facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2010, 12:13 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default "National Cricketers are irresponsible" : BCB president Lotus Kamal

We have an extraordinary BCB president who doesn't understand cricket, but has a very big mouth like politicians. In his latest jibe he branded all cricketers as irresponsible and cited "irresponsibility" as the main reason behind our failure in international cricket.

Funnily, he said this remark in the award ceremony organised by BCB fore their outstanding success in West Indies and Zimbabwe. his remark changed the mood of the program and Bangladesh skipper Shakib differed with him in his speech.

Link from bangladesherkhela

We have to change domestic infrastructure before holding players responsible. I think irresponsibility from BCB is the main reason which is holding us back. Our cricketers are taking cricket forward despite limited resource, poor planning and inadequate infrastructure. BCB president seems very efficient in passing the bucks.

I find his comment inappropriate and irresponsible.

Old January 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

And the whole BCB brass is " Incompetent" led by Golap Kamal. So, there...
Old January 22, 2010, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

pure black baengal goat
Old January 22, 2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator

This is the height irresponsibility ...
Old January 22, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

This is why Bolod politicians shouldn't open their mouth AT ALL.
Old January 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

shob dik thekei dekhi khocha ashtese. extreme pressure like this never seen before
Old January 22, 2010, 12:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Sehwag er ki dosh?
Old January 22, 2010, 12:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Why do I feel this is a swipe at the players for their strike? This is the same guy who didn't recognized CWAB.

Shakib replied and he will soon be in trouble.
Old January 22, 2010, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

amongst his inappropriate comments, he made one good comment. He said, "i just want win. we need to increase our hunger for win (winning habit) ".

but i have a feeling that, his comments may appear good in disguise. Players also understand that, BCB president himself is having a good look on them and their performance. Thus, If it helps anyway to increase our player's focus and determinations.
Old January 22, 2010, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Drop Lotus, we need Ferrari!
Old January 22, 2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

রামছাগল।

Lots of words, zero substance. No personality either. What a shame.
Old January 22, 2010, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

The most irresponsible man in our cricket.
Old January 22, 2010, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

waiting for "bujhee kom" bhaier once in a blue moon spicy post
Old January 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Miraz bhai, i'm not going to comment on his remarks, its really an individual choice to decide whether they are irresponsible or not.

But I, respectfully, would like to disagree with your comment on his knowledge of cricket.
Dont get me wrong, i'm not here to defend him or the choice made by the govt to select him as a president, but someone who'se been associated with cricket for over 20 years, i would like to think that he has 'some' degree of knowledge of cricketing management.

His company "Nirman" has been a synonym to school cricket for many many years. When we were kids, we played nirman, we didnt play school cricket. Plus he was also one of the top brass of one of the two biggest sporting clubs in our country.

You may not like what he had to say on this particular issue, but do you think it is wiser to discredit his years of association with cricket just like that in your opening statement.

As again, i'm not getting into the debate of his qualification for the post he holds and all that.

I hope you do understand my point.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

stupid guy, didnt forget to praise hasina nani also

sure it was mujib's sopno that sakib will win against shehwag
Old January 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

sakib will be in trouble sometimes soon. he should shut his mouth and stop involving in all the matter
Old January 22, 2010, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Why should Sakib keep queit? We have enough 'Yes Sir' man alread in the board and if the captain of the national team shows spine against even the big boss of cricket, I would salute him. I also did support him when he was besides the players striking.. He did what he conscious said him to do,, not letting the boss's position influence his judgement. Had this been a Ashraful or Bashar,, they would've sided with the boss and kept queit, saying ' eta board er bepar, unara janen'. Well done Sakib.. we do need a voice that speaks with honesty and integrity with no fear. Hence he is the number 1 cricketer in the country and the world of all rounders. Kamal, Lobi, Danu, Manu will come and go.. but our cricket is beyond them and beyond these 4th class politicians.. On a comparable note, Saber/Obayed/Lobi/Koko atleast never made derogating comments about the cricketers and did let the professionals do their part..

Last edited by Dhakablues; January 22, 2010 at 02:04 PM..
Old January 22, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Bagher Bachcha Shakib. Ei rokom dat vanga jobab dite hobe
Old January 22, 2010, 01:56 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ekbare thik ache Shakib....juta mela marle ar ektu valo hoito
Old January 22, 2010, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=123035

Here is the Daily Star version, I completely agree with Sakib. As much as we should have accountability, he is not the master and the cricketers are not the slave. We should try to find out the reasoning, as Sakib said, then blame the cricketers only.
Old January 22, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

laughable element
Old January 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Miraz bhai, i'm not going to comment on his remarks, its really an individual choice to decide whether they are irresponsible or not.

But I, respectfully, would like to disagree with your comment on his knowledge of cricket.
Dont get me wrong, i'm not here to defend him or the choice made by the govt to select him as a president, but someone who'se been associated with cricket for over 20 years, i would like to think that he has 'some' degree of knowledge of cricketing management.

His company "Nirman" has been a synonym to school cricket for many many years. When we were kids, we played nirman, we didnt play school cricket. Plus he was also one of the top brass of one of the two biggest sporting clubs in our country.

You may not like what he had to say on this particular issue, but do you think it is wiser to discredit his years of association with cricket just like that in your opening statement.

As again, i'm not getting into the debate of his qualification for the post he holds and all that.

I hope you do understand my point.
Rabz, I know about him. He was the president of Abahani cricket committee for a very long time and you know that I am an Abahoni supporter.

I know about his long term association with School cricket, I have also played Nirman School cricket. I am not denying his financial contribution and support for the development of School cricket. He will always get respect for that role.

However, I do not agree that long term association is enough to understand a game properly. Mr. Lotus Kamal is a bright example here and he is desperate to prove his incompetence as an administrator since he took the responsibility to run Bangladesh cricket.
Old January 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=123035

Here is the Daily Star version, I completely agree with Sakib. As much as we should have accountability, he is not the master and the cricketers are not the slave. We should try to find out the reasoning, as Sakib said, then blame the cricketers only.
Oh my..246 and not 242 stands between loss and a draw !!

I think that says it all about this guys alleged cricket punditry! Yes, taking the lead is always good, but how in the world those 4 runs separate a loss from a draw is beyond my world.
Old January 22, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Why should Sakib keep queit? We have enough 'Yes Sir' man alread in the board and if the captain of the national team shows spine against even the big boss of cricket, I would salute him. I also did support him when he was besides the players striking.. He did what he conscious said him to do,, not letting the boss's position influence his judgement. Had this been a Ashraful or Bashar,, they would've sided with the boss and kept queit, saying ' eta board er bepar, unara janen'. Well done Sakib.. we do need a voice that speaks with honesty and integrity with no fear. Hence he is the number 1 cricketer in the country and the world of all rounders. Kamal, Lobi, Danu, Manu will come and go.. but our cricket is beyond them and beyond these 4th class politicians.. On a comparable note, Saber/Obayed/Lobi/Koko atleast never made derogating comments about the cricketers and did let the professionals do their part..
I guess this is wrong about Ashraful. He got in trouble with the board more than anyone else in the country for speaking his mind. Ash is not a yes sir yes sir man. He also supported the CWAB thingy and spoke lot of words against the board like Shakib.
Old January 22, 2010, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president AHM Mustafa Kamal has questioned the integrity of the national cricketers saying that the players are not giving their hundred per cent.

"(You) have to be more responsible and have to give your best," said Kamal during a cash-award ceremony organized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports for the members of Bangladesh's winning squad in West Indies and Zimbabwe at Sonargaon Hotel yesterday.

BCB boss said the players will have to give all in their ability and it would not be acceptable if they gave less than that.

“As a professional, I always want hundred per cent from the players and you have to be habituated with triumph and it will be not acceptable if you go down one day after winning a match the previous day.”

Bangladesh recently lost four of the matches in the tri-nation one-day tournament involving India and Sri Lanka at home and then lost the Chittagong Test against India by 113 runs.

The BCB president asked the cricketers why they failed to go down against India without a fight and said it was heartbreaking to see the way the batsmen gave away their wickets.

"If they scored 246 instead of 242, then we would have been boosted mentally. We may not have won the match, but at least we could have forced a draw. I think players need to fine tune their own expectations."

Kamal was met with a reply from none other than Bangladesh's stand-in skipper Shakib Al Hasan who said that cricket was their bread and butter and there was no lack of effort from the part of players.

"No cricketer plays for defeat and we always try to give our best in the field,”

The 22-year-old all-rounder also said that those who addresses should speak with responsibility.

"In order to get consistent success both players and the coaches should work together, no one can win on his own. Everyone should speak responsibly and assist us in our job. We will not win everyday, no one does. But our integrity should not be questioned," said the best all-rounder in one-day cricket who lead the team in absence of regular skipper Mashrafe Bin Mortaza in two successful overseas tours and a successful home series last year.

On behalf of ministry for youth and sports, minister Ahad Ali Sarker handed over Tk 50,000 each to all the players for their performance in the West Indies and Zimbabwe. Wicketkeeper-batsman Mushfiqur Rahman was also given an additional Tk one lakh for scoring a century against India in the first Test in Chittagong.

BCB too gave Tk one lakh to Mushfiqur for his century.

The BCB president also expressed his discontent over the way the Under-19 cricketers have lost two crucial matches in the ongoing World Cup in New Zealand.

"Why they cant take two runs from three balls whereas they concede 38 from two overs themselves. There must be lack of communication somewhere. The directives from the dressing room may be not reaching the players."

Bangladesh under-19s failed to qualify for the Cup phase as they went down by a single run against West Indies and then gave away 24 runs in the final over against Pakistan to lose that match too