facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2017, 06:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ You mean Qazi Onik? He is nothing like Fizz. He had his beginners luck in the debut match, but was taken to cleaners in following two matches.

He does not have pace, a good physical built, or a sound action to develop upon.
Either him whom you just mentioned or hossain Ali, not sure which as I haven’t seen either but I’m sure one of them was mentioned to be a bit similar to fizz in bowling style...

Old December 8, 2017, 06:57 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Can't be Hossain Ali. He has speed, but very poor when it comes to control.

There was no rookie wonder pacer in this BPL.
Old December 8, 2017, 07:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
^^ Can't be Hossain Ali. He has speed, but very poor when it comes to control.

There was no rookie wonder pacer in this BPL.
It wasn’t someone touted as a wonder pacer just a young pacer referenced with fizz as having a similar style, think it must’ve been qazi onik.
Old December 8, 2017, 07:20 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Most likely. There was quite a bit of hype about him after his debut match, but it was very short lived.
Old December 10, 2017, 05:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

This is the best T20 team we could put up: Tamim, Anamul, Shakib, Mosaddek, Shabbir, Mahmudullah (captain), Nasir, Nurul (keeper), Hider, Taskin and Fizz.

It's still not good enough in comparison to the top 8 teams, but it's good enough to consistently to beat teams such as Afghanistan, Netherlands, Ireland etc. I still think Bangladesh are capable of beating any of the top 8 teams, but odds of that is 1/5. Still have a long way to go to do really well in this format despite already having 5 BPL tournaments.

Bowling attack is fine. 8 overs from Shakib/Fizz will be tough for any batman in this format more often than not. The other 12 overs may not be world class, but it's still good enough I feel. Batting is the real problem. In this format, you need to run well between the wickets as well as the ability to hit big, but it seems our batsman cannot do neither of those. With the bowling attack we have, the batsman need to aim to score well over 170 in order to stand a chance of winning. The other sides can win with scores around 150 because they have a quality bowling attack.
Old December 10, 2017, 06:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
It wasn’t someone touted as a wonder pacer just a young pacer referenced with fizz as having a similar style, think it must’ve been qazi onik.
Quote:
^^ Most likely. There was quite a bit of hype about him after his debut match, but it was very short lived.
It was more of a first impression thing. The first time I saw him bowl was against Pakistan U-19 semifinal in Asia cup. Mohammad Taha was running the show and scoring runs on the go. Qazi Onik came in bowled a few good bouncer-ish deliveries generated solid pace around 130-135 fish and bowled with a lot of maturity. He bowled a couple of solid overs which created pressure and then a wicket fell in the following overs. so from that day, I liked what I saw. give the kid some time to grow... he needs more time.
Old December 11, 2017, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Old December 12, 2017, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Haven't watched any matches, but did we uncover any talents? Only name I've seen thrown around is Ariful
Old December 13, 2017, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Couple of Academy players such as Mahedi Hasan and Zakir Hasan have done well in patches.