facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 26, 2008, 11:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rajin Saleh

have u ever heard the coaches from england and india to ireland and zimbabwe ever slate their teams publicly in such a manner? no, they may say similar stuff in the dressing rm but not to the media because the reprecussion are huge, think of the effect that siddons comments will have as regards to s.africa for teh next test. its not babysitting, just professionalism and being tactile, like i said u all agree with siddons purely because he is australian, therefore u automatically respect him and fear to question him even if its at the expense of ur own players integrity infront of world cricket.

Old February 26, 2008, 11:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If you are looking for that kind of coach don't look for Siddon, look for Mohsin Kamal type coach. He is a smooth talker, he will charm every body. But can he coach ? Who cares? Tooks like that is non issue to some folks. Baby sitting the national team players is the main jon. No?
Fazal, baby sitting and not saying negative things about players' capabilities aren't the same.....IMO FHossain has broght up a good point that as a coach of the team he shouldn't be saying things that can hurt players mentally which may have performance impact even though I don't agree to bash Siddons so strongly at such early stage of his involvement....but we shouldn't bash FHossain as well just for bringing up a good point.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Bad example.

Have you seen england and india loosing so many test matches in a row and so badly (most of them)? The condition of those teams are not as bleak as ours. So if the coach of those team say something like Siddon that will be a 'LIE' not the thruth. And there lies the difference,
Old February 26, 2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHossain
no, just be professional. do not discourage young players, instead, give them belief, encourage and certainly dont talk lke that in the media as hes representing our players, he has no intention for the best of BD cricket if he can talk like that. Zimbabwe and ireland are on similar levels to us, mayvbe a bit lower but their coach wouldnt talk like that cos its just not professional. u all agree with siddons purely because he is australian, therefore u automatically respect him and fear to question him even if its at the expense of ur own players integrity infront of world cricket.
Cool down. Siddons didnt call them "sh*t" anywhere. He's not demoralising them with tough words, or negative impressions yet. Not on the field as their coach or off it in front of the media. He's been very factual and almost taking a third person perspective from what I understood watching his interview today.

He criticised Ash and Aftab's dismissal of the first innings because they got out when they lost their temperament. On the other hand he thoroughly praised Rajib for listening to him, bowling the right line and length. He has admitted that he hasnt seen the U-19 members so he cant make a comment specifically about them being our immediate future, but he is impressed with the lot he's working with. He specifically stated that we arent the same league as S.A and Aus (which you have to concede). Therefore it will take time for our players to improve, and our "standard" to improve.

Please stop jumping to conclusions that "if he says 8 years, then we're basically sh*t and demoralising the team". He's the coach, he's interacting with them every day now, if he wants to demoralise them, he doesnt need to do it in front of the media. He has pretty neutrally said that our standard is still quite low, his observation, and pretty factual if you compare to most of the other Test playing teams.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:11 AM
Club Cricketer

also included was ireland and zimbabwe, read carefully, ur missing the point, if bangladesh play badly, siddions does need to have words with them, be harsh may be appropriate but NOT PUBLIC SLATING, the whole of the cricket world hears that, gives future competitors arrogance. so in other words, in support of siddions, u are agreeing that to beat test playing teams, we need miracles and wer are 8 whole yrs away from doing so. seriously? y arent u understanding this as a ridiculous speech given.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifk
Fazal, baby sitting and not saying negative things about players' capabilities aren't the same.....IMO FHossain has broght up a good point that as a coach of the team he shouldn't be saying things that can hurt players mentally which may have performance impact even though I don't agree to bash Siddons so strongly at such early stage of his involvement....but we shouldn't bash FHossain as well just for bringing up a good point.
I see nothing wrorng in Siddon's assessment. IF it hurts some player's feeling, he he/they shouldn't be in the national team. And may be thats the root cause of our players. who are too mentally fragile to accept the reality. Bay be thats why we see players unable to adjust to game situation. We pampered these players too much.

We are not bashing FHossain. We are discussing the topic here.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:15 AM

To all, I do think NTV will air a rerun of the Jamie Siddons face to face interview from this evening. I'd much appreciate it if someone could record it and youtube it.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
also included was ireland and zimbabwe, read carefully, ur missing the point, if bangladesh play badly, siddions does need to have words with them, be harsh may be appropriate but NOT PUBLIC SLATING, the whole of the cricket world hears that, gives future competitors arrogance. so in other words, in support of siddions, u are agreeing that to beat test playing teams, we need miracles and wer are 8 whole yrs away from doing so. seriously? y arent u understanding this as a ridiculous speech given.
Ya ... looks like the WHOLE world are not capable to follow score cards they need Siddon's remark to make up their own opinion about BD cricket. Wow Siddon is so powerfull and the 'WHOLE WORLD' is soo dumb, I didn't know that.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

To be honest, some of the stuff Siddon communicates through the media are quite bizarre and strange...I would like to give him the benefit of doubt though.

Perhaps, we need a few more series to get a better understanding of him.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
Club Cricketer

fazal, we can't improve by siddons slating the team like that, so what happens if bang win the next test? post 400, like bcb ix did, bowll sa for 250 like we can, post 200, set 350 and bowl them out for 300 and win. this is not fantasy or dream, this is fact, the 400 happened in the BCB warmup, the 250 all out we can do as proven in Mirpur, 200 in second innings we can post as we always do anyway and bowling them out under 300 is feasible aswell as we had them at 200 for 5 in Mirpur again. so therefore is tis a miracle or is it very much in reach, is this feb 29th 2008 or is it in 8 yrs time? read my message carefully and think before u respond
Old February 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
T_e, that's what I suspect too. But shouldn't it be someone else's job to manage fans' and medias' expectations? is he taking too much on himself that may have impacts to his real job of coaching?
From day one when it was announced Siddons will be coaching BD national team most of the fans and media knew he didn't have a magic wand and fix all the issues BD team had and win tests in regular interval. Yet, fans (including me) and media wants BD to win against strong teams right now. On the other hand, from day one Siddons is saying the same old thing, with this talent it willl take time. May be beyond his two years of contract. We are ready to grade him six months in to his job with the performance of the players. He has done an excellent job with Aftab, Shakib, Junaid, Tamim. That is your core. Now if he can fix Ash's mental lapses we will compete against others.

That is why he is so involved and determined to make men out of these boys. Media and fans expectation is standing in his way. He will fight that and tell it as it is.

Team improves gradually. Not over night. Great to see Shahadat's hard work paying off. Others need to follow him specially batsmen.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Because watching Siddons speak, I DEFINITELY did not get that impression of him. I found him to be thoroughly positive about our team.

Its your conclusions about Siddons, you're asking us to agree to, instead of judging for ourselves... thats really stretching it, isnt it?
Old February 26, 2008, 11:23 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
To be honest, some of the stuff Siddon communicates through the media are quite bizarre and strange...I would like to give him the benefit of doubt though.

Perhaps, we need a few more series to get a better understanding of him.
Could not agree more.

It's a bit early to pass a comment.

Team is showing signs of improvement. I don't mind these words if that results in better performance.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
fazal, we can't improve by siddons slating the team like that, so what happens if bang win the next test? post 400, like bcb ix did, bowll sa for 250 like we can, post 200, set 350 and bowl them out for 300 and win. this is not fantasy or dream, this is fact, the 400 happened in the BCB warmup, the 250 all out we can do as proven in Mirpur, 200 in second innings we can post as we always do anyway and bowling them out under 300 is feasible aswell as we had them at 200 for 5 in Mirpur again. so therefore is tis a miracle or is it very much in reach, is this feb 29th 2008 or is it in 8 yrs time? read my message carefully and think before u respond
FHossain;, may be you need to read his interview few more times and drink a glass of water before have these kind of knee jerk reaction.

As few said, its too early to judge Siddon's performance and contribution. He may not handled all the questions right in previous interviews, but I see no reason to baby sit our national players. If they cannot handle criticism, may be they are not mentally tough enough to play in the higest level. may be we need different group of players in future who will take us to the next level. There is no crying in TEST matches.

What next, our players will start crying and complain that it hurts their feeling when they are being sledged by opponent players ?
Old February 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Because watching Siddons speak, I DEFINITELY did not get that impression of him. I found him to be thoroughly positive about our team.

Its your conclusions about Siddons, you're asking us to agree to, instead of judging for ourselves... thats really stretching it, isnt it?
ditto.
Siddon is obviously more professional than any of us in BC
However, I would also like to see Rajin to replace Bashar and Pilot to replace Mushi. Thats my thought, but I am 100% with the coach as he is the one chosen to lead us for next two years. I am confident we will be a better team in the end
Old February 26, 2008, 11:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

I think he is a tough cookie. He is indeed IMO, making players mind to be stronger. He is letting his desire know that he wants to be with this core of players. He is right in sticking with the side and after repeated failures by any individual, he probably would eliminate them. His desire to be sticking with this core players is actually a boost mentally to the players. I really believe, soon we are going to see big scores consistently from a few individuals. I clearly saw some changes towards their approach in batting this time.

Quote:
my question still will be: what's the purpose of the statement? was he trying to help the players or to setup people's expecations? or just giving honest answers that you are suggesting...even if it's just for honesty, he still must be careful of any statement that may have possible negative impact of players' mind.....having said that i again still think we must not be too harsh on him with a thread like this at so early stage of his tenure
Old February 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
Club Cricketer

wat is your obsession with crying etc. If you agree with siddons then y do u want to watch or hear the 2nd test, cos according to siddons we need miracle and anything good in the test will be minimal until 8 years. Coach's job!!!! professional!!! encourage, nothing about bd players crying!!!! stop being so ignorent of the point i am raising!!!!!!
Old February 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat

well dont you think erm speaking the truth will motivate the players to prove him wrong by playing much better than they are doing right now? come on for the last years the coaches have said we will improve more as we play, but are we that is the real question. speaking reality might give an advantage into playing more sucessfully in test arena for the players. please correct me if im wrong.
Old February 26, 2008, 11:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I see nothing wrorng in Siddon's assessment. IF it hurts some player's feeling, he he/they shouldn't be in the national team. And may be thats the root cause of our players. who are too mentally fragile to accept the reality. Bay be thats why we see players unable to adjust to game situation. We pampered these players too much.

We are not bashing FHossain. We are discussing the topic here.
I don't agree with you there....coaches do and also need to pamper, yell and all sort of things to players based on need....but psycological impacts can never be under-estmated....great coaches always know how to motivate even at the toughest times....otherwise great coaches won't go and find videos of great moments and many other things prior to a game to motivate players and make them believe.... i have many reasons to believe that siddons is a great coach but i surely don't agree with such statement of him as i know it can hurt players believeing in their capabilities....but i will give the benefit of doubt to siddons this time especially since we have many impractical fans and not to mention of our media...
Old February 26, 2008, 11:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Just look, he is talking reality and in the same time he is defending players infront of the media and the world. He is going to bring wonders to our team. No doubt in my mind. Also, FHossain, you should be accustomed to our loss by now!
Old February 26, 2008, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
ditto.
Sorry can't agree with you on that. why is he more professional?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 26, 2008, 11:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhondoker
Just look, he is talking reality and in the same time he is defending players infront of the media and the world. He is going to bring wonders to our team. No doubt in my mind. Also, FHossain, you should be accustomed to our loss by now!
i agree very much, we cannot carry on with the same speeches by the coaches every single test therafter 'we will improve more and more' its just not going to happen being negative is better with the team .
Old February 26, 2008, 11:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

He should be, he is the one who is getting paid to be the professional coach for the team. None of us in BC are not paid to be professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
Old February 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Shomosha 1: the coach and captain says the same thing we will improve after every loss
Shomosha 2: the coach says we are bad and need miracle to win

Whats the shomadhan. Keo ki bolben jey coacher ki bola uchit? bhalo korbo boleo chillachilli, amra khara ai shotto shunbo na. May be Chillachilli kora ekta obhash...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 26, 2008, 12:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

3) Mash's recovery (coming back to form). When did he have a significance bowling performance in test last time? Didn't he say he needs to learn reverse swing from Malinga last time we toured SL? (need a miracle to get a Mash with fire under his belly) He psychologically knows before hand when we can and can not win a test. Way to go VC. His bowling action with arm tucked in does not help either. Where is his follow through swinging left arm? Injury happens for a reason.
Very well said Tiger's Eye!

Well Mashrafe did bowl well in the 2 test match series against New Zealand. He was trying to bowl with the speed of 131-133 kmph consistently in the second innings against South Africa which was not good enough.Why Mashrafe can't bowl with speed of 135-138 kmp with the new ball in his first spell ??? New ball will always have seam movement and Mashrafe should put more than 100% effort to bowl faster with good line and lenght in his first 5 overs. I saw him bowling consistently with speed of 135-140 kmp (85-88mph) recently against India. But he can't continue that performance in every match.

Last edited by arafath79; February 26, 2008 at 12:18 PM..