facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 2, 2018, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Guys,

Do you think cash money will be replaced in the future? if so... what can replace it?

In 10-20 years time, do you still see cash money/transaction being used?

Old October 2, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Guys,

Do you think cash money will be replaced in the future? if so... what can replace it?

why do you care? aint like you gonna invest any money anyway. But it's a good concept to think about... I made a post in 2013 on how i think and this is how... what will future look like in 10 to 20 years...

and that's what companies like amzn, netflix and ma/v comes to top of my list. simple. never fails.
Old October 2, 2018, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
why do you care? aint like you gonna invest any money anyway. But it's a good concept to think about... I made a post in 2013 on how i think and this is how... what will future look like in 10 to 20 years...

and that's what companies like amzn, netflix and ma/v comes to top of my list. simple. never fails.
I'm looking for opportunities, something rare. Something blank, hit or miss.

The investment amount will be very low (literally risk-free).

Very curious about this. Something, I feel has potential.
If you can catch the bird early, when others are not aware, might hit the jackpot.
Old October 2, 2018, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

November 20, 2013, 10:36 PM
Quote:
no forex here. i stay to my comfort zone. dont understand too much of forex, commodities trade.

what stocks have u been eyeing gman if u trade them? what u by profession?

since this can and should be an educational thread and i have time, i will babble a little...

jcp is a tough call, my motto is always to get the best company in a sector despite market noise, historically that has worked out very well again and again.... i been following market over 15 years now. this is my secret actually, very simple, i will always back up the best company..

for example, i would pick a sector and try to get the best/brand in that sector... and factor in social, technological and mass psyche to hazard how optimistic i will be about a stock. human nature by default is slow to adapt to changes and this is the reason i think well known, established companies give you a lot of opportunities... u dont necessariky have to find that unknown hidden gem.....

coming back to retail (forget about division within for a sec, if u think overall which company would trump everyone else).... maybe walmart, costco, but how is our shopping changing...more reliant on online, so who is the best in online retail...answer is amazon.com, now with this type of change in shopping habits who else to benefit, credit card companies, who is the best, master card, what is my risk... bitcoin (so u would keep some eye on it, ignore it most of the time, remember human are very slow to adapt but if a product is right ultimately with time it will take over..who else, carrier, who is the best, fed ex.. who is the worst united postal..)

this is how i usually follow, pick my stocks...naming the best companies..

entertainment/movies : netflix
music/phone: apple
technology/search: google
social: facebook
surgical technology: intuitive surgical
electric car: tesla
brick mortar technology shopping : best buy
coffee: starbucks

and it goes on and on...... none of these companies have any real competition in their field.... so when these companies gets dragged down by some outside noise... ie mortgage crisis, recession, election, debt ceiling, its time to jump in.

thats why i will always doubt jcp, its not really the best in its sector....

i have a mock portfolio: since late 2009, sp is up~ 100 percent, my mock in that time frame > 300 percent... has 15 or so stocks in it (all the above mentined stocks part of that except tesla) and its rock solid in terms of diversification. these picks just solidifies my judgement.

but when putting money in i have same problem as the next door teenager, not enough money, and big dreams, so i play aggressive 1 stock, try to minimize cost and go all in.. and attempt to time market... and fail numerous times too...

------------------------------------
regarding, quantitative easing, i think federal reserve should start tapering now, i think market is at a point where it can take some hit.....
November 20, 2013, 10:36 PM

that was my post end of 2013. 5 years ago. Had u bought any stocks from that list.. you would have beaten teh market with eyes closed. while jcp lost almost all of its value during that time period. these are all well thought out picks, none of dart throwing dumb picks dumb luck many of u may think..
Old October 2, 2018, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Idumb,

I don't know how rich you are. But had you trusted your own self, you should easily be a half a millionaire now. It's easy to give free advise bro. What you say, the potentials etc, most of these same stocks, people have been raving about couple of years ago. It comes down to peoples confidence? no?
Old October 2, 2018, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

If you can catch the bird early, when others are not aware, might hit the jackpot.
you can try pharmaceutical companies - where basically it's a one drug company. the stock price will change with each passing of clinical trials. they are very hit or miss. A succcessful drug is a multibillion dollars drug.
Old October 2, 2018, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Idumb,

I don't know how rich you are. But had you trusted your own self, you should easily be a half a millionaire now. It's easy to give free advise bro. What you say, the potentials etc, most of these same stocks, people have been raving about couple of years ago. It comes down to peoples confidence? no?
couple of years. 2013 is 5 years.. there were a lot of market uncertainty at that time. Amazon was not even profitable. Netflix swang like maniac. there are posts regarding both of them during times of hardship long before that.

this is just couple of stock. Some of these stocks i go pre-ipo positive brother. FB
jcp (negative), ma, fedex, starbucks aren't top stocks ppl use dto tqalk about

I stayed in the market and was persistent when things were falling apart (bought mostly index however). I have changed a lot too.. i used to panic before... losing a few hudred dollar to a thosand dollars used to give me anxiety.. not anymore.

I am currently overexposed to market by any criteria. @ 100%. It's quiet dangerous but I have decided age is on my side and i will ride out any storm that's gonna come my way.
Old October 2, 2018, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Your in a tough game, good luck . I don't know how you cope with all these pressure man...

It's like your in the game now.. where you can't pull out... unless your luck is supreme (where you hit the jackpot) and take all out.

I hope luck favours you man.
Old October 2, 2018, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

btw, Facebook i don't think is no longer a good stock to own, i think it ran its course. It has a lot of baggage to overcome. It's growth is pretty much over. And some of the product zuck is coming up with do not give me much confidence ie dating service/meaningful relationship. if it's doubles from current valuation it's a trillion dollar company and I can tell u it's NOT a trillion dollar company. So I wouldn't buy it if i wanna make it big. But if u are happy with 20% gain or so.. then yeah ok.
Old October 2, 2018, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I don't know how you cope with all these pressure man...
this is a good point. I cope with very high level of stress in my life. Very used to it. But that also brings me some success too. This is what I chose unfortunately. I prefer this over happy bum.

I agree with you about some luck but there are also logic behind everything. If stock market over a 10 year period never lost any money (data) - u can be pretty sure that if u invest for over 10 years u will come out ahead and not lose your shirt.

I have mentioned it here before... I always regret not putting MORE.

having said all that - it is a bit concerning that this is the longest bull market in history. that's also data and it is a matter of time a recession will hit - but the actual cause is not clear - everything from jobs, housing, growth looks good.
Old October 2, 2018, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Too much superficial numbers in the US economy.

Trump is like an intangible asset for the stock market.
His like a brand - Adds value to the market.

Read on share buybacks! And how companies are taking advantage of this, especially poor performing ones to make their numbers look good (superficial).

I agree matter of time before this bubble bust.

If trump wins second term, you can be in luck...
but the moment he leaves.. Iā€™m expecting a total meltdown.
Old October 2, 2018, 06:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

this sounds like a deep-value contrarian type investing. It's not as easy as it appears.

I would suggest you read up a few books on value/deep-value investing - can recommend "the intelligent investor" by benjamin graham and of course various warren buffet books.

I can guarantee you when you come across these companies, you wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole.

GE, ING, DB are some my picks for deep-value at the moment.
Old October 2, 2018, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
this sounds like a deep-value contrarian type investing. It's not as easy as it appears.

t.
Hahaha say what ? His posts didn't sound like that at all. He is looking for a all hell marry stock something similar to recent tillary stock where a change in govt policy made all the difference .

Or a clinical phase promising drug company .

His while strategy is based on luck . No value investing . And certainly not contrarian :p
Old October 2, 2018, 07:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

yeh ok you win again. bye
Old October 4, 2018, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Guys,

Cash will still be around in 20 years.

I went to Japan not too long ago, and for a country that's so tech driven and receptive to new technology, it was incredible to see that cash was still the predominant way to make purchases. Even big purchases were made in cash. One of my japanese friends told me that even alot of people still get their salaries in cash (in nice envelopes received with typical japanese gratitute - ari gato gujaimas). Cash is just culturally ingrained.

Then you have China, where wechat mobile pay has completely taken over. Almost everyone uses wechat and it's very typical to just p2p payments for all daily purchases.

These two are the extremes - most countries probably fall somewhere in a spectrum between these 2.

As far as what could replace cash - most likely p2p payment platforms like wechat, venmo, etc. But i doubt cash will ever truly go away.
Old October 4, 2018, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

What stocks should I in invest, if i want to make a lot of money in the short term(blitzkrieg), I don't care if the risk is high.
Old October 4, 2018, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
What stocks should I in invest, if i want to make a lot of money in the short term(blitzkrieg), I don't care if the risk is high.
try lottery instead. You have a lot to learn. This is not a smart question.
Old October 4, 2018, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

you can try shorting this stock if they are available: TLRY
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TLRY?p=TLRY

it's a marijuana stock that gained traction recently and shot up more than it's worth. Already came down a lot.

This is NOT an advice. There are many wreckless way to make or lose money in market like blitzkrieg but imo that's not smart money.
Old October 6, 2018, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
hell marry stock

quick to criticize g-men and dinraat while posting gems like this. yea makes sense.
Old October 6, 2018, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

This is the problem with immigrants . They always wanna prove themselves with their grammer and spelling without realizing colloquial English requires none ... immigrant thinking is hard to get rid off no matter how hard wannabes try.
What significance this has in finance thread or the meaning behind the post overall ?

This lowly informed minimum wage immigrant thinks CEO makes 300k and here all of a sudden wants to argue stocks with semantics when can't even make a post without making a complete fool of himself .
Old October 6, 2018, 06:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Do your research. constantly read articles in bloomberg and stay up to date with news, over time inshAllah you will figure out a pattern and maybe Allah will help you figure out a path and a way .
Old October 7, 2018, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This is the problem with immigrants . They always wanna prove themselves with their grammer and spelling without realizing colloquial English requires none ... immigrant thinking is hard to get rid off no matter how hard wannabes try.
What significance this has in finance thread or the meaning behind the post overall ?

This lowly informed minimum wage immigrant thinks CEO makes 300k and here all of a sudden wants to argue stocks with semantics when can't even make a post without making a complete fool of himself .
Yes, everyone but you is an immigrant. That's why none of us can understand your native english.

Throws it in the endzone...misses badly...another "hell marry" from idumb.
Old October 7, 2018, 03:36 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Hell Marry stocks ki biar porey shorur er kaas thekey pawa jai? Just wondering
Old October 7, 2018, 04:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

šŸ˜†

Well i really like GE stock right now. It may not be hell marry, and probably only for low life immigrants and wannabe try hards.

But I'll stick to my knitting and sit tight until this deep value opp comes good. Maybe one day it'll be hell merry
Old October 7, 2018, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Yes, everyone but you is an immigrant. That's why none of us can understand your native english.
No not everybody just you because you act like a wannabe. ur extent of finance argument in this thread is on a 4 inch cell phone autocorrect typing . Be gone and stay in your place - the fantsy bubble.