facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2004, 11:35 AM
Street Cricketer

Default bring back Nannu

we do we keep experimenting new players when we have established batsman waiting to get in to the best 11. Think about it, Minhajul Abedin Nannu is the highest scorer in the domestic cricket; bring back him in to the national side. We got nothing to lose, our higher order batsman no offense but sucks anyways (except for Bashar though).
Old June 9, 2004, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

NO. Too bad for him. He was born ten years early. Sorry..can't go back. akram, bulbul, nannu days are over. they got us to ICC level and test spot. we thank them. They can help us in terms of caoching, managerial or being selectors.
Old June 9, 2004, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yup...I still think Nannu can walk into the test squad. He is still that damn good! How come he outscores all those so called young players for the future in the domestic circuit if he wasn't upto it?
Old June 9, 2004, 12:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

as long as i know, he failed to pass the fitness tests. the problem with nannu, how long can u get his service? when inform players like stieve waugh and hussein are retiring to give space to the newer generation, there is no point of blocking space already created by bring back an old fox.
Old June 9, 2004, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Nannu's always been what you might call a "Domestic Cricketer". His records in the leagues have always been outstanding, but even before WC '99, his average in ODI's was 14.66. Well okay he did come back in the WC, but I think he was born too early, and that there's no going back now.

Okay if you think I am an idiot, tell me this: who do you think Nannu should replace in the current team? Almost everyone in the middle order seems to be better than him. Rajin - No...Ash - No...Bashar - Are you out of your mind?....Openers - nah...Faisal/Sujon/Mushfique? I don't think so...they do us too many favours with the ball (well Faisal should be given a few more chances with the bat) for us to consider dropping them.