facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2007, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

thank you Furqaan bhai. u saved me atleast 5 minutes. i was just about to look through the whole book. wat a life saver u r. i owe u. well its too late and i cant call tushar rite now. and i dont want to spend my day time minutes now anyway. i will call him dhaka time saturday morning.

Old January 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
we have a lot of potentials.
unfortunately thats just wat he have. we just have potential energy. but we dont know how to transform energy into work. actually i even forgot the equation for that. i have to check out the physics book. and then i will call tushar and tell him about that. maybe that will be of some help to him. probably he took physics a long time ago too. i dont blame him at all. actually there is too much going on. who can remember all those formulas anyway?
Potential Energy = mgh
Kinetic Energy =½mv2

He needs to convert PE = KE, that won't be happening anytime soon
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; January 26, 2007 at 01:18 PM..
Old January 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

hahahahaha,
nasif bhai, i thought so too. for some how there is a leak in the system. all those energies are going down the drain. and i dont think we will be able to find that leak soon. probably it is better to replace it then trying to close down the leak!!!!!
Old January 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Hmm.. and that less than half decent batsman has an test average of 21.82 (better than many top order batsman played for BD) and in last 5 test he avearges 27.20 with two fifty.

I think, in ODI we never utilized the potential of Rafiq as a batsman.

In any day, I'll take Rafiq over Sharif/Tapash in any pitch condition.
I am not sure if you considered the followings:

There is a huge difference between Test and ODIs. We are talking about ODIs here. Your stat of 21.82 fares nothing to his 13.51 ODI average. The last five times he had bat his average is 8 (0, 12, 7, 10*, 3) (and this is more recent).

With a 27.2 one can easily claim a middle order spot in BD lineup. But with a 8 average that point becomes mute. Let him rest for this series, enjoy the tour, be a mentor, and get ready for the WC.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; January 26, 2007 at 01:24 PM..
Old January 26, 2007, 01:21 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am not sure if you considered the followings:

There is a huge difference between Test and ODIs. We are talking about ODIs here. Your stat of 21.82 fares nothing to his 13.51 ODI average. The last five times he had bat his average is 8 (0, 12, 7, 10*, 3).
With a 27.2 one can easily claim a middle order spot in BD lineup. But with a 8 average that point becomes mute. Let him rest for this series, enjoy the tour, be a mentor, and get ready for the WC.
Tigers_eye bhai, I was just responding to the statement that ' Rafiq is less than half decent batsman who can only hit the ball around.

Anyway, we need to consider rafiq primarily as a bowler in the ODI team. In the last 5 innings for which you provided batting stat, he took 7 wickets with an average of 23.28.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

well the thing is rafique is already there. i mean he has already achieved his peak. i dont think making him play against zimbabwe is gonna do any better for him. it will just give the zimbos some practice against arm ball. rafique is gonna be in the WC team anyway. so why not play some other dude who has a 50 50 chance in getting into the team. this is a tour for experiment. not a tour to show off wat we already got.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:28 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
this is a tour for experiment. not a tour to show off wat we already got.
Let's win the first two ODI and then start experimenting. Experimenting right from the first ODI might backfire
Old January 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Its so refresing that now some fans doesn't hesitate to question the current usefullness of veteran superstars like Pilot, Bashar, Rafiq, Ash, etc, etc. when waranted. Ofcourse there are fans who still believe in these off-form stars and want them in the team regarless. But atleast ... when a star fails to perform for a while... some fans are not afaid to point that out.

I still remember a year plus ago when I used to get few hate mails when I made fun of Ash and his performance. There was a time when it was a taboo... not to critisize the superstars even when they fails for a while ..... critisizing Ash, Pilot or Rafiq's perfomance in this forum was an unofficial No No !!!!... things have changed a lot!!!!!

It just tells me.... not only our cricket team... but also the fans matured a lot....they learned how to respectfully disagee without personally attcking each other.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Let's win the first two ODI and then start experimenting. Experimenting right from the first ODI might backfire
yeah. well thats our main objective. wat i was trying to say was that plz dont make bashar or rafique play all 4 games. thats just useless.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Fazal, there's a huge difference between Rafiq and Bashar compared to Ashraful & Pilot.

Over the last year Rafiq took more wickets with better average that all his career (in both test and ODI). So, he is declining in his role isn't true.

Bashar scored one third of all the runs Bangladesh scored in test history and he continued that in this year. In ODI he averaged above 30 which is highest compared to all previous years. So, he is declining also not true.

About Ashraful and Pilot, the less said the better. Pilot is already a liability and Ash will be soon unless he realizes it.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

miraz bhai it is still true that behind the wicket pilot is still the best. so i think his performance is declining is also not true.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cricket Savant

I want Bashar play all 4 games and preferrably bat in all four games. Everytime there is an opportunity for him to practice he simply slips under the radar (dropping down the order). He lacks serious match practice and has to show he still has it. When one is out of match practice either he tends to get runout or runouts his partner or strolls between the wickets and keep on daydreaming. Against Ind or SL we need him to score a 50+ like he use to. not a less than 30.

As for Rafique, he is the best BD bowler ever to bowl till now (Hopefully in near future someone will cross him). He is the senior most member and not getting any younger. Let his old bones enjoy the Spas that harare has to offer. He has nothing to prove to anyone. He is a shoein for the WC.
Old January 26, 2007, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Fazal, there's a huge difference between Rafiq and Bashar compared to Ashraful & Pilot.

Over the last year Rafiq took more wickets with better average that all his career (in both test and ODI). So, he is declining in his role isn't true.

Bashar scored one third of all the runs Bangladesh scored in test history and he continued that in this year. In ODI he averaged above 30 which is highest compared to all previous years. So, he is declining also not true.

About Ashraful and Pilot, the less said the better. Pilot is already a liability and Ash will be soon unless he realizes it.
Miraz,
When you say "there's a huge difference between Rafiq and Bashar compared to Ashraful & Pilot." you are kind of half right and half wrong. Why? Beacuse it all depends how you are comparing them, you need to see the context someone is comparing.

For my case, I named all these players because they are
a) All super stars,
b) More or less they all contributed (multiple times) to the team at some point,
c) They all have large fan base,
d) They are no longer considered the top perfomers for the team (by some fans).

More over if we see from different point of view, someone can even claim that "Rafiq(mainly bowler) cannot be compared with Bashar(mainly batsman+captain)" and "Ash(batsman) cannot be compared with Pilot(wicketkeeper)". So I guess you realize when someone is talking about these players we need to see in which context they are comparing.

Now About Rafiq (the main discussion), I also believe with the the folks, Because:

1) Recently (in ODI) Razzak is kind of out performing Rafiq in bowling dept. Enev though that doen't mean Rafiq is doing bad with the ball.

2) With his current form, I cannot rely on Rafiq's batting and therfore hesitent to think him as an all-rounder. Due to his age, I am kind of worried when/if he will regain his batting form back.

3) As a bowler there is nothing to gain for Rafiq from this series. Therefore I would let Razzak show me how far he can go. Actually the ZIM team specifically mentioned that (during the last series) they are more worried about Razzak than any player (or something similar like that)

Therrefore if its upto me, and there is only one slot left (for spinner), I would also select Razzak over Rafiq in this series.

Last edited by Fazal; January 26, 2007 at 02:06 PM..
Old January 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
.............so i think his performance is declining is also not true.
One have to remember that a wicket-keeper is just not for keeping now a days. She needs to contribute through her batting as well. Can you please remind me when pilot last time played a match winning knock?
Old January 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
One have to remember that a wicket-keeper is just not for keeping now a days. She needs to contribute through her batting as well. Can you please remind me when pilot last time played a match winning knock?
So we need a lady wicketkeeper then.
Old January 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

How about her? Can she keep? Looks like a good batsman to me!!!

Last edited by sadi; January 26, 2007 at 02:21 PM..
Old January 26, 2007, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
yes we need a lady wicket keeper who can bat. it doesnt matter if he is good at keeping or not.
well its true in other countries that wicket keeper needs to bat. but in other countries batting is just not the main criteria. yes gilchrist is a great batsman. but at the same time he is an excellent keeper. oh sorry this example does not stand here cuz gilchrist is not "she". unfortunately i dont know any lady wicket keeper in bangladesh. guys plz help me out here.

Last edited by FaltuRidwanBhai; January 26, 2007 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: i just felt like doin so
Old January 26, 2007, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, concerntrate more on ladies cricket that's starting tomorrow. Probably they can give us a better wicket-keeper earlier (as I can see from sadi's post, we have big walls behind the stamp and there is no way ball can pass the WK if she is there ;-) )
Old January 26, 2007, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

I am withdrawing my support from BD men's cricket team and solely supporting BD women's cricket team. Go lady tigers go!!!

Sadi needs to get a medal for finding this picture. Where is Tehsin when I need him??
Old January 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

sadi bhai ar jonno ami akhoni akta medal bongobajar theke niye ashtesi daran. onusthaner prodhan otithi thakben amader shommanite doctor bhaijan.
Old January 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Bhai amake keno medan diben? Ami tho eita arekta thread theke marsi. Maf chai. Kauke dite hoile allrounder bhai re den.
Old January 26, 2007, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

tarporo....copy paste koratao to akta skill. internet a to onek tottho ase. but shaita thik moton jogar to shobai korte pare na.
Old January 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Some people think that it's gonna be a picnic series but they are wrong. I feel sorry for them. It's gonna be a good test specially for our famous batting lineup.

In the previous series we saw how scared Habibul was to bat first, and we will see what happens in this series. I pray Zimbabwe win the toss and put us in batting first in all matches that's the way we gonna see some actions. We saw how our fragile oue batting is in CT now we need to improve.

If Habibul does not decide to bat first in at least 3 matches and put a good score then leave the hope of the World Cup.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 27, 2007, 05:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Some people think that it's gonna be a picnic series but they are wrong. I feel sorry for them. It's gonna be a good test specially for our famous batting lineup.

In the previous series we saw how scared Habibul was to bat first, and we will see what happens in this series. I pray Zimbabwe win the toss and put us in batting first in all matches that's the way we gonna see some actions. We saw how our fragile oue batting is in CT now we need to improve.

If Habibul does not decide to bat first in at least 3 matches and put a good score then leave the hope of the World Cup.
Absolutely Right
Old January 27, 2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan

Hasan bhai: Rightly so. Bashar should bat first as this tour is considered as a preparation tour of the WC. Otherwise, as you said..."leave the hope of the WC!"