facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2009, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Default Amnesty for ICL players

Basically, any players playing in ICL can resume Int'l cricket after 1 year cooling period given they break the ties with ICL before May 31. For details, click the link.

http://content.cricinfo.com/icl2008/...ry/402028.html

I hope the few players in DW that we truly miss will have a chance to return. God speed.

Old April 29, 2009, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

This is reassuring news but they won't get into the National team unless they play well in the Domestic Leagues
Old April 29, 2009, 03:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I think one or two weeks before I read an article in Prothom-Alo where Aftab said its not possible to break the contract with the ICL. If they do, they will be facing legal issues.

Oi mora gulo valo motei morse.. na pare domestic cricket khelte na pare ICL match. Na pare matha uchu kore rastai chola phera korte.. Oti lobe taati nosto..
Old April 29, 2009, 03:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Even after cooling off period I don't want them within 100 m of my national team unless they perform at least 10 times better than the existing national player. And for Sharier ' I suck ICL' Nafees, Dhiman ' I have done enough for National Team' Ghosh and Alok ' I did nothing but Ashraful told me' Kopali the door should be permanently close
Old April 29, 2009, 03:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Whether they should be allowed in the nat'l team is a mute point. They will have to play in the domestic leagues for a year before gaining international elligibility. But with out performing they are not coming back. Also, the deadline of 31 May is for Indian players and BCCI. I hope BCB chooses a suitable deadline.

Traitor or not, our domestic leagues can do with eleven more premium players.
Old April 29, 2009, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

This is actually a political move by the BCCI. Since ICC did not approve ICL, they are supposed to go to the court. BCCI wants some of the players and officials in their side and that is the reason behind offering such 'softness'. It is good to have money in sports; it is good to have control; but such monopoly will eventually destroy the sport. BCCI copy-pasted the idea of T20 tournament from the ICL and then because of their terms with the ICC and other boards, they have been successful in their campaign against the ICL. But the outcome is not good for cricket as you can see from this year's IPL.

In a perfect world, to BCB, ICL and IPL should not have any difference. Both the tournaments allow the palyers to give first priority to their national duties. ICL is more profitable, because they have taken a complete team, while IPL has taken only two of our players. But BCB can not avoid the threat of the BCCI and they are compelled to ban those ICL players. They certainly lack their backbones; but in the current situation they can not act against the BCCI.

But as general people, we can look at the matter from a view where we do not need to be afraid of the BCCI, we are free to consider what is the best solution to Bangladesh cricket. From that perspective, I would like to consider all the players playing in the ICL for selection in the national team. If they perform, I do not care, if they are playing in the ICL or IPL.
Old April 29, 2009, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Thumbs up BCCI offers amnesty for ICL players : Other Boards to Follow !

http://content.cricinfo.com/icl2008/...ry/402028.html

Quote:
The BCCI has announced an "amnesty" to all Indian players associated with the ICL and said that they can return to official cricket if they cut all ties with the unofficial private league within May 31. The players who chose to return to the official fold will be eligible to play international cricket after a 'cooling period' of a year, but can play domestic cricket from June 1, when the ICC's new rules on official and unofficial cricket come into force.

It's learnt that other national boards who have banned their ICL players from official cricket are expected to follow suit.
The Indian board announced its decision after a meeting of its working committee in Mumbai.

"The BCCI has taken a decision to grant amnesty to players who have been associated the ICL," Shashank Manohar, the BCCI president, said. "They have been given time till May 31 during which they need to sever all ties with the ICL and come back to the BCCI and inform the board.

"We have taken a further decision on those players and the support staff of the ICL that they will not be able to play international cricket or given international assignments for a period of one year from the date they sever their allegiance with the ICL.

"A lot of cricketers and support staff with the ICL met us and informed us that it was a mistake committed by them in joining the ICL and they want to return to the BCCI," Manohar said. "They will be allowed to play domestic cricket immediately. "
good news indeed !
Old April 29, 2009, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

http://content.cricinfo.com/icl2008/...ry/402064.html
Quote:
New Zealand could waive one-year 'cooling period'
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) could waive the one-year "cooling period" proposed by the Indian board for players returning from the unsanctioned ICL to international cricket. Such a move would raise the tantalising prospect of exiled pacemen Shane Bond and Daryl Tuffey returning to the fold for New Zealand's next bilateral international assignment, the August tour of Sri Lanka.
which means that BCB can do the same if needed. I'm sure BCCI will also be much more understanding now that ICL is no longer a threat.
Old April 29, 2009, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

What is the meaning of amnesty??
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 29, 2009, 05:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

will help with the quality of domestic cricket in BD and i'm hoping the 1 year cooling period will stick and not be waived like NZ are thinking of doing because i like the national team/squad/fringe players atm and i want them to progress as a group and i'd hate it if these ICLers came back and got into the national team straight away and kicked out some really promising players.
Old April 29, 2009, 06:00 AM
Club Cricketer

We need this amnesty more than most. We desperately need alok kapali back, especially for the World T20 in England...
Old April 29, 2009, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
pardon.
Old April 29, 2009, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
pardon.
thanks...
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 29, 2009, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

good news......then by the middle of next year......Aftab, SN, Alok can be available for selection if BCB also follows BCCI's steps. That will be really good as we will have some more options to choose from. We also need those ICL players in domestics also.
Old April 29, 2009, 07:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Nz is waiving the cooling off period, which means their players can be available after 1st june for international duty, BCB??
Old April 29, 2009, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

as I said, with the threat of ICL gone, boards can get their players to play internationally from day one, provided they cut-off ties with ICL. as for india, none of the players were national prospects anyway.
Old April 29, 2009, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Amnesty means "Shadharon Khoma".

It's mighty arrogant and dreadfully wrong on BCCI's part to call this an amnesty. As if the cricketers did a crime by playing ICL. Moral / sentimental issues aside, a proffessional should be able to play cricket wiothout facing reprimend.

ICC talks about globalizing and taking the game forward , still they don't allow anybody else to instigate cricket. Stupids, they are.
Old April 29, 2009, 07:51 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I don't think any Bangladeshi player will take the opportunity. They went to ICL last year for money. If they want to come back, they have to forfeit the lion share of that money.

Unless BCB offers some sort of contract offer to some prize players like Aftab, SN and Dhiman, I don't see any of them returning to national fold in near future.
Old April 29, 2009, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I don't think any Bangladeshi player will take the opportunity. They went to ICL last year for money. If they want to come back, they have to forfeit the lion share of that money.

Unless BCB offers some sort of contract offer to some prize players like Aftab, SN and Dhiman, I don't see any of them returning to national fold in near future.
Ya....this is a point.....if Aftab, Alok, SN has to return the money they have already got from ICL, then it would be really a tough decision.....as they also not sure for national selection also.....they are in perfect "chipa" position now.....also missed the PCL...
Old April 29, 2009, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I would not suggest any of the ICL players to throw away their contracts. The BCCI proposal seems to be a trap and it is even harder for our players. Even we fans are calling for their heads and you can easily understand how unprofessionally the BCB officials will behave on their ego.
Old April 29, 2009, 09:03 AM
Cricket Sage

i have no problem letting them back in our domestic league..it could help improve our domestic leagues a bit..
Old April 29, 2009, 09:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
I think one or two weeks before I read an article in Prothom-Alo where Aftab said its not possible to break the contract with the ICL. If they do, they will be facing legal issues.

Oi mora gulo valo motei morse.. na pare domestic cricket khelte na pare ICL match. Na pare matha uchu kore rastai chola phera korte.. Oti lobe taati nosto..
and i read somewhere they are yet to get paid fully by ICL..and he's afraid of them..he should be the one to take them to court for not fulfilling the contract..
Old April 29, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I would not suggest any of the ICL players to throw away their contracts. The BCCI proposal seems to be a trap and it is even harder for our players. Even we fans are calling for their heads and you can easily understand how unprofessionally the BCB officials will behave on their ego.
Agreed. It should be noted that ICL and players who signed up with ICL never did anything unprofessional or illegal (i'm talking about signing and not comments that were made afterwards). ICL never looked to prevent players from international cricket and followed all proper procedure to be recognized officially by the ICC.

I think the Dhaka Warriors should wait out to see if the October tournament goes through or not. Imagine next years IPL when the PAK players are back. How many foreign players do you think will get to play?

I think with the prospect of the American Cricket League and if ICL picks back up from the recessions we may eventually have a rival to ICC itself that can provide additional entertaining cricket.

Bangladesh gets little respect as it is from the ICC and if a 'Bangladeshi' team is represented in another league (ICL, APL whatever) I will follow and spend my money on it.

I would recommend that ICL expand with teams like ICL Africa, ICL Oceania and ICL Europe (sign Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, Netherlands players etc.) and make their event a truly global event.
Old April 29, 2009, 09:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i think this IPL is also flop event. didnt see one single promising player outside of national squad, its a tournament with indian team +32 international players+ non performing indian criketer+ cheerleader+ 3 movie stars unnecessary show off+ talks against ICL
Old April 29, 2009, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

This is good. Once they are back it gives them time to prove their worth for the national team.