facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 4, 2017, 09:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Its probably been long overdue now, and since wiser heads than me have fled years in advance, its probably time I take my posting to greener pastures. I'll still browse the site, but its obvious my posting no longer fits the narrative here. No hard feelings, peace out.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 4, 2017, 09:43 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ No hard feelings either Asad. I deleted my earlier post.

Your disrespect towards other forum members were getting very annoying. I think it's a good idea if you take a break, and come back some time later to remember why you liked to spend so much time here to begin with.
Old October 4, 2017, 10:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen

Your disrespect towards other forum members were getting very annoying. I think it's a good idea if you take a break, and come back some time later to remember why you liked to spend so much time here to begin with.
You're alright, Eshen.

I wanted to "retire" from the forum about 2 years ago, and actually did so for the most part. The forum changed. When I first came here, in 2004, Bangladesh were a pathetic side. If you listen to many of the present day forumites rants on Mushy's captaincy, Taskin's bowling, Shakib's recklessness, yada yada yada one would find it hard to believe we're not that same side still, ranked well behind Kenya.

If you look throughout the forum, very few of the old heads are still here. Forums outlive their usefulness. Or maybe its just life and other demands. Most of the old guys now have families and kids, so its understandable. But then again, they have stopped posting completely. I know them on facebook, and they are still following and in many cases watching every ball live to this day, yet they stopped posting.

This forum was a means of coping for BD fans in the days when we truly did suck. Kids these days complain about Mushfiq's captaincy...back then we had HaBa. People complain about Shakib's impulses...back then we had Ash and Aftab. People complain about Taskin...back then we had Md Sharif and Dollar Mahmud.

Frankly, we don't need the group therapy of BC anymore. If the team loses a game, we know we can win the next one, or at worst the one after that. In 2004, you didn't know if the next win would come, forget about when.

Times change, people change. Forums change.

I'm sure I will still browse, but I really don't see the point of posting. Maybe I'm growing too old to keep beefing with everyone (there was a time when I relished that...I am probably BC's most banned member).

I'm sure culture plays a role as well. Apart from cricman and Rommel who never posts here anymore, I'm one of the very few guys who was actually born in the US. I didn't just immigrate to America to take a white man's job, I am America. At least I was till last year haha.

This forum did give me amazing times. I learned a lot about the game from here. But its probably time to move on.

I might still post if I really really feel the urge, but I think its safe to say this chapter ends here. Perhaps like an Asian cricketer's career, the end probably came a few years later in it should have.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 4, 2017, 10:20 PM
Cricket Sage

PS I may still troll some truly special people via PM.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 4, 2017, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ That's a good perspective there Asad. Yes, this is no more a fan forum for a minnow team. We now expect the Tigers to perform in par with Pakistan or Sri Lanka, or do even better. Bangladesh team came a long way, so have the fans. They have all the reasons to have much higher expectations from the current team than how it used to be 10-12 years ago.
Old October 4, 2017, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Yeah so no hard feelings for the real BD fans here. We all have players we like for whatever reason but at the end of the day we are all Bangladesh fans and thats probably more important. Team bigger than any individual player, although if the team were full of players I don't like, I'd stop caring.

Of course none of that applies to the trolls. And yes, I've done my fair share of trolling. I guess it takes a certain personality flaw to engage in that type of behavior. Anyways my trolling days are through here...the show will move on to other forums, lol.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 4, 2017, 11:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

best wishes
Old October 4, 2017, 11:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Don't like that Saif is in the squad. He should be preparing for Under-19 world cup with his fellow teammates.

It's gonna be in New Zealand. That's a challenge all by itself.
Old October 4, 2017, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

All the best al furqaan
Old October 5, 2017, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Sangakkara(Al Furqaan) has retired, and left Sri Lanka(BC) in a rebuilding phase. Good luck with your life.

No hard feelings for the previous post.
Old October 5, 2017, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Wow. One of the heavyweights of BC, AF, has retired. One dramatic discussion and he's quit BC.

He was a great statistician. The forum is worse off without him.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:

Your disrespect towards other forum members were getting very annoying.
damn it! I missed all the fun... I wanna see those posts.

Getting Eshen to rile up in this forum is an achievement in itself. He is so emotionless and very much to the point.

I am waiting for the day when some of our mods will retire... they never retire. Night wolf when you retiring? And take that magician with you also bro.

btw: al furqan i hope to see your posts more often.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Getting Eshen to rile up in this forum is an achievement in itself. He is so emotionless and very much to the point.

I am waiting for the day when some of our mods will retire... they never retire. Night wolf when you retiring? And take that magician with you also bro.

Nightwolf is batman, he will still monitor the forum , even if he is dead.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:47 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

you are older than me bruh, elders first.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Man only desis could take a thread about a random A tour and turn it into a completely unrelated debate between two bowlers not even in the tour, get personal and then end with one of the oldest mebers posting deeply personal messages and retiring followed by 10 goodbye posts as if nothing happened.....
Old October 5, 2017, 03:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Is it a goodbye thread or taskin thread.... o wait a minute it was supposed be "Ireland A Tour" thread.
Old October 5, 2017, 03:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

I think the A stands for al
Old October 5, 2017, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru

It's all the drama that make BC so special
Old October 5, 2017, 03:35 PM
Cricket Sage

So, is Taskin playing for Team A?
Old October 5, 2017, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
I think the A stands for al
Quote:
It's all the drama that make BC so special
BC is for Bangla Cinema from the 70s B&W era...

Cox's Bazzar beach...Sun set...Heroine (Al furqaan) dancing wearing very beautiful sari and blouse...Hero (Eshen) dancing wearing a big bob Babri chul (fair) wig....and randomly pulling on the heroine's sari's achol...

All of a sudden the sky is black...scene changed...big Kal-Baishakhi (BD Cyclone) jhor (storm) appears...Al Furqaan's sari is all wet, slightly torn...Eshen drowned in the massive, wild, out of control stormy Bay of Bengal...

Heroine crying and running up and down the beach, like a nangta pagol...Sari/peticoat/blouse are still wet....wet hair...looks very pretty...camera focus close-up...
Eshen's loose wet Lungi floating in the sea...washed up on the shore, No Eshen inside the Lungi...Pura Baaney bhaisha gesey...and Naika (heroine) screams...and Bangla Cinema style 30 minutes crying and starts another song...no dancing this time...No Shishu Park-e Dolna chora-chori Haat dhora dhori...Heroine (AF) cries and sings (Lalon song + Bairagi song...no make-up this time...chokher nichey kaali...bags under eyes) and leaves the village because Eshen, her man is dead...or churi koira bhaiga gesey - gone to Dubai on a Bangkok smuggler boat...

Scene changes...RaatDiin shows up as a villain with Ganja challis/kolkey (bong) in one hand and pistol in another(bokhatey cheley/Mastaan) and chases Al-furqaan in salwar Kamiz in a dark alley in Old Dhaka (in front of Hussaini Dalan)...background laughter..."Hahahahahah"..."Palebey Kuthai Shundori (Where are going to hide? Little girl?)"...And Al Furqaan screams "Aaaiieeeeee, Baachaiuuu Baachaauu..Ke kuthai achu...Saitan, tui amakey chherey dey" translation: (Helpo, helpo, Ai papi Ai...Gringo Conquistador takin me chastity on a horse back in the desert) ....

Night-wolf (Shot Daroga/Honest(!) Policeman) runs after Gunda Raat-diin...Naika/Heroine/Alf puts his head on idump's shoulder and and gently cries...idump gently comforts Alf...idump muchki muchki haashi...

Load shedding...power outage in the middle of the film...Public raises hell...

BK walks out of Bolaka Theater...buy 1 taka china-badaam + 50 paisa Batashaa and Walks to New Market.

FIN
Old October 5, 2017, 06:21 PM
Cricket Legend

This is turning out to be a episode from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Minus the revealing clothes that is.
Old October 5, 2017, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Man only desis could take a thread about a random A tour and turn it into a completely unrelated debate between two bowlers not even in the tour, get personal and then end with one of the oldest mebers posting deeply personal messages and retiring followed by 10 goodbye posts as if nothing happened.....
LOL,
Old October 5, 2017, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Yeah I don't understand the follow up posts like "best wishes " .... I hope all furqan can find time and engage with us time to time . I don't believe in retirement ... I hope he is not serious

If you wanna retire....read my financial thread in forget cricket ... retire in style ... not like this ...

It's like a girl middle of having sex goes oh well I think I am gonna break up with you RIGHT now .. b### wait till we done yo
Old October 6, 2017, 12:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Yeah I don't understand the follow up posts like "best wishes " .... I hope all furqan can find time and engage with us time to time . I don't believe in retirement ... I hope he is not serious

If you wanna retire....read my financial thread in forget cricket ... retire in style ... not like this ...

It's like a girl middle of having sex goes oh well I think I am gonna break up with you RIGHT now .. b### wait till we done yo
I stand corrected on my comment yesterday on forget cricket

anyways, I think Alfie should be back after Taskin surprises all of us and takes a 8 wicket haul only to come back and say #IToldYouSo
Old October 9, 2017, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Saif out of the series, broke his nose during fielding practice.

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/10/sa...land-a-series/