facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2014, 03:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Afghan seamers vs Bangladesh seamers

Lot of hype around the AFG seam attack (better than Bangladesh, etc). Lets compare them here. All variables are held constant.

Hamid Hassan and Shapoot Zadran are the main guys. Interestinly Izzatullah Dawlatzai is not in the squad though he's a promising talent.

Anyways, I think AFG pacers will find running through IND, PAK, SL, and BD lineups will be tougher than taking 9 for 34 against Kenya.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old February 24, 2014, 03:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Are thye any better than Shahadat? I mean better looking than Shahadat?
Old February 24, 2014, 03:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I haven't seen the AFG attack closely. So can't comment. Heard all the hype and saw little bit of Zadran in BPL. But they will get a big exposure in this tournament against top 4 teams. We can comment only after that.
Old February 24, 2014, 03:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Does anyone think that they will atleast create an upset? I don't know how much these fast bowlers of afg are really good bowlers like in better control. So I don't think they are as good as our al amin (who I think is our best fast bowler at the moment) .
Old February 24, 2014, 04:20 PM
Cricket Guru

pora kopal amader..Shahadat Sharukh Khan nai ...slow mediaum Sir Motin double drop doshraful nai...Tal patar shipaier Projapoti ball nai...gangstar bowl run checker threat nai...Narail Express akon local train er speed chole ...Al Amin er shorol dhaat bhair kora hashite kono dhar nai...Hamid Hassan and Zardan bhai der gorjone banglar bhuka bagh der je ki hobe ke jane
Old February 24, 2014, 04:23 PM
Cricket Guru

I haven't seen them in action, but there is a lot of hype and we have the worst pace line-up around...

Last edited by NoName; February 24, 2014 at 05:29 PM..
Old February 24, 2014, 04:48 PM
Test Cricketer

I am over the moon to not see Mr Sharapova's name in the final 15. I hate this stupid brainless moron.
Old February 24, 2014, 04:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekyd
I am over the moon to not see Mr Sharapova's name in the final 15. I hate this stupid brainless moron.
And who is this "Mr. Sharapova " you are referring to??
Old February 24, 2014, 05:01 PM

I felt Afghan pacers beyond Hamid Hassan are all overrated by appearance, i.e. they have perfect figure to become fast bowlers but misses the brain effect totally. Hamid Hassan has control, line-length and brain to become a good fast bowler, but he gets injured in every alternate tournament. He's playing here almost indicates he will miss out on WC T-20. Overall, not-comparable so far ... however things could change once I see them playing in SA/AUS/NZ where fast bowlers really thrive.
Old February 24, 2014, 05:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Are you being sarcastic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
And who is this "Mr. Sharapova " you are referring to??
Old February 24, 2014, 05:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekyd
Are you being sarcastic?
No, not sarcastic, but just curious who this person is.
Old February 24, 2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Reading all the Cricinfo comments by Afghans, they think their team will win the WC as well
Old February 24, 2014, 05:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Not sure how long you have been following the BD team. Which BD bowler grunts louder than Sharapova?

Quote:
No, not sarcastic, but just curious who this person is.
Old February 24, 2014, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Two such bowlers comes to mind : shahadat and rubel.
Since rubel is in the squad, it means that shahadat is the bowler you are talking about.

I agree with you. His last over in the previous Asia cup final gave away the match. He is not fit for international cricket.

But if our current grunter rubel continues with his high average and economy rate, then I'm sorry to say that he too will be excluded from the team.
Old February 24, 2014, 05:46 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Afghan pacers might be better than the BD pacers, but that is not saying much. The only BD pacer with a semblance of control was Rabiul, who cannot stay in the team after being overbowled by Mushfiqur. Anyone knows how Rabiul is doing? (I mean real knowledge, not rumor.)
Old February 24, 2014, 06:29 PM
Test Cricketer

I am still to get over the last Asia Cup, especially his final over and his last ball with the bat. Out of all the possible shots he f**** goes for a block. If you have one ball to face that could bring you a cup chances are a normal person with some common sense will throw the kitchen sink at it regardless of the outcome. But this brain-dead imbecile thought otherwise. I literally hate this f/kn c/nt.

Rubel is very expensive I agree. However, he did win a few game for us. Remember the last ball bold out in the first NZ series? What a ball and what a memorable moment in the history of our cricket? Having said that all of that, remember Murali dholai? In comparison, Rubel is a far better choice than that good-for-nothing piece of sh!t.

Our biggest concern is that we haven't yet produced a world class pacer yet. Mash was good once upon a time. He was feared and respected but now a days he's below par.

We are left with Al-amin, Mash and Rubel. Al-amin had a decent series much to my surprise. I think Mash and Al-amin will probably feature more often than Rubel.

Quote:
Two such bowlers comes to mind : shahadat and rubel.
Since rubel is in the squad, it means that shahadat is the bowler you are talking about.

I agree with you. His last over in the previous Asia cup final gave away the match. He is not fit for international cricket.

But if our current grunter rubel continues with his high average and economy rate, then I'm sorry to say that he too will be excluded from the team.
Old February 25, 2014, 11:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

And some of our fans act/comment like we have already won WC few times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
Reading all the Cricinfo comments by Afghans, they think their team will win the WC as well
Old February 25, 2014, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I am sure our batters will not be able to take the pressure of being the favorite to win against AFG and make their fast bowlers look like MJ.
Old February 26, 2014, 12:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

They're more aggressive and have better pace for sure but not by all that much. Not that much more accurate either from what I've seen, but they do bowl a smaller number of boundary balls. Having said that, gotta bowl full and in control on our dead pitches to keep runs at bay. Greater pace at fuller lengths and without much swing, provided there's no significant moisture in the air or much cross wind to speak of, can easily turn into half-trackers and full tosses just begging to be put away. Our batsmen can also put those away as long as they sight the ball first and not premeditate.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 26, 2014, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

I d say both Hameed and Shapoor are better than our quicks. Both would easily walk into our teams.

Hameed is quick, can comfortably bowl at 140 without overstretching. And he hits the deck, plus has the height. His natural physical attributes are such that he can get more down by putting much less effort than a Shafiul Islam.

Shapoor on the other hand reminds me of a medium pace version of Shoaib Akhter. Very aggressive, and can back his stares and looks with good bowling, unlike Shahadat who gets hit.

Its not very difficult for Afghans to be better than us in any physical sport. Their strength, stature automatically does quite a lot of the work. I remember the Afghanistan football team after the war. They ve come up very fast to now be the best team in SAFF.
Old February 26, 2014, 04:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

hamid hassan is a very good bowler, the others are quite decent, at least equal to BD pacers perhaps better on a consistency basis.
Old February 26, 2014, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh could really do with a Hamid Hasan. Taskin seemed very bright, got who knows how he ll be after his injury
Old February 26, 2014, 08:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
hamid hassan is a very good bowler, the others are quite decent, at least equal to BD pacers perhaps better on a consistency basis.
Even Dollar Mahmud will look like Waqar if they played Associates 90% of the time. Hamid is the only seamer theybhave that would make our squad and even is over hyped IMO. we'll see how he does against Test level sides.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2014, 09:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Even Dollar Mahmud will look like Waqar if they played Associates 90% of the time. Hamid is the only seamer theybhave that would make our squad and even is over hyped IMO. we'll see how he does against Test level sides.
yes true opposition plays a part but hamid whenever i've seen him has always had good line, length and pace and been consistent with it. the others from what i've seen are less consistent. will be very interesting to see hamid against test level sides, would like to see how he'd go in the longer format against quality opposition.
Old February 26, 2014, 10:37 AM
Banned for trolling

bangladesh bowlers wud crush everyone on green top wicket

but our board only make flat wicket so india can win

how to stop corruption of bangladesh cricket?