facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 2, 2013, 11:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Looks like NZ should not be too difficult to beat also. Being shot out for 45 in tests is shocking!
Was not following the match. Who took most of the wicket? SLA Peterson ???

Old January 2, 2013, 11:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Australia shouldnt be too difficult either.
lol... we lost 2-0 to west indies at home and australia wont be too difficult to beat. lmfao. We will do well to beat NZ in a test match.
Old January 3, 2013, 01:52 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I don't think we can win test matches with our bowling at this point. We never seem to get sides out twice cheaply and unless we can prepare turning wickets which suit our spinners (at the same time ensure our batters can survive against opposition spinners) in test matches we would probably be able to draw test matches at best. Overseas, with our current pace attack, we would be hopeless.

I am very optimistic about our chances in ODI format though. Especially keeping in mind the 2015 ODI WC, we have a great chance to go in with a settled matured unit while other top teams are rebuilding
Old January 3, 2013, 02:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
I don't think we can win test matches with our bowling at this point. We never seem to get sides out twice cheaply and unless we can prepare turning wickets which suit our spinners (at the same time ensure our batters can survive against opposition spinners) in test matches we would probably be able to draw test matches at best. Overseas, with our current pace attack, we would be hopeless.

I am very optimistic about our chances in ODI format though. Especially keeping in mind the 2015 ODI WC, we have a great chance to go in with a settled matured unit while other top teams are rebuilding
as you said, need to produce spinning wickets. shakib, sunny and sohag with rubel being a steady pacer should be good enough on spinning wickets to take 20 wickets.
Old January 3, 2013, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Its no secret that the best test sides have the best pace attack. The pacers need to be good enough to crush teams and consistently take 20 wickets every match. For us to become a force we need to find pacers who can take wickets. If we dont then we cant expect to win test matches. Thats why you have teams like India, Sri Lanka, NZ, Bangladesh currently struggling in tests and you have teams like Australia, South Africa and England bundling teams out for low scores which helps eases pressure for their batsmen.
Old January 3, 2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

This thread is about doing better with the stars going into retirement. It's not about winning. That is still quite far away. Also, it does not mean for all teams. Think India ( - sachin), SL (- Murali), NZ (considerably eroded), Paks (always under erosion)....

Target playing out 5 days with more ease - for sure.

I am not sure if there will be a diff against Eng, SA, or Aust. But then again, the others are not in the tops 3 because they currently don't have good seniors, anyway.
Old January 3, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

True to an extent - especially in ODIs and hopefully in tests too.
Old January 4, 2013, 04:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

really it's speculation, but isn't everything when talking about the future? you can never say for sure what will happen just make educated guess's. in ODIs especially BD is going to be a much more experienced team in 3+ years than a lot of other teams.

in tests the experience gap won't be as much but that's mainly because BD plays half the amount of tests (or less) per year than the other test teams do so it's going to be easy for the teams to catch up on that experience in tests.

but it's quite possible just based on current stats that BD will be at least equal in batting to teams like SL (when the big names retire) and NZ. SL will be relying on mathews, chandimal and thirimanne. mathews really should have established himself as a quality test batsman if he was going to by now, not saying he won't but obviously his progress hasn't been as fast as expected so he's not that far ahead of guys like tamim or shakib and actually atm i might even select those 2 ahead of mathews as it is right now. chandimal might become something but he hasn't played enough tests for us to see whether his rise will be quick, steady or slow and thirimanne has the talent but even in ODIs has struggled to put the scores up so the jury is still out on him.

NZ only have ross taylor, i don't see NZ producing a better batsman than him atm, but they've only got one of him and the next best are averaging low 30s or lower, even the experienced ones.

meanwhile BD has tamim, shakib, nasir doing quite well in tests, riyad has comeback to some form, mushy is no worse than any NZ batsman bar taylor.

i know i'm just talking about batting but when it comes to talking a test match to the 5th day it's more about batting than bowling, the more capable your batting is the more runs you'll score, the more time you'll spend out there making a good score and the less time you give opposition to bowl you out. anyway it's not like SL or NZ are really producing amazing quicks or anything.