facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 24, 2010, 08:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Next Assignment: Pakistan & Australia

Thats our Next Assignment

I find it quite embarrassing to have only registered 3 recognized victories in this format, theres alot of blame to go around but the BCB have done enough to avoid blame this go around.

1st World T20, I thought Management did well in setting up the 4 Nation Series, but made a huge mistake in not having a Coach, because everything went Haywire after the South Africa Game (We didnt even do that bad) we didn't embrace the fact that we had 70 runs up in 5 minute and only harped on the negative ... the next Match Tamim went Javed Omar Belim bogged up so much pressure that Brett Lee got a Hat Trick than lsot 2 winnable games vs SL and Pakistan

2nd World T20: Good Job Again on the extra Warm ups but if you Pick Crap Players for this Format your gonna Lose, only natural that Wickets Will fall, you still have to press on the gas.

So on to this one, 2 Domestic Competitions is good, I'm sure the BCB will get a few Warm up Matches in from the 23rd to the 30th

Quote:
Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mohammad Ashraful, Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Naeem Islam, Shahadat Hossain Abdur Razzak, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Syed Rasel, Aftab Ahmed, Alok Kapali, Nazmul Hossain, Dolar Mahmud, Mahbubul Alam, Faisal Hossain, Mithun Ali, Shamsur Rahman, Mohammed Sohrawordi, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Jahirul Islam, Nasir Hossain, Rony Talukder, Robiul Islam, Mohammad Elias and Alauddin Babu.
If you guys notice, I did a little scribbling, I think we have to send a 15 man Squad to St. Lucia, This is what I would do BCB probably wouldn't. Mahmudullah and Mushy Take to much time to get set and Mushy Sweep Shot is More likely to get find a fielder than clear the fence and I know if Ryiad Bowls were giving up unnecessary runs.

Send them to England a Week Early, See if there Agents can get them some Part Time Work or Trials with the County Sides

As for the rest of the Scribbling there either Fast Bowlers or SLA's We Already have to of Each Thank you

Quote:
Shakib Al Hasan, , Mashrafe Mortaza, Mohammad Ashraful, Tamim Iqbal, , Junaid Siddique, Naeem Islam, Abdur Razzak, , Syed Rasel, Aftab Ahmed, Alok Kapali, , Mahbubul Alam, Faisal Hossain, Mithun Ali, Shamsur Rahman, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Jahirul Islam, Nasir Hossain, Rony Talukder
And than look at the Big Picture knowing there is an A team that overlaps, I scribbled some more, those A team games are much much more vital than a token T20.

Since Jahirul is in the Big Club and going to England, he should fly to the big club to England as from the the Islands and not by himself from Dhaka.

Mithun, Milon and Jahirul they compete for the WK Job

On to Pakistan and Australia every time we played them we've given up 180+, except the 2 games where we battted 1st,Mashrafe wont be Fat after KKR, hopefully he'll learn some how to swing and at the very least get the Yorker right.

Rasel needs some support from Management, if he's healthy and can get some backing from the higher ups, when on song best bowler in the world in this format, economy rate still under 6.

Shakib and Razzak got the SLA part down, Naeem, Kapali and Ash can fill the part timer role

Tamim
Juniad
Aftab
Shakib
Ashraful
Kapali
Naeem
Mithun
Mashrafe
Razzak
Syed Rasel

Robin, Milon and Jahirul on Standby

3rd Time is a Charm, isn't that what they say

WIth the players at our disposal I feel confident, uness Management decides to play Rubel, Nazmul ... No GoBoy please, Mahmudullah I can understand him playing but you have to be different in this format.

BTW: St. Lucia Tickets are 300 Dollars Round Trip from JFK so if you have the time, go!

Old March 24, 2010, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Hey cricman, where'd you find $300 tickets? Send me the link? Pretty please with sugar and ice cream and all sorts of sweet condiments on top, below and in the middle?

Game tickets are ten bucks, btw.
Old March 24, 2010, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Hey cricman, where'd you find $300 tickets? Send me the link? Pretty please with sugar and ice cream and all sorts of sweet condiments on top, below and in the middle?

Game tickets are ten bucks, btw.
Your itinerary

1 traveler round trip: New York City, NY (JFK) to St. Lucia-Hewanorra (UVF) St. Lucia-Hewanorra (UVF) to New York City, NY (JFK)
  • Departing Flight #879
    4/26 9:59 AM
    4/26 2:44 PM
  • Returning Flight #880
    5/6 2:33 PM
    5/6 7:29 PM
Fare restrictions

Jet Blue
Old March 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Boom shakalaka baby! Thou rocketh!
Old March 24, 2010, 09:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Since we are one hell of a screwed up superstitious bunch we shoudly only let members with good rec open match threads. Purna moni you did good....NOW LOG OFF AND DO YOUR HW!!

j/k

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

So drive to Buffalo, grab flight to JFk, grab flight to St. Lucia. I like that.
Old March 24, 2010, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
So drive to Buffalo, grab flight to JFk, grab flight to St. Lucia. I like that.
Or grab a flight from Buffalo.

But unfortunately, I don't think I have the time.
Old March 24, 2010, 09:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hahahha...accha bhais, Buffulo to gie Original spicey Buffalo wings kabo!!
Old March 24, 2010, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Anyone planning to travel to St Lucia? I am seriously considering it.
Old March 24, 2010, 11:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

cricman nice article. agree mostly. i think riad will be in the squad, he is in form, though i agree with u but they wont do that much change.
really wanna see najmul hossain milon in this format
Old March 25, 2010, 12:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

with two t20 tourneys to play. the selectors should give a good look on performances.

australia would be very tough for us.

pak is still a strong opposition though no yousuf, younis, rana naved, and shoaib. dont think two y's make too much differencr in t20s. but in odi and test they have bigger say.
Old March 25, 2010, 12:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

actually this 4 doesnt make much diff in 20/20 in pak team. their team is still strong and very strong. i think they have ability to stay in top 4
Old March 25, 2010, 12:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
actually this 4 doesnt make much diff in 20/20 in pak team. their team is still strong and very strong. i think they have ability to stay in top 4
rana naved was not essentially one or their regular rn indispensable bowlers.

yousuf, shoaib and younis..... if u deduct them from odi or test they are a bit weak. but not weak enough for bangladesh. may be weak against india or sa or australia.

for t20 they have enough talent to replace.
Old March 25, 2010, 03:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

100% agree with Cricman bhai's team.
Old March 25, 2010, 03:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Nice one by Cricu'da.

Just couple of things. Is Jahirul that good clean striker in T20? How could you exclude Dollar? He is a clean heater.
Old March 25, 2010, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

The PCL and NCL should showcase the players' ability to play 20/20s, I am sure that selectors will be following these matches very closely, only then will they chose the final 15 players. Alas! do you guys really feel that BD has an iota of a chance against Pakistan and Australia? They are in the worst group, no associate to play here. Other test playing teams are in easier groups with at least one associate. SL IMO has the easiest group.
Old March 25, 2010, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

We are extremely unlucky to be in the same group as Pakistan and Australia, perhaps the two best T20 teams. Pakistan should be our target to defeat, as for Australia, I really don't see much chance. They will have 3-4 bowlers who can bowl at 150+ and 2 of them[Tait, Nannes] specialize in T20.
Pakistan also is a very strong T20 side, but we can count on those traditional Pakistani fu** ups.
But look at the bright side, Ireland is not in our group!
Old March 27, 2010, 07:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Well, if BD does not proceed to super 8 stage, they will travel to England to play some additional first class matches to prepare for the English tour and this is good news.
BCB used their head in arranging this, because they themselves looked at the grouping and realized that it was a hard task for BD to win one match against these 2 strong 20/20 teams. Australia has their own 20/20 bash and a strong team from Australia won the Champions league last year, so Australia is spot on in 20/20s, whereas BCB pays no attention to it. I feel they are only sending a team to collect the money from ICC.
Old March 27, 2010, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Lolz Mahbubul Alam. Good one! Rubel can be pretty useful in T20s but only if used properly. Give him one over with the new ball and let him bowl the rest of the 3 from the 16th over. Kinda like Umar Gul or Lasith Malinga. Shafiul can do the same but playing both of them in the same XI is a MUST NO!

Mushfiq will (deservedly) go so no point arguing over that. And I'd pick Zohirul as second keeper ahead of Mithun.
Old March 27, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Bangladesh has a chance against pakistan , that the game to win

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 27, 2010, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

australiar kache sommanjonok porajoy & pakistan er kache nekkarjonok haar er theke bachte chai
Old March 27, 2010, 08:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Well, if BD does not proceed to super 8 stage, they will travel to England to play some additional first class matches to prepare for the English tour and this is good news.
BCB used their head in arranging this, because they themselves looked at the grouping and realized that it was a hard task for BD to win one match against these 2 strong 20/20 teams. Australia has their own 20/20 bash and a strong team from Australia won the Champions league last year, so Australia is spot on in 20/20s, whereas BCB pays no attention to it. I feel they are only sending a team to collect the money from ICC.
i think its not fair to say those FC matches against county additional. those were regular fixture as every team gets practice matches before an england series.

now if we go through for next stages those matches will be canceled.
Old March 27, 2010, 11:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Lolz Mahbubul Alam. Good one! Rubel can be pretty useful in T20s but only if used properly. Give him one over with the new ball and let him bowl the rest of the 3 from the 16th over. Kinda like Umar Gul or Lasith Malinga. Shafiul can do the same but playing both of them in the same XI is a MUST NO!

Mushfiq will (deservedly) go so no point arguing over that. And I'd pick Zohirul as second keeper ahead of Mithun.
rubel is the same bowler who got thrashed by murali also he leaks way too many runs against decent batting teams, he's still very raw in international cricket, even a 120kph Nazmul Hossain is way better than Rubel. Rubel is overhyped here just because of his pace eventhough Naz has a way better line and length.
Old March 28, 2010, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Your itinerary

1 traveler round trip: New York City, NY (JFK) to St. Lucia-Hewanorra (UVF) St. Lucia-Hewanorra (UVF) to New York City, NY (JFK)
  • Departing Flight #879 4/26 9:59 AM
    4/26 2:44 PM
  • Returning Flight #880 5/6 2:33 PM
    5/6 7:29 PM
Fare restrictions

Jet Blue
what about the hotel cost buddy? it's gonna run you 150 bucks a night atleast. that's 1500 dollars for the length of your stay. I would have rather gone to BD for a series and stay free with family. would have more fun.

also how many games are you gonna get to see BD games... you might have to travel between islands... more expense. If you got the money.... more fun for you but just a nice warning to the dreamers that's thinking of 350 dollars vacation

Last edited by Orpheus; March 28, 2010 at 12:20 AM..
Old March 28, 2010, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
rubel is the same bowler who got thrashed by murali also he leaks way too many runs against decent batting teams, he's still very raw in international cricket, even a 120kph Nazmul Hossain is way better than Rubel. Rubel is overhyped here just because of his pace eventhough Naz has a way better line and length.
I think you missed his recent bowling. He is starting out to be just fine. He might have leaked a lot of runs before but hey don't they all when they are fresh to international cricket. Even mortaza had a tough time in his career for the 1 year or so.