facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2012, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default **** The Jahirul Islam (Omi) Thread ****

I didn't rate you that high in ODIs... And I may still need some time to see how you make up for the shortcomings you have in ODIs.

But a huge congratulation on your first ever ODI 50 and for playing that knock when we needed the most. Well done and hope to see you getting set in both ODI and Test Teams of Bangladesh. Make your presence in the team count....

Best wishes for your future....

Last edited by BANFAN; March 16, 2012 at 04:47 PM..

Old March 16, 2012, 01:53 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

If he can get rid of his brain farts, he can be a decent number 3 batsman in both format and can give us the perfect batsman we r looking for number 3.

Pros:
-Fast runner between the wk
-Great fielder
-Back up keeper (if needed)
- Good solid technique
-Can hit the ball hard
-And CAN ROTATE

Cons:
-Lack of Experience in List A games?
-Brian farts

overall, we need to give him 10+ match at least.

i liked him since the day i saw him
Old March 16, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Jahurul Islam scored 53 and shared a steady 113-run partnership with Tamim
Jahurul Islam 53 /90balls 68min 4 fours 1 six 77.94SR
Old March 16, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

he is a busy cricketer who looks for singles,the other day he was too aggressive, good to see he learnt from it and tried to stay in the middle & get a very impo fifty.

Looking forward to see more of him.
BCB should give him a long run in ODIs .
Old March 16, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

He was looking for quick singles which Tamim wasn't ready for. I can see these 2 getting into all sorts of mess in the future. (lol that's why JS is a better partner for Tamim, they are both horrible runners)

Needs to work on his balance and cut out those cross bat shots. If you are gonna pull, make it look like a pull, not a cross bat shot.

Lastly, over the top celebration for a 50. I knew he was too satisfied. But it was his first and well earned. As long as he converts from here on, I'll be happy.
Old March 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

He has outclassed all bangladeshi Batsmen that has been battling at NO 3 position. He is the best we have at this position. Let him continue the work. Great Knock today.

Last edited by kalpurush; March 17, 2012 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: Please do not use all bold!
Old March 16, 2012, 02:11 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i think its J not Z...mods plz fix this if i am right
Old March 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

We may have found our No. 3 batsman. Well done Jahurul!
Old March 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I always wanted him to be at 3 and as a regular member, at last selectors heard it, I am happy Jahirul proved it right and now be consistent.
Old March 16, 2012, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
He has outclassed all bangladeshi Batsmen that has been battling at NO 3 position. He is the best we have at this position. Let him continue the work. Great Knock today.
Atlast someone worthy of holding that place. Imagine if we had ROCK in the team, that would have been 20 from 60 balls instead 50 of 60!! Thankyou JI for trying to make the spot your own ... carry on

Last edited by kalpurush; March 17, 2012 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: Edited quote as it was all bold!
Old March 16, 2012, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

It looks like the #3 problem is solved.. but we will see... it's just one match.. he have to do that more consistantly... Good one Jahurul
Old March 16, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

He's definitely been impressive. He was impressive at 1st as well but then his form really dipped and couldn't buy runs in the A team. I thought it was a very good decision to drop him from the team so that he wouldn't continue after being off form which could've destroyed his confidence and then have him back after a great season in the DPL.

He has a really solid technique and temperament which you need to have if you want to be successful in international cricket. Also he's got an aggressive mindset. He constantly looks for singles and hits a lot of boundaries. His next step is to be more consistent so that he can block others from getting the #3 spot and make it his own. I'm hoping he can continue the good work because it's been a spot we've had a lot of problems with.
Old March 16, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I have backed him from day 1. When he gets going he looks unbeatable but his problem is that after he gets a start he starts to get edgy and restless. If he can sort out this mental aspect of his game, he has a good career ahead of himself. For now he has earned an uninterrupted run at number 3 till the end of the next series we play, whoever that may be against.
Old March 16, 2012, 06:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
He's definitely been impressive. He was impressive at 1st as well but then his form really dipped and couldn't buy runs in the A team. I thought it was a very good decision to drop him from the team so that he wouldn't continue after being off form which could've destroyed his confidence and then have him back after a great season in the DPL.

He has a really solid technique and temperament which you need to have if you want to be successful in international cricket. Also he's got an aggressive mindset. He constantly looks for singles and hits a lot of boundaries. His next step is to be more consistent so that he can block others from getting the #3 spot and make it his own. I'm hoping he can continue the good work because it's been a spot we've had a lot of problems with.
He was actually dropped BEFORE losing his form after a decent tour of UK. At the end of the UK tour he was benched the whole NZ series, and then he was out of the squad. That really messed him up.

I've been rooting for him to open with Tamim over Imrul ever since he scored that 170 in a WU game. But I guess he can bat at 3 as well. And he doesn't really have a solid technique at all imo. He mostly plays on the leg side. He doesn't have a good balance.
Old March 16, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cricket Legend

He is only player doesn’t make me feel nervous when he comes to bat, compare to other batsman feels like they can get out anytime any short.

His tour in England was impressive.
Old March 16, 2012, 07:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I wont be praising him too much and something that he doesnt deserve yet since its too early to call. From what I like most about him coming at no 3 is that he is a busy cricketer as someone above mentioned. He comes in and almost wastes no time rotating the strike. Infact sometimes goes over board running for a single when its not there for the taking. But thats a trait we have been missing in our top order. Not until shakib arrives that the team gets someone who can rotate at will. I think he is a good change at no 3. He is my gear switcher guy who would walk in almost after powerplay to remind them that guys this is the time we rotate going into middle overs. Either he will score or he will get out. He wont be hanging around in the middle if he is not delivering/rotating the strike. He is a pleasant breath of fresh air coming from Nafees or Junaid.

I really wished he hadnt done that BPL incident, guy almost lost all respect from me.
Old March 16, 2012, 07:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
He was actually dropped BEFORE losing his form after a decent tour of UK. At the end of the UK tour he was benched the whole NZ series, and then he was out of the squad. That really messed him up.

I've been rooting for him to open with Tamim over Imrul ever since he scored that 170 in a WU game. But I guess he can bat at 3 as well. And he doesn't really have a solid technique at all imo. He mostly plays on the leg side. He doesn't have a good balance.
I think there are definitely some things Jahurul will have to work on before he can become a good batsman at this level but a good start for him. I'm sure he'll learn with experience and training in the national team on a consistent basis from now on.
Old March 16, 2012, 08:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

its "Jahurul".. is it not?
Old March 16, 2012, 08:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

He's a busy player but needs to calm down a bit.
Old March 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

hope to see more consistent performances from him
Old March 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
Test Cricketer

He is our unsung hero. He's cemented the crucial partnership with Tamim and gave us foundation to launch.
Old March 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

He did well against Pakistan and very well against India. As already explained busy cricketer who doesnt like to get bogged down. Takes the singles, hits when the ball is there to be hit. Also showing consistency. But in both cases he threw away his wicket while trying to accelerate. Tamim has to take a little blame here. Both cases Tamim was playing so slow, Jahurul had to take chances.
Old March 16, 2012, 11:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

He is compact and apart from the regular brain farts , I dont see a reason why Jahurul cannot be our long term solution for the number 3 spot. Just needs more exposure and some good coaching . The talent is clearly visible . Just a bit more polishing required.
Old March 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

the odi batting line up looks impressive solid and reliable now that jahirul is performing at no 3.

can we find a better replacement of Mahmudullah now ?
Old March 17, 2012, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
its "Jahurul".. is it not?
Yes it is.