facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 25, 2005, 05:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Default The effort of Iman, Tabligh: an interactive approach

[align=center] [/align]

FAQ on tabligh:

1. What is Tabligh? How is Dawah related to Tabligh?

To understand the work of tabligh, one must go out in jamat. That is the only way. I will only make a feeble attempt to explain some part of it with my d'aeff knowledge.

Tabligh is an effort, an effort to build and strength the Iman and Yakeen (conviction) of a Muslim. The objective of this work is primarily self reformation. This effort includes couple of obligatory elements of shariah:

A. Dawah: Inviting/reminding others about Islam
B. Teaching, learning Islam & practice (Ammal)

Work of tabligh itself is not Fardh (obligatory) or Sunnah. But it is a method that includes the above Fardh elements.

Dawah, calling people towards Allah is Fardh (obligatory) on Muslims:

Allah swt says:

"And whose words can be better than his, who calls (people) towards Allah and performs good deeds, and says, "I am one of the Muslims." [Surah Fussilat, Verse 33]

"And Remind, for verily reminding profits the Believers."[Surah Adh-Dhariyat: Verse 55]
Take Note: Allah said "believers" (Mu'minun), not Kafirun!

“O Muslims! You are the best of peoples, who have been selected for the guidance of Mankind;You enjoin them to do good deeds, and prevent them from forbidden things; and you have firm faith in Allah.” (Surah Ali Imran, V:110).

"Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity." [Quran 003.104]

Nabi (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) states, 'Whosoever from among you witnesses evil, he should change it with his hands. And if he is unable to do so then he should change it with his tongue. And if he is unable to do so with his tongue, then he should at least consider it to be wrong. And this is the weakest stage of Imaan. (Mishkãt)

Hadhrat Nuúmaan bin Basheer (Radhiallaahu Ánhu) says that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) gave an example of people sailing on a boat having an upper deck and a lower deck. The people from the lower deck require water and request water from the people of the upper deck. The people from the upper deck refuse water so the people from the lower deck decide to make a hole on the floor of the ship and get water from the sea. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'If the people from the upper deck don't stop the people at the bottom from making a hole, the ship will sink and all the people travelling will drown. (Mishkãt vol. 2 p. 436)

Similarly, if people do not prohibit evil and sin in the society, the entire society - innocent and evil - will equally suffer.

Hadhrat Abu Hurayra (Radhiallaahu Ánhu) states that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'Command good and prohibit evil or else Allah will send such a punishment that will destroy everyone'. (Ibid).

The above quotations of the Quran and Ahaadith of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) are clear that commanding good and prohibiting evil is an emphasised injunction of Allah and His Rasul. The Sahaaba of Rasulullah (Radhiallaahu Anhum) spent their entire lives in commanding good and prohibiting evil. Since there is no Prophet to come, every Ummati of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) is the deputy of the Prophet and he has to carry on the mission of the Prophet. Tabligh Jamaat brothers sacrifice their time, wealth and comforts to undergo difficulty and hardships to go in the path of Allah - to carry out this Sunnah of the Prophets - commanding good and prohibiting evil.

Shariah has not prescribed a special method for the Da’wah work. The responsibility of Da’wah will be discharged by using any method, whether this is by teaching religious knowledge to thirsty students, writing books, inviting people to Islam, going to peoples homes and calling them to the Masjid’s (as Tabligh does) or any other means.

FYI: Because of the massive growth of work of tabligh, the word Dawah and Tabligh is now used interchangeably, although it is not correct technically. But, when in general people say Tabligh is fardh, they do mean that Dawah is fardh, not the method of tabligh.

2. Why do Jamats visit Muslims? Did Jamats go to visit Muslims during the time of Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)? How about the time of sahabah?

Allah says in Quran to remind Muslims:

"And Remind, for verily reminding profits the Believers."[Surah Adh-Dhariyat: Verse 55]

Even during the time of Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) jamat was sent to Muslims:

Translated to the nearest meaning in English: Hadrat Asim Bin Umar (Radhiallaahu Anhu) narrated that at the request of the Muslims of Amal and Karah, Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) sent a jamat of 6 sahabi to teach the Muslims of that area. [Ref: Hayatus Sahabah ]

Translated to the nearest meaning in English: Hadrat Abu Mussa Ashari (Radhiallaahu Anhu) narrated that dear Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) sent Mu'az(Radhiallaahu Anhu) and Abu Musa (Radhiallaahu Anhu) to Yemen to teach Islam to the Muslims. [Ref: Hayatus Sahabah ]

Translated to the nearest meaning in English: Ammar Bin Yasir (Radhiallaahu Anhu) narrated that once Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) sent him to teach Islam to the Muslims of "Kais". When I reached there, I saw them like wild camels. They do not understand anything but camel and goat. I return to Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and told him their tragic situation. Nabi(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "Ammar! Do you want to hear even more surprising thing? They are such a group of people who even with full knowledge of Islam will be neglectful." [Ref: Hayatus Sahabah ]

The famous incident of Abde Kaise:

Translated to the nearest meaning in English: Muslims from Abde Kaise came and said, "Ya Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam), "Mujar" clan is a hindrance between us, so we can only come to you during the holy months. So please tell us something about Iman so that we can act on those ourselves and also convey it to our people on return. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam), instructed them to do 4 things, and forbade from 4 things. In addition, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam), said, go give dawat of these to your people on return." [Ref: Hayatus Sahabah ]

It is time to get The Lives of Sahabah (Hayatus Sahabah) (3 Volumes Set) for a historical and authentic look in lives of the companions of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam), now translated into English from Arabic.

[align=center] [/align]

It is also well known that during the initial time of the Khalifat of AbuBakara (Radhiallaahu Anhu), jamats were sent to Muslims who refused to give zakat, and to eliminate the false prophet.

Muslims have more haq than non-Muslims. It is the haq(right) of a Muslim that those who are stronger in faith should encourage the weak onces, to help them with Iman and Ammal.

Allah shows in Quran that the Haq of a Muslim in much higher than non-Muslim even while giving Dawah. In Surah Abasa:

"More than one of the scholars of Tafsir mentioned that one day the Messenger of Allah was addressing one of the great leaders of the Quraysh while hoping that he would accept Islam. While he was speaking in direct conversation with him, Ibn Umm Maktum came to him, and he was of those who had accepted Islam in its earliest days. He (Ibn Umm Maktum) then began asking the Messenger of Allah about something, urgently beseeching him. The Prophet hoped that the man would be guided, so he asked Ibn Umm Maktum to wait for a moment so he could complete his conversation. He frowned in the face of Ibn Umm Maktum and turned away from him in order to face the other man. Thus, Allah revealed in Surah Abasa[80] :

1. (The Prophet) frowned and turned away,
2. Because there came to him the blind man (interrupting).

Do you see the honor of a Muslim in the sight of Allah that Allah had to correct the action of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) for ignoring the blind Muslim sahabai while he (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) was busy giving Dawah to the leaders of the Quraysh?

Today, the situation of Muslim have reached very close to the state of disbelieve (kufr). A practical example is here, where born Muslims have now turned away from Islam. To make the effort of dawah on the Muslims is a must.
Either you become the inviter of Deen or be prepared to be invited to falsehood.

3. Why does Tabligh effort emphesise 3 days, 40 days, 4-months etc? Is this fardh or sunnah to go out for those number of days? Why is going out in jamat restricted to those days only?

.... TO BE CONTINUED....

Disclaimer: Views presented here are solely from my own experience and research, WA Allahu Alam.

Edited on, September 27, 2005, 7:49 AM GMT, by Dawah.

Old September 25, 2005, 05:53 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawah

Play will start shortly, umpires, Chinaman and Ahmed are in, toss has been won. We decided to bat first on a batting friendly wicket. We heard ball turns later in the day.... in the commentary box, there is Zobair and RazabQ, please welcome! Umpires are ruthless, so bowlers should watch out for wides and no balls.

No Arabic plz

Forum Rule:

A.2.2: Post messages only in Bangla and English.
Old September 25, 2005, 06:51 PM
Street Cricketer

Default how would you explain this?

Faisal & Shammi

Kakrail Mosque was used to train Aug 17 bombers

The capital's Kakrail Mosque, widely regarded as the fulcrum of Tablig Jamaat, had been used to train the militants how to switch on the bombs that rocked the country on August 17...."

http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/09/26/d5092601011.htm
Old September 25, 2005, 08:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The capital's Kakrail Mosque, widely regarded as the fulcrum of Tablig Jamaat, had been used to train the militants how to switch on the bombs that rocked the country on August 17...."

http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/09/26/d5092601011.htm
There are many possibilities, three of which comes to my mind:

1. If you have been to Kakrail Mosque, you know how huge it is. And as many jamats come and make iteqaf there before they are sent out in the path of Allah, it is very possible, these 4 individual also came in pretending to be Jamats and did their things at dead of night. If you have been to the Masjid, you also know, there is no one monitoring over any activities other than coordination in Byans, salat that is going on. And the whole Masjid is pretty dark because of the lack of lights after Maghrib.
Just because some JMB activist used the privilege of "free stay" in Kakrail masjid does not mean Tabligh has any relation with them. The terrorists of 9-11 were all Muslims. But does that mean that Islam supports or encourages terrorism?

If their confession is true, it shows the miss management of Kakrail Masjid, a LONG term issue. But, Kakrail Masjid does not have funds to hire gurds or put lights or gates on the facility to track the activities of hundreds of Muslims that come and make Itteqaf there.

2. Any one can confess anything, they could say they made the BOMB sitting in PM Khalida Zia's lobby. Should we believe that? There has to be some facts.

3. It is also a known fact, organizations like JMB, Jamaiti-Islami, Shibir etc. hates Tabligh more than they hate Awami League. This is because work of tabligh has educated many ignorant Muslims to realize the true Islam, contrary to the "Jihadist", "Kill Kafir" type of Islam presented by JMB and Jamat-shibir groups. And also, work of tabligh has exposed the false and B'idah practices all over Bangladesh, for example, grave worshiping, Melad, KulKhani all these money earning activities of JMB/Jamat-shibir is at risk because of Tabligh.

Did you forget to mention this from Daily Star

Quote:
Tablig Jamaat is a religious movement supposed to be non-violent and non-political. Local and foreign Tablig men gather regularly in huge numbers at Kakrail Mosque all year round for religious purposes.

Law enforcers suspect the militants had taken the advantage of the huge gathering to prepare themselves for the blasts, without being noticed by the intelligence men.

Finally, Tabligh is the name of an effort, the effort of Iman. It is not an organization or a movement or a group. Associating JMB/Jamat-shibir to tabligh is like saying water and oil can go together.

And Allahu Alam.

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 1:37 AM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 25, 2005, 09:07 PM
Test Cricketer

khaise......What a six....clean and clear
Old September 25, 2005, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Nobody has accused tabligh jamat for promoting terrorist activites. I admit that if a few of them gets involved into such activites, we cannot blame Tabligh Jamat for that.

Being active in tabligh jamat may increase the risk of being involved with "islamic militant groups" for people who are already more likely to join these groups because of socio-economic conditions. It still doesn't mean that tabligh is promoting terrorist activies. None of the things are perfect and terrorism in name of Islam is not the only lowest possible crime a man can do.

However these facts are true:
  • Tabligh is good for people who love it
  • It's not good for people who doesn't like it
  • I don't want to join Tabligh because I don't want to, the reasons are more or less insignificant. Same thing applies for other people who aren't interested in joining tabligh.
  • People join tabligh just because they want to, the reasons are more or less insignificant.
Old September 25, 2005, 10:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
However these facts are true:
  • Tabligh is good for people who love it
  • It's not good for people who doesn't like it
  • I don't want to join Tabligh because I don't want to, the reasons are more or less insignificant. Same thing applies for other people who aren't interested in joining tabligh.
  • People join tabligh just because they want to, the reasons are more or less insignificant.
How do you call them facts? These are your opinion.
When I joined tabligh work, I did so to make myself a better Muslim and by realizing that this was the similar effort that was done by the sahabah that resulted us for example, hindus in the past to become Muslim today.

Many people who hated tabligh have later joined the effort when their misconception was cleared. Examples are many.

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 3:57 AM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 26, 2005, 12:13 AM
Test Cricketer

I'd just like to say that I really like the way Dawah bhai argues his point. Clearly he has better knowledge and higher understanding of Islamic values and principals than most of us on this forum. I also think too many of you are prone to spilling your emotional BS against him just because you don't happen to agree with him and the anonymity of being on the internet gives you licence to spill your guts out. I'm not just talking about this thread, but on many other occasions. I don't always agree with Dawah bhai, but his heart is definitely in the right place. I also think that many of you don't appreciate just how much hard work and dedication it takes to reach the level of iman that Dawah bhai probably has. I know I certainly don't, or by now I would have had the same level of Iman.
Old September 26, 2005, 12:47 AM
Test Cricketer

aosaif, jazakaAllahu khair for your kind words. But I cannot help but address a grave mistake that most people tend to do online:

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
I also think that many of you don't appreciate just how much hard work and dedication it takes to reach the level of iman that Dawah bhai probably has. I know I certainly don't, or by now I would have had the same level of Iman.
Please, do not conclude about any one's Iman based on his/her forum posts. It is very easy to pretend like the most pious man on earth on forums, because it is just about typing while sitting on comfortable chairs and with a cap of warm tea. Real Islam is in action, doing things according to Quran and Sunnah. Since you cannot see a person’s real life action over the net, it is no way possible to really understand what type of Muslim he/she is.

Do not be deceived by the master of words. When Gulam Ahmed Qadiani 1st started his heinous mission, he never called himself a prophet. He wrote beautiful articles on Islam, which impressed many. After he gained a considerable number of dedicated followers, only then he declared himself a Prophet.

Online, some one may look the best Muslim ever to be born, in reality he is probably 2nd best to Saitan in disobeying Allah.

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 5:57 AM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 26, 2005, 12:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
I know I certainly don't, or by now I would have had the same level of Iman.
You certainly do have high level of Iman. The higher the Imam, the lower one thinks of himself. Sahabah used to fear constantly if they were Munafiqs or not. Never lose hope on Allah. Allah is "Samad" and "Ghani". One request of a Muslim asking forgiveness from Allah is granted instantly and he is cleaned, forgiven and becomes as sinless as a new born baby.

ps. Find the meaning and explanation of the name of Allah "Samad" and "Ghani".

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 5:55 AM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 26, 2005, 05:07 AM
Club Cricketer

dawah bhai i m impressed at your knowledge of islam .............

BUT..................

i m equally distaisfied...........u might be into tabligh.............a leading egyptian imam here told me that the saudi government has banned all forms tablighi jamat b'cos they feel islam cannot be spread by just siiting in one corner of a mosque and carrying out religious discussions...............iSLAM IS MORE PRACTICAL

wht is ur say???
Old September 26, 2005, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

My view is that the Saudi govt is not a paragon of virtue.

In a few cases they genuinely work against Bidah, however in most other cases they are either overzealous or extremely hypocritical.

As for them banning taglih jamat, if its true, then the reasoning the egyptian imam gave is inaccurate. Saudis dont tolerate public preaching of any version of islam apart from their "wahabism/salafism".
Saudis sure dont ban their men driving to bahrain for drunken rampages or princes from pleasure trips to europe, so it would speak volumes on their hypocrisy if they have indeed banned the jamaat.

Tabligh jamat may have some Bida and other shortcomings in their practices, however their efforts in propagating Allahs word is commendable. Also, their style is much more effective than the saudi muttawa method of beating men for not praying and women for showing their ankles.

How many Non-Muslims who have lived in Saudi Arabia have a positive view of islam through the saudis? Very few indeed.

On the other hand, Tableeghi Jamat appealed to many because of their style, which even if annoying to some, is more sober and cultured than saudi muttawas.
The latter have greatly harmed Muslims through their blind interpretation and violent enforcement of islam.

3 years back, 15 schoolgirls burned to death in Makka because the muttawas locked the schooldoor during the fire. Why? So that male firefighters wouldnt see the unveiled girls.
Old September 26, 2005, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
How do you call them facts? These are your opinion.
When I joined tabligh work, I did so to make myself a better Muslim and by realizing that this was the similar effort that was done by the sahabah that resulted us for example, hindus in the past to become Muslim today.

Many people who hated tabligh have later joined the effort when their misconception was cleared. Examples are many.
With "insignificant" I meant insignificant to non-tabligh people and vice versa.

Tabligh people don't see any convincing reason for non-Tabligh people to join them, and non-Tabligh people don't see any convincing reason for joining Tabligh until they change their mind.

I hope I made myself clear. I don't want to add more points or argue over this issue, since it's useless.
Old September 26, 2005, 11:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Well said Banglatiger84. I will add little insight to what you have said.

Saudi Arabia is a kingship. And Islam is against kingship.
Islamic state runs thru Aamir selected thru open voting, and #1 criteria of the Aamir/Khalifa is who is the most pious among the Muslims.

Just like JMB/Jamat-shibir hates tabligh for exposing the truth of Islam by the means of educating the general mass about the falsehood of grave worshipping, B'idah of Melad and Kulkhani etc, you can expect a similar effect from Saudi kingship since after making effort in tabligh, Saudies will no longer accept the kingship over Khalifat.

Tabligh will cause the uprising of true Islam in Saudi, which in turn will bring down the "kingship" method of ruling. Which King in the world will want his life of utter pleasure to end because of the effort of tablighies?

Most egyptian Imams in the west are in fact Salafies/Wahabies as they mostly graduate from Al Azhar and in recent time, unfortunately Al Azhar has been infiltrated with the teachings of Salafies/Abudul Al Wahabies. For you information, Salafies/followers of Abdul Al Wahab is known as Ahlel Hadith in the Sub Continent, and JMB of BD was an example of their beliefs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
Tabligh jamat may have some Bida and other shortcomings in their practices,
Lets discuss:

1. What are the B'idah in Tabligh? Also include what is your defination of B'idah and let me know if you are aware of the classification of B'idah.

2. Lets discuss the shortcomings of tabligh practices, please include examples.

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 4:05 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 26, 2005, 12:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Here is a link that might interest you.
http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-1596.html

I don't want it to be seen as a spin bowler who bowls dusra or as an arsenal anti-tablig bashers but a source of information (and disinformation) on tablig as it's known and practised today. Clearly, there are different opinions and view points on this issue, and only after going through it with an open mind and associating yourself momentarily with a tabligi brother you will come to see why it is liked or disliked by some muslim groups and countries. Please patiently read the document in its entirety as I did more than year ago and try to look for good bowls, defenses and good strokes from the players in this debate. Wish you good luck. I just want to add that it is a responsibility unto all muslims to reject extra-islamic practice for the benefit of preserving (and spreading) the words of islam. If you keep this in mind then you will also accept some criticism against tablig. By all means tablig is not a religion - but a part of it - playing complementing roles by many other groups in the world.
Allahu A'lam

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 5:42 PM GMT, by BanglaCool.
Reason: forgot to add the link
Old September 26, 2005, 01:08 PM
Test Cricketer

BanglaCool please copy + paste the issues/claims/comments that interest you from the above link. And eloborate on each point.

But, better would be you say what you think is wrong with tabligh, and why do you think it is wrong from facts based on Quran, Hadith and lives of Sahabah and what it really should have been. It will show you understand the issue clearly, not just copy+paste from random websites where the agenda and personality of the author is unknown.

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 6:11 PM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 26, 2005, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Producing fatwa on tabligh:

Let’s not play the fatwa game. Just like you can produce millions of "Tabligh is B'ida" type fatwa from Salafies, Ahlel hadith, Jamat-shibir-Mawdudi-Syedi, JMB-Bangla Bhai etc, I can also produce millions of fatwa from Ulima of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamah certifying the authenticity of the work of Tabligh.

So lets bowl fairly, no chucking and under arm bowling please  . Present your thoughts and reasoning based on your own understanding from Quran/Sunnah, what is wrong with tabligh (if any!) and its remedies.
Old September 26, 2005, 01:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
BanglaCool please copy + paste the issues/claims/comments that interest you from the above link. And eloborate on each point.
Edited on, September 26, 2005, 6:11 PM GMT, by Dawah...
Sorry I am here as a spectator. I am afraid I don't have the time to go through each of these issues now. If you feel you need to learn about issues concerning tablig and other methodologies, I suggest you speak with an alim or a sheikh. The link was given as a source of information and debate about methodologies and sometimes relative importance on certain issues.

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 6:31 PM GMT, by BanglaCool.
Old September 26, 2005, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

The Prophet (pbuh) used to encourage people to follow Islam, and he and the Sahaba used to inform people about islam. However, did he ever go on "jamaats" of 3 or 40 days to different places?

During the early generations, Muslims went to parts of the world where there was no Islam and stayed there and preached. Did they go from Madina to another town or from Baghdad to Taif to speak to Muslims?
Is it not possible that people of a particular area form a social network and encourage each other to pray in their locality etc.

Whats the point of having a jamaat coming all the way from Pakistan to Texas or vice versa, specially when most of them arent able to communicate with local people?
I do know that jamaat do preach to people in their own area as well, but i never really understood the obligation to go to another place for a set period of time when they can spend it in improving Muslims lives in their own area.

Also to clarify simething, many whom you may refer to as Ahle Hadith are also vehemently against JMB and violence in name of islam. And the recent acts were definitely not an example of Ahle Hadith's beliefs. Salafism may have other faults, but most salafis i know are against extremism as well.
Old September 26, 2005, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84
The Prophet (pbuh) used to encourage people to follow Islam, and he and the Sahaba used to inform people about islam. However, did he ever go on "jamaats" of 3 or 40 days to different places?

During the early generations, Muslims went to parts of the world where there was no Islam and stayed there and preached. Did they go from Madina to another town or from Baghdad to Taif to speak to Muslims?
Is it not possible that people of a particular area form a social network and encourage each other to pray in their locality etc.

Whats the point of having a jamaat coming all the way from Pakistan to Texas or vice versa, specially when most of them arent able to communicate with local people?
I do know that jamaat do preach to people in their own area as well, but i never really understood the obligation to go to another place for a set period of time when they can spend it in improving Muslims lives in their own area.
questions, thank you for asking

I will reply you in as much detail as possible, stay tuned.
Old September 26, 2005, 02:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool
Sorry I am here as a spectator. I am afraid I don't have the time to go through each of these issues now. If you feel you need to learn about issues concerning tablig and other methodologies, I suggest you speak with an alim or a sheikh. The link was given as a source of information and debate about methodologies and sometimes relative importance on certain issues.
O, you expect me to waste my time reading thru the posts that you did not have time to read and you expect me to answer them

Please ask questions like Banglatiger84, see above.
To the point, shows that he thought about it, not just questions to jeer at.
Old September 26, 2005, 02:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
O, you expect me to waste my time reading thru the posts that you did not have time to read and you expect me to answer them

Please ask questions like Banglatiger84, see above.
Please don't try to twist words, I already mentioned I read it. Re-read my posts above.
I don't expect you to read anything. It's a thread for everyone and anyone who wants to look into a debate on this issue can read it. If you are not then don't.
Old September 26, 2005, 02:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool
[Please ask questions like Banglatiger84, see above.
Please don't try to twist words, I already mentioned I read it. Re-read my posts above.
I don't expect you to read anything. It's a thread for everyone and anyone who wants to look into a debate on this issue can read it. If you are not then don't. [/quote]

ok, looks like I did miss-read your post. I was confused by the fact that you read it one year back, and such was your reading that you could not highlight a single point discussed there. Any one can post random links, but they must have some basis of discussion and fact, correct?
Old September 26, 2005, 05:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Jazakallah khayr for the great thread dawah bhai!

I would like to hear an answer to banglatiger84's question on the "fixed number of days" issue .... where did these numbers come from? Any particular incident during the lifetime of Prophet (SAWS)? or of his companions later on?
Old September 26, 2005, 06:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by dosadeel
Jazakallah khayr for the great thread dawah bhai!

I would like to hear an answer to banglatiger84's question on the "fixed number of days" issue .... where did these numbers come from? Any particular incident during the lifetime of Prophet (SAWS)? or of his companions later on?
If brother Da'wa is answering this question then I can wait till he posts. However, I have been in Jamaat few times. I also asked this question to a Mufti (religious scholar who has the permission to give fatwa and having great deal of knowledge on Qur'an and Hadiths). He answered very nicly. I can write what he told me. I'll wait till brother Da'wa posts his.