facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 12, 2005, 01:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Default do you think china will ever catch upto US as superpower?

wat do u thinK?

Old October 12, 2005, 06:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

i just hope dat doesn't eva happen even india must b as it is!
coz the term superpower would lead 2 more violence nuthin more,since ther is increasing tension between US n china!
i hope u ppl dont take me wrong i dint mean dat US must rule but wot i mean is dat it eventually wud lead 2 arms race which alredy xists!
Old October 12, 2005, 08:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Economically, they are already on the heels of US. Financially, it will only take japan and Middleeast to invest there rather than in US.
Millitary, Naah. They are not even close. But if they lead in the other two categories, they would not need it.
Old October 13, 2005, 12:31 AM
Test Cricketer

i am guessing that in another 30 years or less we are going to see another cold war....

but i hope that day will never come when they become superpower.....and influence world affairs...

one superpower is bad enough.......

even though i dont like US and their foreign policy, i would rather be influcenced by them any day than china...
Old October 14, 2005, 08:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

hey tiger man i hope dat happens!!
USA,Russia n china r the chickens of same breed!
howeva i like russia da most (in terms of its poilicies n the way they fight terrorists in chechnya)
howeva wot USA has done in da past 5 years or so has let all americans down(i just hope they r down)
well no 1 can change wot china is doin n wot usa is tryin 2 achieve!
Old October 15, 2005, 12:48 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think it has the potential to become a great power but I don't know to what extent because I doubt it will ever be able to match US's military capability. But does superpower really have to be defined by military power?

Economically China is flourishing rapidly. It may not be a world superpower but definitely has the potential to become one in South Asia, which I think is quite necessary because China and Bangladesh have had very close relation since 1975, so it will be beneficial for our own development and security.

Read this:

China and Bangladesh also have a 'Defence Co-operation Agreement' .

Bangladesh-China Defence Co-operation Agreement: The Defence Co-operation Agreement was signed between Bangladesh and China during the visit of Bangladesh Prime Minister, Begum Khaleda Zia ‘s visit to China from December 23 to 27, 2002.

Some observations/statements emanating from Bangladesh officials and media sources explaining the Defence Cooperation Agreement are as follows:

* The purpose of Defence Cooperation Agreement signed with China is to meet present day need of Bangladesh’s defence forces.

* This new agreement was signed to help institutionalize the existing accords in defence sector and also to rationalize the existing piecemeal agreements to enhance cooperation in training, maintenance and some areas in production.

* Bangladesh Foreign Minister, responding to questions, emphasized the following:

-Bangladesh wanted time-befitting armed forces for the country. China will cooperate with Bangladesh for this purpose.

- “Intention is there to cooperate in defence sector; now the two sides w ill co-operate with each other”

-“This defence umbrella agreement is not directed against any country and would not affect Bangladesh’s relations with India”

Source: Link

Having said that, China too has much to gain from Bangladesh..... read this interesting article: "China's march on South Asia"

Edited on, October 15, 2005, 5:51 AM GMT, by Hatebreed.
Old October 15, 2005, 03:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Historically, arrogance and over-reaching have ushered in the downfall of major powers. I am beginning to see signs of just that in United States' actions. And they haven't been a superpower for even a 100 years! I guess like everything else the cycle of history has become a casualty of Globalization. China may overtake US in the future, but how long will it take? Only time will tell.
Old October 20, 2005, 08:39 PM
Test Cricketer

for the sake of universal human rights & freedom.....china must be contained.....

imagine what's gonna happen if they become a superpower (now a regional power)?? we will have hundreds of north korea and "pol pot type" regimes sprining up all over asia.....

i know americans have created their share of "blunder regimes" but wouldnt you rather live in baghdad than in pyongyong?? atleast i can get out of the country alive...
Old October 21, 2005, 04:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Tiger man I must disagree!

You are forgetting that most of the problems of the world today is not done by China. It is done by your beloved anglo breed anglorica . Neways I thought China and india have worked out their problems. You people should update yourselves.

My personal wish is to see some balance of power. Which means every country could make their own decisions.

Edited on, October 21, 2005, 9:45 PM GMT, by mhferdaus.
Old October 22, 2005, 08:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফà§à¦²

Is there any chance of Bangladesh becoming superpower? anyone?

China being world superpower is not something to discuss now. It will take a long time. I personally think they will remain as asian superpower.
Old October 22, 2005, 09:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Somehow I do think that Japan will rise again during the early part this century... specially after the embargo on their military development is lifted. They are already on toplist of applied science and technology.

Edited on, October 22, 2005, 2:17 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Old October 22, 2005, 09:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mhferdaus
Tiger man I must disagree!

You are forgetting that most of the problems of the world today is not done by China. It is done by your beloved anglo breed anglorica [/i]
dude, you got me totally wrong there....

yes, most of the worlds problems are caused by US but imagine what's gonna happen when china comes up to the same level as old USSR, and directly challenges US in world affairs....

obviously, US is not gonna sit back and watch and we are gonna have another cold war...

NOW, with china nd US trying to be influential, we are gonna have lots of "north korea" or "east-germany" types of blunders commited by china....not to mention many ppl are gonna loose their human rights...afterall, china has very bad record for human rights violation....

also, we are having the similar blunder commited by US, but end of they day, suppose both US and china tried to influence bangladesh (for whatever reason), who would you rather pick??

what i meant was, in face of a situation where both china and USA are vying for world domination, i wud rather pick, (not like it though) US coz my basic freedoms are guranteed atleast...
Old October 22, 2005, 09:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Somehow I do think that Japan will rise again during the early part this century... specially after the embargo on their military development is lifted. They are already on toplist of applied science and technology.

Edited on, October 22, 2005, 2:17 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
thats another possibility....japan is the only country that can stand upto china in asia....with the backing of US, and china wont act hard...

one more thing is that china doesnt have many friends in this world....other than the "dear leader" from north korea boasting of a army of 4-5 million that can be easily taken down from orbit.....

just coz china has signed loads of trade and defense agreements, it doesnt mean they have gained the loyalty from other nations....whereas US has countries like australia, UK, Japan, south korea backing them up....

china would have been finished during the korean war if it wasnt for Truman who stopped mcarthur going into china....