facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 21, 2003, 04:23 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default Atapattu faces cash inquiry

The Sri Lankan cricket board has asked police to investigate after £6,500 in cash was found in a hotel room occupied by batsman Marvan Atapattu.
The money was found by hotel staff after the Sri Lanka team checked out following the second Test against England in Kandy last week.

"That money doesn't belong to me," said 33-year-old Atapattu.

"I don't carry such huge amounts of money while playing. I don't know to whom the money belongs."

He added: "Other people have stayed in that room before me and after I left the hotel," added Atapattu, who is the captain of the one-day side."

The money was reportedly discovered by a cleaner, who informed hotel management and the matter.

Sri Lankan cricketer Marvan Atapattu addresses the media as team manager Ajit Jayasekara (C) looks on before the start of fourth day play of the third Test against England in Colombo, December 21, 2003. REUTERS/Anuruddha Lokuhapuarachchi

Details