facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2005, 08:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Playing out 50 overs

Some folks are justifying slow batting (Particularly Golla) pointing out that we can not bat 50 overs so it's ok to become painfully slow, don't worry about scores all these.

Now tell me, after our recent successes, if we still go to a game with a mindset that we have to play out 50 overs no matter what is the score, then we are just going back 10 years.

It does not mean that we have to do hara kiri like we did yesterday against australia. It also does not also mean that we have to bring the whole game to a stand still.

People would say that well at least Javed Omar had some runs under his belt. But look what harm he did in the process.

Tushar Imran was scoring at a rate of more than run a ball until 15 overs and then suddently Javed Omar decided, ok, we are 82/1 after 15 overs, run rate is above 5, so time to put the brakes on!

The next 5 overs produced 9 runs!!!!

Tushar was taking single the first ball he faced but while JO went to strike, he just refused to score any runs for the remaining overs. I would not say that he was doing this to prevent the collapse that happened yesterday, it is more because that is the only way he knows to bat. That is even more a scary prospect.

Eventually Tushar got out trying a shot which was not there. I think being left out from strike for a major part of every over affected his game and I would partially blame JO for that.

Then comes the suicidal runout of Habibul Bashar. Whose call was that ? Javed Omar. Now that is not even funny. You decide to play dead most of the time and now suddenly wake up and decide to take a single on collingwood (the best english fielder).

Botham actually summarised it very nicely:
"This man is putting pressure on every new batsman who is coming to the crease. He decides to go on merrily and let the other batsman do the hardwork."

Now let me say this, if even JO scroes a century here today and BD wins the match (highly unlikely) I would still say that JO approach to the game was totally WRONG.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:02 AM
Banned

Jo killed us today...HE shound never play ODI
Old June 26, 2005, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
[i]

"This man is putting pressure on every new batsman who is coming to the crease. He decides to go on merrily and let the other batsman do the hardwork."

:
Old June 26, 2005, 08:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Even though I am not a fan of Botham. But in that case he pretty much said it all.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Just a simple math.........if golla takes 150 balls to score 81 then we have only 150 balls left. If we score run a ball we will get 231. But asking every batsman to score run a ball is suicidal. Too much pressure for them to come in score.

This is a shameful display of batting. I would rather have 160 rather than this.

If he gets going then we are in trouble because we are never gonna make more than 230....let alone the pressure on other batsman.

I think he was responsible for the out of tusher, basher and aftab.

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 1:07 PM GMT, by raju.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
Even though I am not a fan of Botham. But in that case he pretty much said it all.
and he kissed the bat when he was walking towards pavilion as if he did something special.

Once I was watching a game in Dhaka Stadium and golla played a innings of 60 + and it took him 41 overs and eventually his team lost because of that. All abahoni fan's were happy as long as he was on the crease.

He said earlier on an interview that he never counts how many balls he faced.........
Old June 26, 2005, 08:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Why dont some one drop a bomb on Golla? He is killing the spirit of this young team. Its better to lose few wickets rather watching his disgusting batting. He is definitely putting the pressure on every new batsmen and he is doing it each and every match.

If we are still struggling to play out the 50 overs without this horrible batting than we should not play one day cricket.

Why dont Javed play like this in the tests and get a big big hundred? Why does he have to play like this in the one dayers?He is taking our cricket 10 years back. He is killing the spirit of the game.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by raju
Just a simple math.........if golla takes 150 balls to score 81 then we have only 150 balls left. If we score run a ball we will get 231. But asking every batsman to score run a ball is suicidal. Too much pressure for them to come in score.
[/i]
That's a great piece of math actually summarising very nicely the detrimental effect of JO knock!

Old June 26, 2005, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
yeah, Botham's evaluation was 100% correct.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

This is a shameful display of batting. I would rather have 160 rather than this.

If he gets going then we are in trouble because we are never gonna make more than 230....let alone the pressure on other batsman.

I think he was responsible for the out of tusher, basher and aftab.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
And thats the point. May be he saved us from another emarassing 139 runs, But he also spoiled a chance to score 260+.

80 is nice score on scoreboard. But sorry I can't celebrate his score. I feel we just witnessed another missed opportunity.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

and he kissed the bat when he was walking towards pavilion as if he did something special.
How about telling him to act up or we kiss him goodbye?:P
Old June 26, 2005, 08:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

I used to watch games regularly in Dhaka Stadium and people used to have fun when javed was batting (in opposition team offcourse)

He never cared.....he never cares about the run rate or the condition of the team.

Team management gave him the liberty to play like this. After seeing him kiss the bat, it made me really sad.

81 looks good but not in 150 balls in oneday cricket....
Old June 26, 2005, 08:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

from crickinfo bulletin.....

"Omar's innings was a model of concentration and he largely managed to eradicated the cross-batted shots that have been is downfall in this series. But at times it was questionable whether he was doing more harm than good to Bangladesh's progress. There was a spell of 19 overs where he failed to hit a boundary and this increased the pressure on the batsman at the other end. "

nicely put.....

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 1:30 PM GMT, by raju.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

i ve seen javed once against pakistan A team in dhaka stadium maybe in 1997. he was opening with atahar, the pakA attack was good. Md jahid who was quickest in the world that time, aqib javed, kabir khan etc almost full pak team. javed was struggling even to put bat on ball while atahar was middling the ball nicely. eventually javed was bowled round his legs. bd finally scored something like 180, ,thanks to late order hitting by shanto.

but he fielded brilliantly. was easily the best bd fielder. my impression was that he is taken in the team more for his fielding than batting.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
[i]

but he fielded brilliantly. was easily the best bd fielder. my impression was that he is taken in the team more for his fielding than batting.
It was true about JO at those ancient times but right now he is hardly noticeable as our overall fielding improved a lot.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:48 AM
Banned

Athar Ali Kahn saying that Omar played really well??+what did he see a different game??
Old June 26, 2005, 08:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bangla_amar
Quote:
[/i]
That's a great piece of math actually summarising very nicely the detrimental effect of JO knock!

Aha .. Math is very good but in reality our 9 other batsman cant play 150 balls together, at least JO playing half of it for them
Old June 26, 2005, 08:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
from crickinfo bulletin.....

"Omar's innings was a model of concentration and he largely managed to eradicated the cross-batted shots that have been is downfall in this series. But at times it was questionable whether he was doing more harm than good to Bangladesh's progress. There was a spell of 19 overs where he failed to hit a boundary and this increased the pressure on the batsman at the other end. "

nicely put.....

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 1:30 PM GMT, by raju.
Hay the cricinfo and every other commentator is right that when some one playing 150 balls only for 81 run than it put pressure on other player. However our other 9 player cant play 150 balls regardless if they have pressure or no pressure.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by bop
Aha .. Math is very good but in reality our 9 other batsman cant play 150 balls together, at least JO playing half of it for them
And JO is not helping them putting all the pressure to keep the RR anything decent. btw Pilot was 42 (not out) out of 43 balls compaed with JOs 81 of 150.
Which one you take. I will take Pilot's 42 in a heart beat.

Edited on, June 26, 2005, 1:53 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old June 26, 2005, 08:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

thats partially true.......
but I dont think this kind of innings will help our cricket in anyway......if we allow this then we are going behind.....do u want that???? or want some positive cricket eventhough sometime we score low scores!
Old June 26, 2005, 08:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:

thats partially true.......
but I dont think this kind of innings will help our cricket in anyway......if we allow this then we are going behind.....do u want that???? or want some positive cricket eventhough sometime we score low scores!
Well I guess we all have different opinion. But those of us following Tigers and watching who the Coach Dav preparing Bangladesh than we all know his #1 priority is to keep batsman play 50 overs. I wonder of Dav knows less than those who thinks we should hit the ball , pull some shots and get out within 30 overs.
Old June 26, 2005, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by bop
Well I guess we all have different opinion. But those of us following Tigers and watching who the Coach Dav preparing Bangladesh than we all know his #1 priority is to keep batsman play 50 overs. I wonder of Dav knows less than those who thinks we should hit the ball , pull some shots and get out within 30 overs.
Dav beleives that if we can play 50 overs, then we can easily score 250 on batting tracks.

But Javed has a mission to prove him wrong.
Old June 26, 2005, 09:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
But Javed has a mission to prove him wrong.
:P

I think whatever Dev wants, he doesnt want this! This is really defensive cricket......not gonna do a wolrd of good
Old June 26, 2005, 09:37 AM
Street Cricketer

Javed is just a selfish player who doesnt care about his team nor the result of the match. He just wants to get a good number beside his name in the scorecard no matter how many deliveries he eats up in the process. He never plays to win but just to make sure his place in the team stays. Keeping him for the one-dayers was a serious mistake my the selectors.