facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 30, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
No you haven't, in the Tests we were missing our best pacer (Roach) who is in the top three wicket takers this year from pacers,

In these ODi's we're missing Johnson Charles, Ramdin and Dwayne Bravo, all played in the 4-1 odi series win vs NZ recently and Charles and Bravo were part of the team that drew the one day series against Australia aswell.
You guys still have Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels, Keiron Pollard who are considered international class players on their day can take on any opponent.

Old November 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Anyway as for the game, we couldn't have been much poorer with both bat and ball so we are likely to see an improvement, we lost the first game heavily against Australia earlier this year too and then came back to be undefeated for three games in a row (won two and drew one although we really should have won all three),

I think we took the tigers lightly, some of the shots played by Samuels, Pollard, Thomas and Sammy were just pathetic and showed a lack of respect to the bowlers, now they've had a wake up call and i suspect they will come out all guns blazing in the next game, i'd imagine Powell and Permaul may come into the team, for who i don't know, Simmons has to be dropped though,

In closing what gives me hope is we made 199 on a bad day, so if our top order catches fire we're likely to get near 300 on a good day. which would make our attack much more comfortable.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
You guys still have Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels, Keiron Pollard who are considered international class players on their day can take on any opponent.
Yes we have some good players that faced Bangladesh, but it still wasn't our strongest line-up, thats just a fact my friend.

I mean someone like Dwayne Bravo is extremely important to our limited over teams right now, and Ramdin is much better than Thomas.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
No you haven't, in the Tests we were missing our best pacer (Roach) who is in the top three wicket takers this year from pacers,

In these ODi's we're missing Johnson Charles, Ramdin and Dwayne Bravo, all played in the 4-1 odi series win vs NZ recently and Charles and Bravo were part of the team that drew the one day series against Australia aswell.
I think Thomas is a better overall player compared to Ramdin honestly. His stats might not show it but I believe he'll be a more consistent player. Also Charles is still not a key part of the team. He's got talent no doubt but is still very inconsistent. You can make a case for Bravo but even then I think Russell is the better player. Bravo is a very inconsistent player.

So I don't really see you guys missing any key players really. All your best players played.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin

Quote:

Hello, making excuses is our old traditions after loosing the game.. Nice to see WI also following our footmark..
Hoping for a BanglaWASH... Be ready for more lame excuase like "Not playing the full strength XI..Againn" ....
Old November 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

lol one guy missing only that is Bravo and it is being said W.I. not in full strength. None of the key players are missing and I don't see how Bravo would turn the match on its head, definitely not with his medium pace bowling. With bat in hand when top order with likes of Gayle, Samuels, Pollard didn't make impact, Bravo wouldn't score a 100 right you know what I mean. Besides we are without Shakib.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
lol one guy missing only that is Bravo and it is being said W.I. not in full strength. None of the key players are missing and I don't see how Bravo would turn the match on its head, definitely not with his medium pace bowling. With bat in hand when top order with likes of Gayle, Samuels, Pollard didn't make impact, Bravo wouldn't score a 100 right you know what I mean. Besides we are without Shakib.
And don't forget Rubel who was our best pacer in 2011 in ODI's. This question should not come up. You can always make excuses about not having a full strength team. We as fans, have preference on who should be in the playing 11. Whatever team you throw out there on the playing field, you have to expect them to win, regardless of opposition. No excuses.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

That's really lame WindieFan.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Wouldn't you say unable to field your best 11 is worse just accepting the loss?

Yet another laughable thing I see happen quite often in cricket. Every team and fans at some point use that as a justifying excuse to lessen the loss.

It's called "depth chart."
Old November 30, 2012, 02:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:

Then play them.

What? They are injured?

Then the full-strength team played today. The team will be weaker with the injured players playing.
Old November 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Pollard: "It is a soft dismissal. But that's the way it is, I was just trying to play to the situation. If I get the same ball tomorrow, I will try to play the same shot as well. This time it will go to Dhaka."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/594517.html

This guy Pollard has developed quite a tongue I see. I want to know how many matches Pollard won it for West Indies. He is a good hitter all right but most of the times I've seen him throwing his wicket away. His bowling is mediocre at best. He is one of the most overrated players imo.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Lol...we didnt even field our best ODI batter who singlehandedly destroyed Australia in Cardif, Kapali the most elegant strokemaker and Shakib the best allrounder going around right now.

Not to mention Mash is just coming back after three major knee reconstructions. Four debutants. We also missed our rock/wall Rokibul. Elias Sunny is warming the bench...

As a matter of fact, at best, this was a BD A team.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Lol...we didnt even field our best ODI batter who singlehandedly destroyed Australia in Cardif, Kapali the most elegant strokemaker and Shakib the best allrounder going around right now.

Not to mention Mash is just coming back after three major knee reconstructions. Four debutants. We also missed our rock/wall Rokibul. Elias Sunny is warming the bench...

As a matter of fact, at best, this was a BD A team.
The Ash, Kapali, and Raqibul cracks are sarcasm...right?
Old November 30, 2012, 03:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Old November 30, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Anyhow, lets hope Tammoto will stop throwing his wicket after getting to a 50. Seriously, if this lad stay on the wicket until the 40th over could easily get double tons...instead of these cameos. Although, it was his onslaught today that derailed the Windies. They simply had no answers to the Tammoto Assault.

For the next match, would love to see much improved footworks from the youngster Anamal. There is no alternative to sound footworks in cricket if one to be successful in the long run. The freaks are just exceptions. The catches must be taken and support the pacers when they create precious chances. It seems Nasir has very little concentration span, too. Missed couple of certain Test tons by throwing his wicket. Mushfiq could be a little out of form. He could allow Momin bat before him. As for Nayeema...chaliey jao!

Mullah, field for the other bowlers as if your own bowling. Abul, you da man! Dont drop your shoulder. Dont be an Abul when it comes to catching or fielding. Always, expect the unexpected. Anticipation is the key. Goes for all BD fielders and catchers.

Gazi baba, mukh bondho kore chalie jao. Guru Saqlainer cheye bhalo stats target koro. Tumi parbe, inshaallah. As for Lala, C'mon Senor! Youre the oldest citizen of the side. Noone should remind you about not bowling on the leg or bowling hit-me-ball each over. Keep it tight...create pressure. You have done it before and you MUST do it now as Shakib is absent.

Ashraful tumi ghore boshe TV te tumar shagreder khela dekho.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Sarcasm pom gana?
Old November 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Yes bro, it was
Old November 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Until we string together several consecutive wins against G8 opponents, the naysayers will continue to attribute an asterisk to every victory of the BD national team. They'll dig up any excuse to denigrate our achievements. Either we didn't face a full-strength team, or our opponents had food poisoning, or they didn't care about the game, or we just got plain lucky, or aliens unfairly inserted 6-foot probes into the rear ends of our opponents (i.e. uppa de bumma).

Learn to ignore these douches, people.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:54 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

windisfan, our team also nowhere near full strength too. No Ash, No Rok, No nazza, No SN...don't know what ur smoking. if we had them, you would have lose by 10 wickets wickets today.
Old November 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

This is a 5 match series and some of us are dreaming about Banglawash.That's odd.

We have a tendency to go from glory to dust. We are still 2 wins away from winning this series. Wi had one bad day, but to think that they will have 4 more bad days is little too much IMO.
Old November 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I have failed to understand what Mr. Talya meant by near full-strength West Indies?

I though we have played against the strongest WI team possible at the moment.
Agreed. Probably this is the strongest W I team in last 6/7 years.
Old November 30, 2012, 04:25 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
"It is a soft dismissal. But that's the way it is, I was just trying to play to the situation. If I get the same ball tomorrow, I will try to play the same shot as well. This time it will go to Dhaka."
-Pollard
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/594517.html
matha nosto hoia geche ei danob er. khali chapa!
Old November 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

We win this series 5-0 unlikely but just for the sake of it, we'll go above West Indies in the ranking table. Also winning this series by whatever margin 3-2, 4-1 or 5-0, Bangladesh will have made a point they deserve to play all their future ODI series in a maximum of 5 or more games instead of the customary 3.
Old November 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
BC Editorial Team

I'd rather play 3 tests and 3 ODIs than 2 Tests and 5 ODIs
Old November 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ you do realize it's a 5-match series ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
He might thought it's a three match series!
Is it a crime to be optimistic?