facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 22, 2013, 11:29 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default How far back can you remember?

The earliest i can remember is when i was in class 1, that was in 1994 so 19 years ago

that time i read in a kindergarten school and class 2 was the highest class. as it was a kindergarten there were few slides and dolnas in the school field for kids, every tiffin hour every class used to fight over this resources, so it was duty of one kid to take over a slide or swing for his class when the tiffin bell rang. oneday it was my duty to take over a swing before any other class can. that time it was a prestigious job , i was successful in taking over a swing and that tiffin was the most boring tiffin of my class one life, while everyone of my friends played elsewhere in the field i had to stand guard of the swing, so much for the prestigious job. this is one of the earliest memories i can remember, before that everything is blur

another memory i can remember from class one is that i was good in math and always got full numbers, so when my mom asked me what i got i always told her that i got a 0 and then showed her the answer script trying to make her surprised!, my mother always acted surprised and happy, that time i used to give me a pat on the back to make my mother surprised everytime , lol childhood

anyway guys whats the earliest memory you can remember?, share the time and the details, lets be kids again

Old May 22, 2013, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i usually forget everything 5 mis after it has occurred...ie dont remember a thing

so kudos for remembering something 19 years ago..

my whole life is a blurrr....

btw there was a recent study that found in order to be happy, you should purchase experiece rather than materials.... ie instead of buying a computer to chat and watch game with bc members, fly to the stadium and watch the game...

this gives you better memories and hence a happier life...... and thats what i aspire to do..
Old May 23, 2013, 12:17 AM
Administrator

I do not remember the first day but I do remember the second day. That's when there was light.
Old May 23, 2013, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

My earliest memory is watching Nafees Iqbal and Tushar Imran batting together for Bangladesh
Old May 23, 2013, 03:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I do not remember the first day but I do remember the second day. That's when there was light.
Oh no! You should have used night vision specs, how could you miss that
Old May 23, 2013, 04:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I do remember a few things as early as when i was 3 years old...
Old May 23, 2013, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Same as Banfan bhai.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old May 23, 2013, 09:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

my earliest memory will be in the early 90s as well. i was maybe 4-5 and we just moved to mirpur from green road.

the whole area was spacious and full of green fields. our bhara basha had some space in the front. the building had some construction left and in the front yard there was those big iron rods sticking out from the base concrete. me and mejo bhai got a red iter tukra and marked the height in the rods for stumps. this other kid from 2nd floor (who was between me and mejo bhais age) came and stared at us. bhaiya bollo khelte nibi ami bollam tumar iccha. then we played cricket with a tennis ball and a wooden piece as bat and the rods as the stumps.

flash forward some 20 years later, that building is still there almost in the same shape (opposite to mina bazar, NW you might know) and we all grew up.

Looking back i am really grateful for having such a lovely childhood in Dhaka. The city was at least livable throughout the 90s.
Old May 24, 2013, 06:35 PM
Cricket Savant

my men sing...

i think i dumb will get it

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 25, 2013, 05:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

I remember walking home from school alone once when I was 3 1/2 years old. True Story.
Old May 25, 2013, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
my earliest memory will be in the early 90s as well. i was maybe 4-5 and we just moved to mirpur from green road.

the whole area was spacious and full of green fields. our bhara basha had some space in the front. the building had some construction left and in the front yard there was those big iron rods sticking out from the base concrete. me and mejo bhai got a red iter tukra and marked the height in the rods for stumps. this other kid from 2nd floor (who was between me and mejo bhais age) came and stared at us. bhaiya bollo khelte nibi ami bollam tumar iccha. then we played cricket with a tennis ball and a wooden piece as bat and the rods as the stumps.

flash forward some 20 years later, that building is still there almost in the same shape (opposite to mina bazar, NW you might know) and we all grew up.

Looking back i am really grateful for having such a lovely childhood in Dhaka. The city was at least livable throughout the 90s.
Ah those days. Nostalgia creeps in.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old May 30, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I rode Biman from Dhaka to Jessore at 2. I remember one view from the window and all the time I was
sitting on my mom's lap.
Old May 30, 2013, 02:59 AM
Cricket Legend

I remember being addicted to coke at 4 years of age.

Thug life yo'
Old May 31, 2013, 09:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Age of 4
Old June 1, 2013, 03:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I remember all the beating I got.
Old June 1, 2013, 04:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Age 2 in 1969. Eating chicken corn soup in a restaurant at Clifton Beach, Karachi and then throwing up on the backseat of my Dad's VW Bug. Also harnessed rides on his Lambretta which I'm sure my mom didn't know about. Only such fleeting images between that and age 4 in 1971. Images of hanging out with my grandparents in Rawalpindi, savoring candy and macadamia nuts, playing with our cats and dogs, fishing trips to Rawal Dam and Mangla Dam with the whole family, and the unbearable heat, the freezing cold and the killed snakes in some of the God-forsaken NWF garrisons where my dad's duties in the Pakistan Army took him. Remember a lot from 1971 onwards.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 1, 2013, 07:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I don't remember where I put my keys few minutes back. Same thing happens time to time with my wallet and glasses. Cell phone on the other hand can be easily found.

What were you saying?? It hurts to think back. Can't remember.
Old June 1, 2013, 07:36 AM
Administrator

I was about to respond to you but I forgot what you wrote.
Old June 1, 2013, 08:40 AM
MLC World Series I

I must have been 3 years old, when my parents took me to a nearby park and dad made me stand on a swing and ran to click a photo. I cried my eyes out. I still remember that.

Parents still have that photo.

Last edited by Maysun; June 1, 2013 at 01:35 PM..
Old June 1, 2013, 10:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

aami ruti khai, gol gol, mota mota.

any jatishhor among us?
Old June 1, 2013, 12:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Some memories are self generated from the stories that you hear from your parents and relatives. As years go by, they get archived safely along with actual experiences; and then you can't remember if they are your own or imaginary experience!

Red pill or Blue pill?
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 1, 2013, 09:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Very true Nasif bhai.
Old June 1, 2013, 10:44 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I don't remember where I put my keys few minutes back. Same thing happens time to time with my wallet and glasses. Cell phone on the other hand can be easily found.

What were you saying?? It hurts to think back. Can't remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I was about to respond to you but I forgot what you wrote.
blah should have mentioned this thread is not for Supercentenarian!
Old June 2, 2013, 01:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Implanted memories usually lack the strong emotional memory associated with the recalled image in a "real" one.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 2, 2013, 03:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

An interesting read by Cristen Conger.

Can a person remember being born?

Think back to your earliest memory. Perhaps images of a birthday party or scenes from a family vacation come to mind. Now think about your age when that event occurred. Chances are that earliest recollection extends no further back than your third birthday. In fact, you can probably come up with only a handful of memories from between the ages of 3 and 7, although family photo albums or other cues may trigger more.

Psychologists refer to this inability of most adults to remember events from early life, including their birth, as childhood amnesia. Sigmund Freud first coined the term infantile amnesia, now more broadly referred to as childhood amnesia, as early as 1899 to explain his adult patients' scarcity of childhood memories [source: Rapaport]. Freud proposed that people use it as a means of repressing traumatic, and often sexual, urgings during that time. To block those unconscious drives of the id, Freud claimed that humans create screen memories, or revised versions of events, to protect the conscious ego.

Read More