and flat track, his fifty was really useless since he bogged down the strike a lot. Otherwise they'd have reached around the 200 mark quite comfortably.
Old February 12, 2012, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
You gotta be kidding me right? The guy got a fifty, but Russel could have done that and more at better strikerate. Small boundaries and flat track, his fifty was really useless since he bogged down the strike a lot. Otherwise they'd have reached around the 200 mark quite comfortably.
Yes he got his 50 but he was unable to rotate the strike and too many dot balls didn't helped the team.. he is an excellent batsman no doubt about that but in T20 you have to score fast specially when there were wickets in hand.. after reaching 50 hit or miss should've been his approach rather than just eating up too many balls !!! KRB was at least 25 runs short because of the slowness in the middle overs.. Jayasuriya should be given a chance today to see if he can do anything different and he also gives a spin bowling option for the team..
Old February 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Yes he got his 50 but he was unable to rotate the strike and too many dot balls didn't helped the team.. he is an excellent batsman no doubt about that but in T20 you have to score fast specially when there were wickets in hand.. after reaching 50 hit or miss should've been his approach rather than just eating up too many balls !!! KRB was at least 25 runs short because of the slowness in the middle overs.. Jayasuriya should be given a chance today to see if he can do anything different and he also gives a spin bowling option for the team..
Chanderpaul is the only one of the oldies in the KRB team who still plays for their national team. A bit apprehensive about Jayasuriya because his last few matches for SL were poor and his recent domestic performances haven't been stellar either. (As someone pointed out, at least Gibbs did really well in the BBL!)

Having a consolidator at the top is not a bad idea but it might have been more prudent to send in Russell/Nasir at No.3 once the opening pair lasted a while and the run rate was mediocre. D. Smith and Shakib could come afterwards if Russell/Nasir got out quickly. (Shakib can score at better than run-a-ball but it's very unlikely that he would be able to maintain a SR of 150+ for a considerable amount of time.) In the match against DG, when Russell and Nasir came together in the 17th over the score was 129-5. In the remaining 3 overs they scored 46 runs. Lesson to be learned from that.
Old February 12, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Maintaining the RR was clearly Chanderpaul's responsibility, since he was set and wicket was falling on the other hand. If you have watched that stage of the match.... You will realize ...KRB lost the ploy for 3/4 overs, while the new batsmen were taking time to settle/losing wkt for trying to hit too early.... But chanderpaul was just giving them strikes with a single....he thought he has achieved his milestone.........

And IMO, that was around 12 overs when they lost their wkt and Shakib should have brought himself in who can start hitting from ball1, or at least can rotate at ease. KBR would have been 200+ if Shak came in at that stage.

Last edited by BANFAN; February 12, 2012 at 04:16 PM..
Old February 12, 2012, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Chanderpaul is the only one of the oldies in the KRB team who still plays for their national team. A bit apprehensive about Jayasuriya because his last few matches for SL were poor and his recent domestic performances haven't been stellar either. (As someone pointed out, at least Gibbs did really well in the BBL!)

Having a consolidator at the top is not a bad idea but it might have been more prudent to send in Russell/Nasir at No.3 once the opening pair lasted a while and the run rate was mediocre. D. Smith and Shakib could come afterwards if Russell/Nasir got out quickly. (Shakib can score at better than run-a-ball but it's very unlikely that he would be able to maintain a SR of 150+ for a considerable amount of time.) In the match against DG, when Russell and Nasir came together in the 17th over the score was 129-5. In the remaining 3 overs they scored 46 runs. Lesson to be learned from that.
you know what I would say to try something different ... The opening partnership should be a combination of both aggressiveness and calmness !!! One of the opener should start hitting the ball from the word go (which was Gibbs role but somehow he is not timing the ball perfectly) soo Russel should come at the beginning to score some quick runs even if he gets out still there will be some runs on the board.. now who should open with Russel??? Gibbs can still open but he didn't look very comfortable in any of these 2 games, so they can try Jayasuriya there (he actually had one successful IPL- I hope he can repeat that performance).. So Gibbs can come at 1 down. If early wicket falls then Shakib is the only answer to hold the innings together if not then Smith can come in at 2 down and then Shakib and Nasir... KRB's batting line up is not bad actually very good, it's just they have to accelerate at a higher pace.... for bowling he should use his spin bowlers more efficiently.. Gayle does fall to offies and Shak have to take his chances... too bad that Shak does not have any other off-spinner than Nasir.. so Shak himself will have to step up and try and forget about his theory of always using a offie against a LHB..

Last edited by oronnya; February 12, 2012 at 03:54 PM..
Old February 12, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Maintaining the RR was clearly Chanderpaul's responsibility, since he was set and wicket was falling on the other hand. F you have watched that stage of the match.... You will realize ...KRB lost the ploy for 3/4 overs, while the new batsmen were taking time to settle/losing wkt for trying too early.... But chanderpaul was just giving them strikes with a single....he thought he has achieved his milestone......... And IMO, that was around 12 overs when they lost their wkt and Shakib should have brought himself in who can start hitting from ball1, or at least rotate at ease. KBR wouod have been 200+
I don't think so, Shakib is not a good T20 batsman, yes he hits 4 or 6 but he gets out just after hitting 1 or 2 boundaries or 6s whereas yesterday Russel scored 37 by hitting almost every ball for boundary and that was what KRB needed today at that point.. rather I would say it would have been better if Russel came before Smith ... Shakib got success yesterday because he came to the crease before 10th over so he had ample time to settle down and rotate the strike and I hope you remember that Shak didn't hit many boundaries or 6s yesterday ...