facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 3, 2004, 12:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Great post Tintin! It is ironic that during an election campaign politicians must promise low taxes, increased health and education spending, low interest rates, low inflation, low unemployment rates etc when most of these are infact conflicing goals.

bourny - wouldn't you say most Australians are idiots too for not only giving Howard another term but a majority in the senate! ( )

All in all, I'd say it has been a horrible month.

Old November 3, 2004, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Fab are you in Australia too. How do you know about our politics so well. I voted for Howard because i couldnt trust the other bloke he would have been the worst prime minister ever. The majority in the senate may be bad. But it could be good also. Obviously the Libs will pass bills quickly through the senate because oft his majority. But some things need to be done. Like the whole sale of Telstra.
Old November 3, 2004, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

This is so over. Dubya's got it. (sigh)
Old November 3, 2004, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Not only did Kerry lose, Bush has a popular mandate. They gained in the House, Senate, state legislatures. Aside from a few pockets of resitance around major cities in the West, midwest and Northeast, the Christian right has taken over this country. It's best ambassador is the baby faced fascist, former Christian Coalition exec director Ralph Reed, and you will see him in the national spotlight much more going forward. With Bush unable to switch gears so far and act despite his own convictions, the full brunt of this agenda will be felt for a long time. Supreme Court judges will be replaced this term, jeopardizing roe v. wade (woman's right to choice), the deficit will climb beyond reach, Osama will go on the attack, Iraq will burn, Aussies will continue to ridicule Americans as if they live in some kind of heaven (do they, if so I am looking to relocate)..... the list goes on. Sigh.
Old November 3, 2004, 12:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

yeah, the list go on..........

... people like me stays job less for 4 more years. sigh.

what u say bourney, we sould think of relocating to australia?

Edited on, November 4, 2004, 4:52 AM GMT, by AgentSmith.
Reason: years, not yes
Old November 3, 2004, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah Agent Smith go for it. It is definitely better than the USA. Well thats what I think. And the cricket team is good also. Thats all you need.
Old November 3, 2004, 09:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Bourny - Yeah I live in Brisbane. I could live with the fact that Howard is PM again. But his senate majority is very worrying.

Rafiq - Nah, at this rate Australia is becoming a little mini-USA (since Howard likes to copy Bush)