facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2002, 03:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Gus Logi - Coach for Canada

The former famous middle order batsmnan Gus Logi has been appointed as the coach for Canadian Cricket team for World Cup '03. He will take charge on Jan 10.

Old December 10, 2002, 05:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Gordon

what about Gordon??? Didn't he accept BCB offer??
Or there was not any offer at all??
Old December 10, 2002, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Default We insulted him once...

so it's hardly likely Gordon's continue to be very enthusiastic about coaching us again. Apart from that, the level of professionalism within the BCB has gone pretty much down the toilet (nepotism, bad league structure, lack of transparency, poor selection, people with non-cricketing credentials), so I think our Board will be pretty inept at luring him back. They won't be able to guarantee him anything...not good practice facilities, not a good league, nothing.

I also think he's a little bit of a loose cannon. Remember when we were lobbying for test status, he rushed to the international press to tell the media that we're not ready for it yet. For Pete's sake, of course we're not ready. You're never going to be ready if you're not given the opportunity to play top class cricket on a regular basis. He almost did us a lot of damage. I, for one, am much happier losing every single match that we play, than not being able to support my team at all. Despite the tremendously shameful performances, I love them guys, man, I always will. They'll do it someday. I don't think Gordon respects that.
Old December 10, 2002, 11:03 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Always

Most of us are angry, mad, some of us are furious. Yet, all of us feel betrayed and let down AGAIN.
No matter how much we talk down on our players (which they do deserve) we will support them no matter what. And that gives us the right to blast them all over the field. heck, they brought it over themselves.
Old December 11, 2002, 01:46 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think Gordon was hurt bad when he saw the poor technique of his former students - almost the same students whom he taught how to bat well.