facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2008, 05:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Keep Ash as captain

It seems there have been a ton of new threads asking for Ash to be demoted. Ideally, I believe countries should stick with one captain over a prolonged period of time, because captains should be given time to adjust to captaincy. Even the best captains such as Waugh, Fleming... needed time.

Also, a captain should be consistently in the team in both forms of the game. Btw, I wholeheartedly believe Ash should be kept in the side and not dropped as he is easily our best batsmen. Think 100 off 100 balls against Aus, or 94 off 52 balls against Eng. We should back Ash to make the big scores soon.

Consider the alternatives:

Mash: He gets injured too frequently and as a fast bowler would be even more burdened by captaincy

Sakib: At 20, he will struggle even more as captain and has not performed consistently as a batsmen, he is only important because of his more than handy bowling.

Aftab: Hasn't held down his test spot. His continued brain explosions doesnt help him set the example

Razzak: Right age but not consistent test player, and bowler's generally struggle with captaincy as it is difficult to think captaincy and bowling at the same time.

Bashar: Not even worth considering, hasnt batted well in ages

S Nafees: Struggled to maintain his spot. I think he has the composure and temperament but what good is that when you are not in the team.

Overall, we have no other options but to stick with Ash and back him to score some big runs soon enough and his captaincy will improve over time. His post match comments are always going to look bad because we have been heavily losing lately and no matter what he says, he is criticized.

Old March 14, 2008, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

I agree with u on dat
Old March 14, 2008, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoilaheez
It seems there have been a ton of new threads asking for Ash to be demoted. Ideally, I believe countries should stick with one captain over a prolonged period of time, because captains should be given time to adjust to captaincy. Even the best captains such as Waugh, Fleming... needed time.

Also, a captain should be consistently in the team in both forms of the game. Btw, I wholeheartedly believe Ash should be kept in the side and not dropped as he is easily our best batsmen. Think 100 off 100 balls against Aus, or 94 off 52 balls against Eng. We should back Ash to make the big scores soon.

Consider the alternatives:

Mash: He gets injured too frequently and as a fast bowler would be even more burdened by captaincy

Sakib: At 20, he will struggle even more as captain and has not performed consistently as a batsmen, he is only important because of his more than handy bowling.

Aftab: Hasn't held down his test spot. His continued brain explosions doesnt help him set the example

Razzak: Right age but not consistent test player, and bowler's generally struggle with captaincy as it is difficult to think captaincy and bowling at the same time.

Bashar: Not even worth considering, hasnt batted well in ages

S Nafees: Struggled to maintain his spot. I think he has the composure and temperament but what good is that when you are not in the team.

Overall, we have no other options but to stick with Ash and back him to score some big runs soon enough and his captaincy will improve over time. His post match comments are always going to look bad because we have been heavily losing lately and no matter what he says, he is criticized.

why don't talk about ash:

1) lack of responsibility
2) not intellegent at all
3) not careful about his own game
4) " if the captain can't direct the ship, the ship will sink easily"
5) not understanding about the gameplan
6) thinking of wining against big teams, where big teams like SA , pakistan, NZ, Aussie don't even think about that. They just show their performance. Performance makes a team to win.

aftab is improving and showing patience in test cricket. What about ash?

Razzak's and Farhad's batting are far better than our Ash..

SN is not in form, but play better cricket than our ash..
Old March 14, 2008, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I agree keep Ash as the captain ( of the discarded, talented flawed, irresponsible cricketers club)
Old March 14, 2008, 07:02 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

yes, lets wait for another 100 ODI. Im sure he will be bound to win a couple of matches by then. We can all wait for that amount of period. Shame on all of you to question the ability of Ash. I mean after all, he does play like the way we want him to play. Oh look, Ralph Nader, actually stands a chance to win the state of Florida.
Old March 14, 2008, 07:07 PM
Cricket Sage

What the heck… ok let him be the captain as long as Ash’s fans want. I want to see how low Ash can go and still keep his ever loyal fans happy….upto the gutter? Into the tatti khana?

No doubt he will take the team with him. TEAM ? who cares? Team for Ash to rule….

So go guys and gals…. Make him the life long Captain. I am all for it.

Looks like the real TAMASHA is about to start. Fasten your seat belt…
Old March 14, 2008, 07:15 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What the heck… ok let him be the captain as long as Ash’s fans want. I want to see how low Ash can go and still keep his ever loyal fans happy….upto the gutter? Into the tatti khana?

No doubt he will take the team with him. TEAM ? who cares? Team for Ash to rule….

So go guys and gals…. Make him the life long Captain. I am all for it.

Looks like the real TAMASHA is about to start. Fasten your seat belt…
Who needs team play when we have Ash. Just wait until he scores another half century against Ireland. We will keep him captain for the rest of his career.
Old March 14, 2008, 07:20 PM
Cricket Legend

well i dont like ashraful's captaincy,he is irresponsible and not a team player (which i believe captains should have)
Old March 14, 2008, 07:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

ash should be sacked in a bos-ta and then exported to nepal. he is not a captain material. SN has it. but will he rise to the occasion?
Old March 14, 2008, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

টেস্ট সিরিজ শুরুর আগে ফতুল্লার প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচের কথা ভাবুন। বাংলাদেশ এমন ব্যাটিং করেছিল যে সিরিজ কাভার করতে আসা দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকান সাংবাদিকরা উদ্বিগ্ন হয়ে বিশাল বিশাল লেখা পাঠাচ্ছিলেন। বোলারদের এই কন্ডিশনে বলা করা আরও শিখতে হবে। আরও মাথা খাটাতে হবে। ওয়ানডে সিরিজ শুরুর আগে চট্টগ্রামে প্রস্তুতি ওয়ানডে ম্যাচটাতে বাংলাদেশ ২৪৩ রানই শুধু করেনি, টাই করে বসেছিল। অথচ তারপর সিরিজে এই হাল! সমস্যাটা কোথায়? অধিনায়ক আশরাফুল সমস্যাটা দেখেছিলেন, টিভিতে খেলা স¤প্রচারে। সেজন্য নাকি টেনশন বেড়ে যায়!

আশরাফুলদের জন্য একটা খবর। বাংলাদেশের টিভি স্বত্ব কেনা স্যাটেলাইট চ্যানেল নিও স্পোর্টস শুক্রবার বাংলাদেশের খেলাটা স¤প্রচারই করেনি। বাংলাদেশের সমস্যার কথা ভেবে অবশ্য নয়। বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটকে সমস্যা হিসাবে ভেবে!

Last edited by Ahmed_B; March 15, 2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Mod.edit: Please use the [বাংলা]'অ'[/বাংলা] button instead of increasing font-size when wirting in Bangla
Old March 14, 2008, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

first khaled Mashud, then Khaled Mahmud, and then Habibul Bashar, and now Mohammed Ashraful...we all did exactly what we r doing now with the people above. its a never ending story for BC members. everybody wants to get the result today. nobody has patience and does hard work including our players. what a shame
Old March 14, 2008, 11:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

if ash is removed as the captain, bcb is sure to make shakib the next captain but he is too young...give ash more time..its not even one year...though it was 20-20 game, we did get two victories..and i hope we get some victories against the irish so that ash can feel the pleasure of a winning captain and start working on his captaincy..
Old March 15, 2008, 01:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

Wrong Idea.
No Body Is Qualify For Captain Except Razzak
Old March 15, 2008, 01:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Ash is Irresponsible for his own acctions. After making disasterous performance in the series against SA, he calls him unlucky in front of reporter, but fails to accept the fact that he is a non-sense cricketer ! Atleast he could have said, that he needs to work on his batting, that way I would have had more respect for him, because it would seem as if was trying to improve.
Old March 15, 2008, 01:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

The less said about Ashraful's captaincy the better. To be frank, he doesn't know how to set a decent attacking field !
Old March 15, 2008, 02:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

right now we should not move him from captency but i didnt see anything from him which proves that he is capable of doing the job. I dont see he is fit for the job
Old March 15, 2008, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

There is no one else at the moment to take his place. Tobesides, he is contracted until the end of 2008 with BCB. It is also bad to change captains quickly, not good for the morale of the team. It is not yet one year since he has been captain. He was made captain just before the Sri Lanka tour last July.

Last edited by zainab; March 16, 2008 at 08:00 AM..
Old March 15, 2008, 09:14 AM

I have no problem keeping Ash as captain ... on condition ... put a tag of 'BD has no option' back on his a$$ and let him walk around the field. BD need a permanent tag of 'no option' as long as captain is concern, since our cricket history all the time we had 'no option' but Chacha, Haba, and now Ash.
Old March 15, 2008, 10:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Review and analyze the both practice matches ------ SAKIB was 100% successful as a CAPTAIN. So BCB is grooming him as our future captain.
Old March 15, 2008, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Our biggest problem is batting. Captaincy comes later. No one of current team, will make a big difference as a captain. Lets not complicate the problems further by talking about this issue.
Old March 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better
Default who cares!

Who cares about the captain our batsman do not know how to bat. Oh...btw at this time AshraDAfool is the only option we have for a captain. I hope ppl aren't thinking to make Nazim Uddin as a captain/v.captain like the practice match. But again anything is possible from our selectors Naimur/Akram aren't a good selectors
Old March 15, 2008, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

we have more pressing issue than talking about Ash's captaincy. You are talking about keeping Ash as captain. Do you think you would play him as a player if you are the captain. I have no problem that he is not scoring run (ok little bit) but I have problem the way he was getting out, throwing his wicket. Let Ash earns his place first then we could think about keeping him as captain or not. Remember HB started to score run again. (OK I am HB fan)
Old March 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
Banned

check this about ashfool's captaincy

http://jugantor.com/online/news.php?id=132518&sys=1
Old March 15, 2008, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

ash is not a natural leader.

the guy I would like to see as captain is SN. he is a gutsy player and probably has the material to be a succssful captain. he can address the media well. he grew up in a good background and from a good school. these are the qualities a captain needs. ash has none of this and probably not anyone else in the Bd team.

I am all for SN as captain, but I think he should come in the middle order both in tests and ODIs and let junaed and tamim open. having 4 left handers in the batting lineup gives Bd an extra dimension but unfortunately they are not realizing it because of lack of inspiration and a bad captain.
Old March 15, 2008, 05:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Maybe SN can be good as a captain but he is not the most important player or a
match winner like Ashraful.I don't know why u guys are tlking about SN although he just made a 66 in SA series.But Ash is a match winner & think about the matches BD won because of him. And as a captain I think he needs some more time but I can hardly think of some1 or SN deserving his place.
We shld give Ash some more time thts it.