facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 3, 2008, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Fakhruddin's view published on Time Magazine

Is hope for a better Bangladesh still there?

Q: But if politicians under corruption charges come back to power in the elections... you can see how people may think it's all been wasted.

Ans: I don't think so. As I said, a good number has been convicted. Yes, some of those accused are released on bail and that has been done through due process of law.

Also he said: "I think it's a question of whether we are going back to the [old] system. There have been major changes in the system. Institutions have been strengthened, and these institutions have gotten support from society at large. I think everybody hopes that will continue."

Source: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...844509,00.html

Old October 3, 2008, 08:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Wait and see after election a Indemnity ordinance will be passed to wipe all convictions.

Trying to change within only two years and when the persons behind the changes agendas are not clear, it's not possible.
Old October 3, 2008, 04:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

he was a famous biriyani chef! he passed away though right? his son runs the show now, right?
i always wished i had his biriyani! RIP haji saheeb!
Old October 4, 2008, 12:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

Well we have to start somewhere...y not with a biryani wala..maybe we can move up to the rickshawala, 5 years later, the school teacher. Its a slow run rate graph...but we will score 50 in 50 overs atleast this way.
Old October 4, 2008, 01:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
Well we have to start somewhere...y not with a biryani wala..maybe we can move up to the rickshawala, 5 years later, the school teacher. Its a slow run rate graph...but we will score 50 in 50 overs atleast this way.
Agreed. Democracy only started in 91 in BD. India is said to have practiced democracy for over 50 years now and have become what we know as current India now (with all it's democratic limitations ofcourse). So yeah we need to start somewhere. In course of time - 50/60 years down the line there might be a good governance through peoples' will to make a better Bangladesh.
Old October 4, 2008, 01:53 AM
Cricket Legend

In March last year, he mentioend on his interview on Time Magazine (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...601618,00.html) that anti corruption drive was initiated to curb the usage of money, muscle and misuse of authority—the three Ms to win the election. There are lots of stories on that AC drive - we all just need to see what happens in the election and how - if any.
Old October 9, 2008, 04:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Fakhruddin's (son's) Biriany is Pocha... nobody eats now a days.
Hajji is still the best.

However Beta boroyee Pajji... otherwise stil why we have to stqand on big line and why he conly cooks only two dekchi?
Old October 11, 2008, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

politicians might have been persecuted but this has done nothing to change public perception. in an uneducated electorate democracy shall always be a liability.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
politicians might have been persecuted but this has done nothing to change public perception. in an uneducated electorate democracy shall always be a liability.
How would you define the term uneducated ? Who are they?
Old November 3, 2008, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

I guess when people can apply their political right responsibly (one example: not forgetting everything when the so called "leaders" visit them with a smile during the vote) that's when they could start act as educated ones. The "uneducated electorate" above, I guess is meant for the general people of bangladesh who tend to do the same as what is mentioned in brackets.

After the new start if this process continues hope is that general population might get more responsible while applying their political rights in 20/30 years down the line.