facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 20, 2011, 04:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Wishful thinking

It's my observation that with the seniority, people tend to show maturity especially in our culture. No matter how young once you become an older brother you show the ways for your younger brother.

One of the problems with our young team has been that there's nobody senior in the field to show them around for they are all of the same (almost) ages. But the guys have been around for a few years, so bringing younger guys where there are weak links may make the seniors more responsible in front of the younger ones. So I say bring in Mominul, Anamul, Alauddin Babu instead of Imrul, Junaed and Mahmudullah who are struggling. I was also thinking about Mushy, but his keeping in the last match was brilliant and the century prior to that. So he can be given a little longer to survive.

Old August 20, 2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifk
It's my observation that with the seniority, people tend to show maturity especially in our culture. No matter how young once you become an older brother you show the ways for your younger brother.

One of the problems with our young team has been that there's nobody senior in the field to show them around for they are all of the same (almost) ages. But the guys have been around for a few years, so bringing younger guys where there are weak links may make the seniors more responsible in front of the younger ones. So I say bring in Mominul, Anamul, Alauddin Babu instead of Imrul, Junaed and Mahmudullah who are struggling. I was also thinking about Mushy, but his keeping in the last match was brilliant and the century prior to that. So he can be given a little longer to survive.
Jer hoyna noy-a (buddhi), ter hobey na nobboite-o (for the likes of Ash & Co.)!

Bring some one who is good, not necessarily a younger one!!
Old August 20, 2011, 05:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Jer hoyna noy-a (buddhi), ter hobey na nobboite-o (for the likes of Ash & Co.)!

Bring some one who is good, not necessarily a younger one!!
true that for ash & co...i think he may be gone for good this time... but the core guys like tamim, shakib, rubel and co will hopefully feel much more seniors with guys like hom, nasir, mominul, anamul and alauddin babu around...
Old August 20, 2011, 05:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

shabbir rahman is another young player to look at but best scenario is for them to develop properly first....doesn't always happen in BD cricket, players already in the squad and just out of the squad are talented enough and have some experience, why not put proper efforts into them?
Old August 20, 2011, 06:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
shabbir rahman is another young player to look at but best scenario is for them to develop properly first....doesn't always happen in BD cricket, players already in the squad and just out of the squad are talented enough and have some experience, why not put proper efforts into them?
yes, he is...and i agree proper development is necessary...but the question is what do you do with the underdeveloped ones already in the national team? if all's underdeveloped why would we keep a few non-performing ones for long time without giving other talented underdeveloped ones chances as well?
Old August 20, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
yes, he is...and i agree proper development is necessary...but the question is what do you do with the underdeveloped ones already in the national team? if all's underdeveloped why would we keep a few non-performing ones for long time without giving other talented underdeveloped ones chances as well?
because you want to change the culture. replacing underdeveloped players with other underdeveloped players is a cycle that could never end and it's not a good cycle as has been shown it hasn't worked for all these years. the players around the national team might be under performing but are performing more regularly than past players.

you want a culture of developed performing players, that starts from a young age but unless you develop national team players it won't change either. the current crop are better than all the others to date, the next crop could be even better if given the time to develop. need at least one generation of developed performing players to really change the culture.
Old August 20, 2011, 06:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Top post Gowza.
Old August 20, 2011, 06:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
because you want to change the culture. replacing underdeveloped players with other underdeveloped players is a cycle that could never end and it's not a good cycle as has been shown it hasn't worked for all these years. the players around the national team might be under performing but are performing more regularly than past players.

you want a culture of developed performing players, that starts from a young age but unless you develop national team players it won't change either. the current crop are better than all the others to date, the next crop could be even better if given the time to develop. need at least one generation of developed performing players to really change the culture.
i agree with you for the most part..and in an ideal world that would be the case that the players are developed at age groups and in academy before handing them caps...but there are again special cases when you spot talents at early age who may just develop quickly at the national level...go no further and look at tamim and shakib....are the guys we are talking about as special as them?..we won't know for sure without trying...what we know is that the guys like imrul, junaed and mullah not performing well....and the whole idea here is making the core players responsible and mature by allowing them to be senior while bringing in talented young players for current non-performing ones...
Old August 20, 2011, 06:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Top post Gowza.
Thank you
Old August 20, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I salute the selectors for dropping seniors like Ash,Raj & SN and let Nasir,Hom & Nazmul come in.
it was a grt move specially as the 3rd odi was the most crucial one & it almost paid off.
atm we should stick to these three and may be one more new btsman if SN or Ryad continues there poor form.
Old August 20, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Ineffective Lala was dropped in 3rd ODI, and when he came back in 4th ODI he was much effective.

That's why we need:

1. Substitute players for each position. Create competition at every slot.
2. Give an ineffective senior player a day-off or two when needed.
Old August 21, 2011, 01:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ineffective Lala was dropped in 3rd ODI, and when he came back in 4th ODI he was much effective.

That's why we need:

1. Substitute players for each position. Create competition at every slot.
2. Give an ineffective senior player a day-off or two when needed.
Most of our players take their position in the national team for granted. This has been the major reason for them not being 100 percent commited. I second this with you, competition is what makes the best come out.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 21, 2011, 05:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

obviously one non-performer can't be a replacement for another non-performer, so no ash for junaed or vice verse will work...
Old August 21, 2011, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
obviously one non-performer can't be a replacement for another non-performer, so no ash for junaed or vice verse will work...
Exactly. We need to get out of our mindset that there is no replacement beyond these old rejects. We will never find out real replacements unless we try out new players. These new players are more ready than we give credit to them. Only thing they need is opportunity and our patience.
Old August 21, 2011, 05:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Exactly. We need to get out of our mindset that there is no replacement beyond these old rejects. We will never find out real replacements unless we try out new players. These new players are more ready than we give credit to them. Only thing they need is opportunity and our patience.
yes, and i truly believe that with the younger players around, the become seniors from the young team will show maturity....i already see the change in the attitude of shakib with hom and nasir in the team...his voice sure seems to be of an older brother.