facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 15, 2013, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Lack of interational Cricket for Bangladesh

Who is to be blamed? We had a successful Asia Cup, performed well against SL and WI, and now we have absolutely no cricket for 5 months straight while Zimbabwe will have played 2 more series by then
Old July 15, 2013, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Timing of Zimbabwe tour wasnt good. There was too little preparation time in between the SL and Zimbabwe series.

But in a way this gap is good for us. BCB has finally realized skill and physical development isnt possible three weeks before a series. Best time to work on all these areas is during off season. Glad SJ and company are making good use of it. Nows the chance to work on batting technique, bowling technique, fielding, all the nuts and bolts which are just possible during tournaments.
Old July 15, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

I know it gives us some time.

But what our players need is real cricket. Its sad to see teams like England-Aus play 10 tests a year just against each other and on the other hand our players are having jilapy all day. Our cricket is not heading in the right direction and we should have agreed to tour Ireland
Old July 15, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

While i do agree there is no substitute for real cricket, but too much of real cricket means turning up for an exam without preparation. Our guys hardly have a break to sit done and work on their basics. They only practice before a series which will never have the desired effect. Nows the time for say Sohag Gazi to add a few tricks to his bowling, or for Rubel to work on his death over bowling. Or say all of them to learn how hit the stumps, or convert 1's to 2's and 2's to 3's.

I dont think we need a lot of cricket-it might backfire. But what we need are these series/tournaments to be spaced out so that we can prepare properly, and so that the national team players get to play more domestic cricket, A Team cricket, enjoy camps etc. I am glad BCB has realized the importance of off season training.

Cricket not heading in the right direction? Sporting wise i cant agree. 2012/13 has been one of Bangladesh's most successful couple of years. We also have some very good young coaches leading us-RM, SJ, CR. Of course administrative wise we are in a mess. But that doesnt only apply to cricket does it? Politics, economy, business, all other sports, everything is in a mess. At least from Asia Cup onwards our players have given us sth to smile about
Old July 15, 2013, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

i see you are an optimist, i liked that.

But I have seen a lot of negatives:

1) BPL payment issues
2) Fixing scandals
3) Poor fitness of our players-Our players are supposed to be professional athletes. Some are bulky, some are skinny, and some cannot even dive around even if their life depended on it.
4) BCB's constant failure to arrange enough tour for national team-Ateam,u19 team.
5) Lack of real cricket means our KEY players are getting involved in this T20 tournaments all around the world, doing no justice to their skills in the more important formats - ODIs and tests.
6) Our domestic structure-In a mess as always
Old July 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

It all the more makes no sense to cancel the Ireland tour.
Old July 15, 2013, 03:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Who is to be blamed? We had a successful Asia Cup, performed well against SL and WI, and now we have absolutely no cricket for 5 months straight while Zimbabwe will have played 2 more series by then
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum_1
bro we had the same problem last year where we didnt have game for long time but kamal arranged almost 2 to 3 series so player didnt have sitdown for a while , and now exactly same things happening but bcb president papon only looking for how to put money on his pocket probbaly who knows

if bd was touring ireland than bcb might have to spend almost 1 core , so corrupted bcb thought if they spend this money than they will get less corruption money on their pocket

may allah save bangladesh cricket from these corrupted people , and help bring back good people lyk saber chowdhury and mostofa kamal who did so much for bangladesh cricket
Old July 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum_1
Last minute make shift tour arranged by Ireland (sod it). They know our boys had fitness issue plus ACSU/ICC on top of our head. They just wanted take advantage of the current situation. I am happy boys took some rest/marriage/honeymoon/babies etc.

Disappointed that DPL could not take place. But look at the bright side. Shane Jurgensen decided to stay in Bangladesh and skip the A tour so he can work constantly on our boys fitness and skills.

Does anyone remember last time our boys went through such training ?
Old July 16, 2013, 02:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Last minute make shift tour arranged by Ireland (sod it). They know our boys had fitness issue plus ACSU/ICC on top of our head. They just wanted take advantage of the current situation. I am happy boys took some rest/marriage/honeymoon/babies etc.

Disappointed that DPL could not take place. But look at the bright side. Shane Jurgensen decided to stay in Bangladesh and skip the A tour so he can work constantly on our boys fitness and skills.

Does anyone remember last time our boys went through such training ?
I guess.... Im agree with u.... Yap they needed some fresh air old time .... Among their self n with their family.... Also changing fitness isshu... I think its a good call not to tour ireland..... Perhaps, if was a aushi or ind.... Then should been go for it... Otherwise, take a cup of tea n think how should u play upcoming tournaments...pls dont dream impossible... Do something u can if u try?
Old July 15, 2013, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

let me complete the thread title for you "Lack of international cricket for Bangladesh is killing me "

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 15, 2013, 09:14 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Should have gone to Ireland. Competitive cricket would have done more for our boys than skills training. Now most of them are going to sit on their behinds for 4 months and gain "vuri"
Old July 16, 2013, 08:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

... is killing me (oops! Simon bro already said it)
... is p*ssing me off
... is unbearable
... sucks
... is encouraging me to follow other boring series like the Ashes!!!!
Old July 16, 2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

If I was BCB President:

No.1: Bangladesh A team tours with West Indies A, England Lions, Afghanistan and South Africa A team minimum each year. (Format: 3 ODI, 2 T20, 2 First Class) in total (12 ODI, 8 T20 and 8 First class match each year). ( include players like Shabbir, Naeem Islam Jnr, Abul Hasan)

No.2: Terminate franchise contract of Dhaka Gladiators and Others and try to entice new owners from abroad with actually financial value. (E.g. England, India, Sri Lanka)
Old July 17, 2013, 05:22 AM
Cricket Legend

to make things even worse, SLPL 2 is cancelled which means Nasir, Mushfiq, Riad, Razzak have nowhere to go to!
Old July 17, 2013, 06:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
to make things even worse, SLPL 2 is cancelled which means Nasir, Mushfiq, Riad, Razzak have nowhere to go to!
Which means they will be injury free/ excuse free for the kiwis.
Old July 17, 2013, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

I think bcb should learn something from bcci.they r sending india a to sa a after india's tour to zim.just 2 month before india's tour of sa.which include pujara,raina,rahane etc who r not good in forgien condition.india trying to make sure that their junior player get more chance to play practice match before indias sa tour so they can perform well.
---
so bcb shoul organise bd a tour to nz b4 bd's tour to nz

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old July 17, 2013, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

They will sit on their arses and do nothing..irish proposed a couple of odis and a 4 dayer..turned down..for what reason? Who knows..now do some more "skill training"...
Old July 17, 2013, 10:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Well <23 beat Rahim-Nirala gong in style, which is the only good out of it.
Old July 17, 2013, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Goes to show Bangladesh is nothing without Tamim and Shakib!
Old July 18, 2013, 08:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

ZIM are playing a FC match against Australia A. And we turn down Ireland.

ZIM take test cricket more seriously than our board. Thats why they beat us.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 18, 2013, 09:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

I m missing kamal here..... Atleast he made things happen... With power or money... Atleast he tried.... But papon, i dont see any hope.... Everything is looking niramish...
Old July 18, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

It goes to show Bangladesh underestimated Zim's pace attack in their last tour. Jarvis, Chatara, Chigumbura have just rolled through solid bats such as Maddinson, Finch, Doolan and Warner. Zim have improved in huge amounts. BCB should follow suit and request to vs England Lions, Ireland or South Africa A team since there is such a huge gap in their FTP. They need to be thinking outside the box and find other alternatives to give the BD boys as much exposure to international cricket as possible.
Old July 18, 2013, 09:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

no doubt BD underestimated zim's pace attack but other than warner who averages just over 45 in FC cricket the rest average under 40, with finch averaging under 30 so i wouldn't say that those bats are that great. although maddinson is only 21 so he could improve a lot, finch and doolan are 27/26 and although they have time to improve if they were going to be really strong bats they should have much better numbers by now (finch especially).
Old July 18, 2013, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if BD aren't playing against test nations they need to be playing either A teams or teams like ireland and netherlands. have a month of here and there to work on stuff if need be but the gap they've got atm is way to long.
Old July 19, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Maddinsons is a huge talent.