facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim iqbal
Default It is very disappointing as a bangladeshi fan

my expression twrds bangladeshi players

I cannot understand how such players such as ashraful, aftab, shakib and the rest can let the fans down again and again. Sometimes it seems that they are not really interested in playing and that they gamble away their wicket easily. If that is the case then they should leave and let other more able and willing youngsters take a shot. They will not fare much worse in any case. What will they do? Lose some matches?....well the current team losing anyway and to and by big margins which is very dissapointing.

now, some of you may say well we are comming back in the right track again after white washing ireland but i dont agree with this unless they beat pakistan atleast 3-2 and clinch the series.my heart says that they can beat pakis but my mind dont agree at the same time.

sorri if i heart any1's feelings by uknowingly just couldnt control my emotion.

do express your feelings too.

bye for now

Old March 29, 2008, 03:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

after the south africa series, i was dreading a 2-1 series loss to the Irish, so im actually glad dat they got thru the irish...

i also believe that bangladesh can rly put up a fight against this current pak team but then again theyre so inconsistent.......

i wont go for a 3-2 win but i do wna see atleast one win, preferably 3-2 loss and ill be elated
Old March 29, 2008, 03:40 PM
Banned

someone remind him that we are Bangladeshi.... not aussie
Old March 29, 2008, 08:44 PM
Banned

Abdul...U are absolutly right and I am with you there...These players are joke..BD win once in a blue moon and we get so excited as if they have won the world cup...Every thing is in the team, technique, knowledge of the game, talent but lack of brain power and common sense..and poor fan get fooled by single victory or one good performance against big boys...I firmly believe that This BD team has the ingredient to beat Pakistan in the 5 match series but I have a feeling they will lose 5-0...but even if BD lose 3-2 it wont be that bad..When players are not playing seriousley, and not respecting their fan, why should fans respect the team?
Old March 29, 2008, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

You want a 3-2 win against Pakistan? Highly doubt that's going to happen.
I'd say we have gained some momentum back after that Ireland series. We had some tough few series' after the world cup and we needed to win a series against a team we could actually beat. I'm expecting a better display in Pakistan but no way am I expecting anything close to a series win.
Old March 29, 2008, 09:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

lets kick out bangladesh and support England. Oh by the way England have been playing for how long? have they won the WC yet? how about ashes?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 29, 2008, 10:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

beat the pakis 3-2 .. lol.. that will be the day!!
prepare for another whitewash dear! .. thank god the series is not in March.. our independence month.
Old March 29, 2008, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

If you get disappointed then stop following BD cricket. Period.
Old March 29, 2008, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayem
Abdul...U are absolutly right and I am with you there...These players are joke..BD win once in a blue moon and we get so excited as if they have won the world cup...Every thing is in the team, technique, knowledge of the game, talent but lack of brain power and common sense..and poor fan get fooled by single victory or one good performance against big boys...I firmly believe that This BD team has the ingredient to beat Pakistan in the 5 match series but I have a feeling they will lose 5-0...but even if BD lose 3-2 it wont be that bad..When players are not playing seriousley, and not respecting their fan, why should fans respect the team?
Stop the crap man. How many times you gonna diss the BD cricket?? If you don't like the team then don't follow it. Period. Sick of all the sick talks about our team.

You don't have to say Sh*t about them in almost all of your posts.

NOW tell me how many WC your team (England) have won? They are playng cricket for more than 2 hundred years.
Old March 29, 2008, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i am very proud to be BANGLADESH cricket fan

very very proud

but some time i am disappointed with the performance

but in the end i am VERY VERY PROUD as a BANGLADESHi fan
Old March 29, 2008, 10:40 PM
Cricket Sage

it's a game...there will be a winner n a loser....n we as in Bangladesh tend to be on the losing side most of the time rather than winning side...either you support the team when they are on either side be it winning or losing n enjoy the ride along the way...or you dn't..
Old March 29, 2008, 10:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulmukit

I cannot understand how such players such as ashraful, aftab, shakib and the rest can let the fans down again and again. Sometimes it seems that they are not really interested in playing and that they gamble away their wicket easily. If that is the case then they should leave and let other more able and willing youngsters take a shot. They will not fare much worse in any case. What will they do? Lose some matches?....well the current team losing anyway and to and by big margins which is very dissapointing.

now, some of you may say well we are comming back in the right track again after white washing ireland but i dont agree with this unless they beat pakistan atleast 3-2 and clinch the series.my heart says that they can beat pakis but my mind dont agree at the same time.

bye for now

Hey bro u are really harsh … be cool down little bit. I totally understand your frustration. Trust me I am also frustrate most of the time,,, but you have to face the reality. I am a old guy in this forum (compare the average age of the forum members) , so I know the old days, you can’t even believe how much we used to celebrate a win even against Bermuda, Malaysia, Hong Kong or MCC team, and a win against Kenya was a big thing for us and a win against Zimbabwe was dream. I am not talking about 19th century, just talking what was the situation only 10 years before. Last ten years obviously made progress and now we play world cup, not only playing world cup, we made second round both in one day and twenty20 game. So you have to be patience and you have to show some respect to our players. Now we can beat any associate team, we have that capability, so it will take another 10/12 years to be an elite team when we will fight with other elite teams equally. Just remember nothing changes overnight. We are a poor nation and not capable of making a good cricket infrastructure. Just think how many cricket grounds we have in Dhaka. For 12 million people, there should have at least standard 20 cricket grounds, how many we have? I don’t even want to talk out side of Dhaka. So its true that we have lots of limitation, even we do not have a proper physical fitness which is one of the most important in any kind of sports. Africans players (football, athletics) overcome lots of hurdle just because of their excellent physical fitness. We are the top ranked corrupted nation and our sports body is not out of that. So as a whole, we have to over come all of those hurdles and then we will see the success and trust me this will take time, if we can solve this problem our success will come early otherwise it will take time.

As a fan, I wish we will win all the time. But that is not reality. So if we win, we should celebrate and wait for the next series or match. If we loss, obviously we are frustrate at that time, however again wait for the next series or match. Because my personal view is, I am not only watching the game or supporting our team to see the win, I love to see my team is playing against the big teams, share the excited moment, share my views with others, watch the madness of the people in the stadium. Result is an important part, not everything, so enjoy a game, and take it easy.

Last edited by r56hg; March 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM..
Old March 29, 2008, 11:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Very well said r56hg. I rember how valuable was a win against Netherlands, Bermuda, UAE and most importantly against Kenya even 10 years ago!!

BTW, none of your favorite players play for BD team anymore.
Old March 29, 2008, 11:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
You want a 3-2 win against Pakistan? Highly doubt that's going to happen.
I'd say we have gained some momentum back after that Ireland series. We had some tough few series' after the world cup and we needed to win a series against a team we could actually beat. I'm expecting a better display in Pakistan but no way am I expecting anything close to a series win.
Cricket_King mamu...i am with u. we need this series win...
Old March 29, 2008, 11:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

how about meditation, u guys beilieve in works? then they should go through it too.
Old March 29, 2008, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

I understand as a fan you can be pretty dissapointed at times but still you need to keep your cool and support your team all the way untill the rough patch ends(even if it carries on for m years and years). Only then will you be a real and die hard fan of BD!!

Have some patience!!Hopefully in possibly a decade we won't have these threads anymore and instead we will have thousands of "Congratulations" threads and that too with the good teams.

Bangladesh ATW!!!
Old March 30, 2008, 01:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayem
i complitely agree with most of the word you said

Last edited by abdulmukit; March 30, 2008 at 01:21 AM..
Old March 30, 2008, 02:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
If you get disappointed then stop following BD cricket. Period.

dont get me wrong bhaiya i'm a true bangladesh supporter like all of you. its been 8 years since i'm supporting them (compare to my age 18).
the batsman is the only one who are frastrating me.we know players like aftab, ashraful, shahriar nafees have soo much talents in them, but are they useing it? if they couldve bat sensebly we could already see a few double hundres in test and 1 or 2 wins aginst top teams (dont forget multan in 2003 and fatullah 2006).
i wish they overcome that problem very soon and dominate other teams around the world.

i dont have any complaints against our bowlers they are doing their job perfectly but if only the batsman couldve do the same......

i hope u understand my frastration.
Old March 30, 2008, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
lets kick out bangladesh and support England. Oh by the way England have been playing for how long? have they won the WC yet? how about ashes?
I hope that you never talk like this in banglacricket.com. This page is about BD cricket. Not about Brittish cricket.
Don't let Bangladesh cricket fans kick you out of banglacricket.com lol.:
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old March 30, 2008, 10:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Totally to be a bangladesh cricket fan losing is part of the sport..so we do it a bit more often than other team..bu hey we'll get there one day..

n i stik by my opinion that..at this stage winning isnt everything..jus as long as we can show we can put up a fite even if we lose...

Cmon Tigerz!!!!
Old March 30, 2008, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
I hope that you never talk like this in banglacricket.com. This page is about BD cricket. Not about Brittish cricket.
Don't let Bangladesh cricket fans kick you out of banglacricket.com lol.:
read my post again before commenting... if you can get my sarcasm then take a course on that... chill out i am on your side. these two guys (thread opener and the other one) wants to support their beloved England team and wants bd to play like that with going throw the pain of getting there...One of them actually IMed me once saying bd should be more like his country England...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 30, 2008, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

quote=offstump;663863]i am very proud to be BANGLADESH cricket fan

very very proud

but some time i am disappointed with the performance

but in the end i am VERY VERY PROUD as a BANGLADESHi fan[/quote]

that's the spirit, mate [
Old March 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
read my post again before commenting... if you can get my sarcasm then take a course on that... chill out i am on your side. these two guys (thread opener and the other one) wants to support their beloved England team and wants bd to play like that with going throw the pain of getting there...One of them actually IMed me once saying bd should be more like his country England...
oh relli? show me wer i said anyfink like that. i'm a bangladesh supporter also i was only showing my frastration twrds some of the players.i dont have any clue what ur talking about this england team mate.
Old March 30, 2008, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default they will fight back

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulmukit

bye for now
I think it's unnecessary to get frustrated.I also think that players like Ash,Aftab or someothers do bat irresponsibly sometimes but they don't always get dismissed because
of irresponsibility.Look at the teams except Ireland against whom Bd played recently :India,Srilanka,Newzealand,South africa.
We don't have such a long & successfull crickt history as these countries.
So give them some more time & let's see them playing against some less stronger teams
like Pakistan.I hope we will do well & get 2 victories inshallah.
Old March 30, 2008, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

i'm a true diehard bd cricket fan.. i'll be with then even if they lose the series 5-0 to pak.. i'll still support them.. when bd get a victory.. i'm on top of the world..regardless of who the opponent is.. but when they lose.. at that moment i'm a bit dissapointed.. but then i think about the next match or series.. and hope for the best in that.. atleast now we beat the associate teams on a consistent basis.. we've come a long way.. even if not against the big teams.. we should give them a few more years before they start winning against the top 8.. have patience and.. hope for the best and prepare for the worst..