facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

As much as I hate ashraful..he's just being made the "Bolir patha" here. The board is trying to distract the media attention away from their mismanagement by publicly humiliating Ashraful. Ashraful is a bolod...no doubt...but he's far from being the main problem of Bangladehs cricket. I'm surprised Mash even agreed to accept the captaincy role...like Siddons said earlier this month...captaining Bangladesh is the hardest job in cricket.

Old June 19, 2009, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Guys, read what ranatunga Has to say about India's exit. A lot of it applies to us(except the IPL part.)
One shock loss doesn't call for as much unrest as we're showing. Ash's sacking was a long time coming, but a wholesale change is not what we need. The team is just jelling to gethar. Let's see what we can do in WI. But I'm afraid all this unrest and public shaming of both team and the board has lost the team it's momentum.
Old June 19, 2009, 04:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Everyone is doing wrong things. Sobar matha nosto hoia gese.

Personally I did not like the way Mr. Lipu and Mr. Jalal outburst yesterday and played the blaming game. Specially the "rehabilitation" part about Ashraful. Whatever the "fool" or anything ASH may be, but you cannot comment like this to the current Bangladesh captain, specially as a board representative to the media. He is the Captain of the team!! Just think what his situation would be infront of other young players of the team?

Lipu did bad there. This is not the first time this kind of behaviour came from the board. Rafique has been complaining throuhout his career on the issue that BCB does not show proper respect to the national players.

I also agree that, BCB should have let ASH know first about he being sacked before letting media know.

About the protest, If ASH staged the politics and convinced the players for protest, then it also bad from ASH for trying to do some politics to save himself. ASH could himself come to the media and asnwer what Lipu said, that would be better. But if other players themselves did not like what Lipu was doing, then what to do. But yes, players has every right to get dissapointed when the senior most player is humilitiated in front of media with the word "rehabilitation".
Old June 19, 2009, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

At the end, what is happening is just not good for us. No one will be thinking cricket before the WI tour now. MASH has some task in his hand!!

Our board can't handle these young bunch of players? Reflects, how poor our board's operations committee is.

Today, Rafique commented in Prothom-Alo that, board could have restrict the contracted players from joining the ICL if proper steps were taken during that time. Of course, this is true. Damage is already done and time to go more backward.
Old June 19, 2009, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

I think we lost Ashraful for good, he is not performing, seems like he is not good enough, we just can't wait for Eid twice a year. with him Eid comes once a year.
Old June 19, 2009, 05:59 AM

I urge PM to sack all BCB officials, team management, selectors, coach and captain ASAP.
Old June 19, 2009, 06:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I urge PM to sack all BCB officials, team management, selectors, coach and captain ASAP.
another reason why bd fails at everything- mix politics into where it dosnt belong.

but wat the heck..not like we have a transparent democratic uncorrupt system anyway. so blahh. do wateva u want.
Old June 19, 2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf-stah
another reason why bd fails at everything- mix politics into where it dosnt belong.
So Lipu stays and so does Ash and others as well! Ok, have fun then...!!

Its not about politics, all about firing...!!!
Old June 19, 2009, 06:51 AM
Street Cricketer

BDFlag £6000 takeaway for tigers

dear tiger fans... did you know bangladesh cricket stars are famous in uk newspapers.
famous for ordering a £6000 takeaway from a famous restaurant to be delivered by helicopter to there hotel. this restaurant is 180 miles away from team hotel and the food was delivered piping hot in a chartered helicopter used by rock stars in uk on the eve of a T20 match. The players and officials did not want the food from the hundreds of nearby takeaways in notiingham but had to get it flown in from the world famous takeaway whose food they enjoyed at beijing olympics. Do our brothers in cyclone alia affected bangladesh who can not afford to eat one proper meal a day realise that our super star cricketers are thinking of them when they are eating the food of rockstars.
In any other country there would be riots on the streets but in bangladesh nothing....
how dare these people who have failed the country and its fans waste all that money on there luxurious lifestyle. who authorised this payment... sack him and make the players pay the money back to the flood victims of our poor country... Ashraful+co shame on you all......shame .

Last edited by sylhetiuk; June 19, 2009 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: politeness
Old June 19, 2009, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
how about Mushy carry stumps, ash carry mushy and tamim carry Ash. ?
that bounds to work out!!!
Old June 19, 2009, 08:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkandi4
In the U.S. college campuses, football and basketball coaches often come up with creative penalty and incentives schemes to motivate players. When a star football player in an important game couldn’t catch a pass (American football) at the Univ. of Alabama, the player was told to carry a football all the time for a week. This was announced in the newspaper. The player went to class, cafeteria, etc. and all the students knew why he was carrying a football. When a basketball player was late for a trip at the Univ. of Florida, he had to carry a basketball all the time for 2 weeks. How about similar punishment for our players? Here are my suggestions:

If a batsman fails to get reasonable runs in a series, does not follow team rule, and makes the same mistake multiple times, order him to carry a red bat wherever he goes. If a WK performs poorly, a player misses an easy run out or an easy catch, he should be required to carry 1 red wicket wherever he goes. If a bowler performs poorly, make him carry a box full of balls all the time. The coach would decide who will be punished and the length of the punishment. BCB would announce the punishment in the newspaper and this forum.

Start with Ash and Mushi. Let Ash carry a bat and Mushi carry a wicket for a week.
professional and ameture. You can treat ametures like that. For professionals only thing hurts is Money. Performance based salary (after a certain base salary), players will be motivated. Continue for two years before the understand what professionalism is. Yes, that may make A team players have higher salaries so be it (After the penalty imposed).
Old June 19, 2009, 09:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylhetiuk
dear tiger fans... did you know bangladesh cricket stars are famous in uk newspapers.
famous for ordering a £6000 takeaway from a famous restaurant to be delivered by helicopter to there hotel. this restaurant is 180 miles away from team hotel and the food was delivered piping hot in a chartered helicopter used by rock stars in uk on the eve of a T20 match. The players and officials did not want the food from the hundreds of nearby takeaways in notiingham but had to get it flown in from the world famous takeaway whose food they enjoyed at beijing olympics. Do our brothers in cyclone alia affected bangladesh who can not afford to eat one proper meal a day realise that our super star cricketers are thinking of them when they are eating the food of rockstars.
In any other country there would be riots on the streets but in bangladesh nothing....
how dare these b******ds who have failed the country and its fans waste all that money on there luxurious lifestyle. who authorised this payment... sack him and make the players pay the money back to the flood victims of our poor country... Ashraful+co shame on you all......shame .
Uncalled for language. edit it now.

Lipu and other board officials was there. This is their dig. Don't blame the players for this. Admins are very much involved. You know who authorized it.
Old June 19, 2009, 09:32 AM
Cricket Sage

[Now I get it.

So all these fuss about performance issue and rehab and fight backs are all coming from that famous £6000 curry debacle. Lipu's favorite piece is drumstick. When they delivered the food, Ash, Skaib, Sidon and Bagh Mama were quick and was in front of the line. They grabbed all the drumsticks leaving Lipu with only the sorua with some leftover bonny pieces and kolija.

That made Lipu really mad, thinking, "shalara... Ami hoilam BCB's matha ar amar jonno kono curry raklo na.... ok .... ostader mair shesh ratey, Amio dekai demu koto dhaney koto chal."

Food Served like this...

After Ash, Sakib, Siddon and Bagh Mama are crossed the buffet table...

Lipu's reaction at that time (captured in a napkin by a Reporter) ....

Old June 19, 2009, 09:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Will be watching the next 72 hours very closely.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 19, 2009, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

khelte pare na thik moto.....abar golar jor dekhaye....ei shob player gula desh o jatir jonno bipodjonok.....eder ke chine rakhun...vobisshot er jonno shotorko hoye jan !
Old June 19, 2009, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I'm with Ash. Whatever Lipu said to the press even if those are facts (not all to me) it was an unprofessional approach by him. I don't like him. He is more of a politician then a cricket administrator.

This is AL time and he has good connections...
Old June 19, 2009, 12:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkandi4
In the U.S. college campuses, football and basketball coaches often come up with creative penalty and incentives schemes to motivate players. When a star football player in an important game couldn’t catch a pass (American football) at the Univ. of Alabama, the player was told to carry a football all the time for a week. This was announced in the newspaper. The player went to class, cafeteria, etc. and all the students knew why he was carrying a football. When a basketball player was late for a trip at the Univ. of Florida, he had to carry a basketball all the time for 2 weeks. How about similar punishment for our players? Here are my suggestions:

If a batsman fails to get reasonable runs in a series, does not follow team rule, and makes the same mistake multiple times, order him to carry a red bat wherever he goes. If a WK performs poorly, a player misses an easy run out or an easy catch, he should be required to carry 1 red wicket wherever he goes. If a bowler performs poorly, make him carry a box full of balls all the time. The coach would decide who will be punished and the length of the punishment. BCB would announce the punishment in the newspaper and this forum.

Start with Ash and Mushi. Let Ash carry a bat and Mushi carry a wicket for a week.

comeon, you are talking about professional players here....so what our players are young and college bound age, they are professionals...if any get any punishment, should be kept in private and not to demoralize any player who are professional players.
Old June 19, 2009, 01:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Lipu Kepse.....

Khobor Ase Ashraful-er...

Quote:
"There is nothing that prevents me from speaking my mind. And you are compelled to say something when even after such a shoddy performance a captain can come in and say that he is comfortable with his performance and happy with his team's showing.
Shobai Shabdhan!!!! Onno player-ra Ashraful-er side neeley tader-o khobor Asey...
Quote:
As regards the players reported displeasure at his comments, Ashraf pointed out that the BCB would come down strongly if the purported incidents were true.
Ashraful-er dour hoilo gramer chaiman porjonto, ar Lipur dor hoiloo desher Prime Minister-er office porjonto. People who are hoping for a good fight will be dissapointed, it will be first round knockout. As long as this current government is here and he doesn't lose next BCB election, Lipu is here for good.

Ash made the mistake of his lifetime by fighting back against Lipu, mis-juding his own capability and Lipur strength in city politics. Dhaka shohorey city politics-er against-e village politics shubidha kortey parbey na.

Ash had some well wisher within BCB and Cricket areana. However he burnt the bridges one after another without realizing that he is one man standing ALONE against all odds.

This will be the end of our village Idiot's career atleast for next few years.
Old June 19, 2009, 01:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
[Now I get it.

So all these fuss about performance issue and rehab and fight backs are all coming from that famous £6000 curry debacle. Lipu's favorite piece is drumstick. When they delivered the food, Ash, Skaib, Sidon and Bagh Mama were quick and was in front of the line. They grabbed all the drumsticks leaving Lipu with only the sorua with some leftover bonny pieces and kolija.

That made Lipu really mad, thinking, "shalara... Ami hoilam BCB's matha ar amar jonno kono curry raklo na.... ok .... ostader mair shesh ratey, Amio dekai demu koto dhaney koto chal."

Food Served like this...

After Ash, Sakib, Siddon and Bagh Mama are crossed the buffet table...

Lipu's reaction at that time (captured in a napkin by a Reporter) ....

haha this is well funny!
Old June 19, 2009, 01:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

With this sort of approach by involving the media rather than communicating between themselves its made a mockery of sport in bd (if there ever was any professionalism to begin with).
Old June 19, 2009, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Wow lots of information in newAgeBD news.

Quote:
The Bangladesh Cricket Board is waiting for its high-ups to return from England before going for fact finding on the World Twenty20 debacle and deciding the future course of action, said the BCB officials.
The board has received numerous complaints from various sources over the behaviour of some players and members of the team management and the situation only worsened when some players threatened to boycott the training session on Thursday.
Khepaisey Lipu-rey.... now "kecho khurtey Shaap Ber hobey".

Quote:
Vice-president Ahmed Sazzadul Alam, the top most official now available at home, will talk to the players, but sources said it will not give them any guarantee of avoiding disciplinary breaches they made in England.
Not only Ash, some other trouble makers will also be identified and punished.

Quote:
Officials said some of the complaints they have received over the behaviour of the players were of very serious nature and can hardly be expected from an international side. While the Bangladeshi cricketers are hardly a nocturnal bird, the BCB officials were shocked to learn about their epicurean tastes.
Hmmm.... interesting

Quote:
They were so desperate to have Bangladeshi food that some of them stayed out of their hotel beyond the permissible time. They also did not hesitate to ask the local Bangladeshis to supply them with rice and curry hours before playing a match.
Thats why McInnes Said (or is it the other Australian u-19 coach?) No Daal Bhat for our players... only ruti ar Gosto for them.

Quote:
The BCB officials said they will also investigate the report of ordering curry worth a whopping 6,000 pounds which was flown into their hotel from a posh Indian restaurant by a helicopter.
Atlast curry issue is comming to BCB's attention. That means Sakib will be grilled.

Quote:
Some players were seen puffing cigarettes openly at the hotel lobby while a few were late in catching the team bus, something which also caught the eye of coach Jamie Siddons. The BCB officials also came to know that the fellow-feeling was clearly missing among the players and they loved stay on their own.
late in bus...lack of fellow-feeling and team work is the symtom of a disfunctional team.

Quote:
The personality of manager Shafiqul Haque, fielding coach Mohammad Salahuddin were also questioned by many. Haque, a former national captain, is accused of behaving lightly while Salahuddin hardly commanded any respect from his charges.
It was well known that Hira is not a good selection as Manager. Then why was he selected again? BCB themselves need to answer that.

Quote:
He was so friendly with the players that some of them started calling him as Sallu, something which one can expect only from a close pal. Some players were seen scolding him publicly for throwing a ball in the wrong direction.
Ha Ha Ha .... Sallu. I gues they also called "Hiru" to Heera and Sudu to Siddon, Ashu to Ashraful and Mashi to Mashrafee.

Quote:
The BCB will also look into what went wrong with coach Jamie Siddons, who criticised the players for not listening to him and he clearly lacked motivating capacity. If it is proved correct, Siddons is unlikely to tour West Indies, said the officials.
Siddon lost the control of the team for a while, I don;t know why its a surprise to BCB now.

Quote:
Siraj went to England before the tournament started but has yet to return for reasons unknown to his colleagues.

‘It’s the responsibility of his committee, but we are not sure why he is still there. As far as we know he has no function in the ICC meetings, so he should have returned by this time and get the things settled,’ commented a BCB official.
Looks like Siraj palaysee... applied for political asylem .... aaar firey asbey na.

May be we exited the WC T20 too early, but for us, the real game is about to start.

So Ladies and Gents Fasten your bealt for a roller coaster ride !!!!!
Old June 19, 2009, 02:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Wow after a period of boredom with hardly any action so much is happening now for all the wrong reasons. This is exciting but not in the usual way.
Old June 19, 2009, 02:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

If Tigers would have just scraped it to next round. Would we have known all this allegations and complaints.

Players smoking come on. When I went to watch them in one of the practice match, another fan who went there told me he just saw one of the core player puffing cigarettes. I was surprised but did not mention it here since I did not witness it.

I dont blame Jamie Siddons. Probelm is some where else. If you cant control those boys how can you teach them.
Old June 19, 2009, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Atlast curry issue is comming to BCB's attention. That means Sakib will be grilled.
I doubt it.BCB will try to earn public sympathy. As Shakib is the most popular player among the players, they will be bound to skip the issue.
Old June 19, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I'm hoping all this public airing will be a blessing in disguise.

All of the allegations are symptoms of a team with no discipline, leadership and character.

If I were Ash's advisor (thank God I'm not) my advise would be to simply stick to the following after the loss:

"We disappointed our fans and performed well below expectations. We as a team did not perform and as the captain I take full responsibility especially since my performance has not been anywhere near of what I am capable of. Luckily we have a tour of the West Indies not too far away and we need to settle down, erase the T20 memories and focus on attaining some results in the Carribean that will justify our potentials and prove that we have improved significantly in the recent months.

As for the coach's comments, I need to speak to him one on one to understand where they are coming from and make things right as our cricket can not afford to have a split camp."