facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 15, 2011, 06:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Question Can we take "Kaaler kontho" seriously?

Kaaler kontho articles are being regularly shared in this forum,
If we read these articles and compare with other news papers ,there is certainly a big difference.
Kaaler kontho articles are like the media gossip articles.
-relation between players,coach selectors
-incidents( galigalaj,angul dekhano etc)
-personality related
etc.
many of us here say that Kaaler kontho journalists practice yellow journalism.
some of us believe these articles,some ignore.

During this Zim series,too many articles from this n.paper are being posted,
the same happended during WC11.
It seems like whenever our team looks in bad shape, the journalists of KK are back in business & deliver us such news/gossip.

I'm personally tired of this so my question is can we trust them or should we ignore?is this yellow journalism or are they doing the right thing that reporters from other n.papers are not allowed to?

Old August 15, 2011, 06:28 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

if this articles are not to be trusted then i propose we completely ignore them and stop posting them here...no reason to advertise yellow journalism..this creates to much confusion
Old August 15, 2011, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

^ I second that. We should have a permanent ban of KK articles in BC.
Old August 15, 2011, 06:42 PM
Cricket Savant

^I third that (I wanted to say this in fact)
Old August 15, 2011, 07:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Is this the 'News of the world' of Bangladesh?.... They seem to know what sells ...'gossips' and 'scandles'
Old August 15, 2011, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

C'mon how can you eat without salt and spices ? KK adds flavor to our boring and monotonous discussion.

I would say, read it, laugh at it and then forget it
Old August 15, 2011, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

All these Kaler kontho news have also been repeated by other medias. Even if they don't, no newspaper can get away printing false report. A simple protest can make them apologize or taken to court. So when they write something, they definitely have proper reference/source. Take for example the news of doladoli. Did anyone from the team protest? NO. Because it's true. Then the sellection issue, they were right which many of us rejected as kaler kontho. So we shouldn't blame/reject a newspaper as a whole, every news paper has journalists who sometimes exaggerate things and those are protested by concerned people if found wrong, and they publish apologoies.

Media sometimes makes report on small evidences, to probe the issue and then gradually we see the event opening. The media may not be 100% right in it's initial report but we might discover even worse situation. It's a job of free media and they help us by doing it.

Seeing the current performance of the team, Don't you want to know more of the team to understand the reasons? KK has taken an initiative to unearth those and most of their reports have been credible till now. So, pl don't make a huge difference between KK or PA ... all are run by same quality of journalists .... Believe no media blindly, neither reject without thinking.
Old August 15, 2011, 10:19 PM
Club Cricketer

prothom alo skip a lot of news which kaler kantha publish. i like reading kaler khantha.
Old August 15, 2011, 10:48 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

A news paper is should be judged by the following in my opinion:
1. Accuracy of Reporting- articles must be based on facts and not hunches and own interpretations
2. Respect to Privacy-A balance between respecting individual privacy and feeding public interest on the issue should be maintained.

3.Presentation/Language & Tone

4.Harm limitation- here the question is whether everything that the reporter finds out should be reported or not? Should the reporter use information as a selling point even if it hurts the image of Bangladesh and damages the cricket team as a whole During the tour?

In my opinion Kaaler Kantha fails on four counts
their reporting = tabloid garbage
Old August 15, 2011, 11:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Every time I read "Saidujjaman's" report, I fee like Kicking his a$$.........
Old August 15, 2011, 11:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

I also support a ban on Kaler Kontho posts.
Old August 16, 2011, 12:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

i dont support ban of any newspaper here, it is readers discretion to choose what to read and not to read...assuming majority here are matured 'forummer'

If Kaler Kantho is doing anything yellow, banning them will be RED
Old August 16, 2011, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Kal-er-kontho theke jini news post korben, tar news tar shottota shomporke akta motamot / rating diye dile mone hoy bhalo hobe. Interesting news hishabe oneke onek shomyo post kore, but post jini korechen tini nijeo oita koto tuku bishshash koren ta jante parle onek bhalo hoy. Rating ta amon kore kora jete pare -

A - I believe it's a fact
B - Confused
C - Silly gossips

Akta news paper ke forum a ban kore deya koto ta jukti shongoto hobe, ami eta niye ektu confused. Kintu eta akdom shotto je kaler konther almost shob lekha e akdom gossip chhara kichu na. And I really like it what Crickwizard have said ==>

Quote:
i dont support ban of any newspaper here, it is readers discretion to choose what to read and not to read...assuming majority here are matured 'forummer'

If Kaler Kantho is doing anything yellow, banning them will be RED
Old August 16, 2011, 01:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Kaler Kantha is owned by Basundara Limited ! The owner of the Basumdara Limited is a criminal as we all know. During the care taker regime in Bangladesh, he fled the country and we all know how luxurious life he is maintaining for last few years by embezzling money from banks, killing folks to grab lands and so on. These criminals need a platform to propagate their agenda and in the process, blackmailing others whenever situation demands.

So, you, be the judge when you read this kind of garbage. I feel sorry for those journalists who are making a living out of this tabloid
Old August 16, 2011, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
All these Kaler kontho news have also been repeated by other medias. Even if they don't, no newspaper can get away printing false report. A simple protest can make them apologize or taken to court. So when they write something, they definitely have proper reference/source. Take for example the news of doladoli. Did anyone from the team protest? NO. Because it's true. Then the sellection issue, they were right which many of us rejected as kaler kontho. So we shouldn't blame/reject a newspaper as a whole, every news paper has journalists who sometimes exaggerate things and those are protested by concerned people if found wrong, and they publish apologoies.

Media sometimes makes report on small evidences, to probe the issue and then gradually we see the event opening. The media may not be 100% right in it's initial report but we might discover even worse situation. It's a job of free media and they help us by doing it.

Seeing the current performance of the team, Don't you want to know more of the team to understand the reasons? KK has taken an initiative to unearth those and most of their reports have been credible till now. So, pl don't make a huge difference between KK or PA ... all are run by same quality of journalists .... Believe no media blindly, neither reject without thinking.
ditto
Old August 16, 2011, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

well I don't mind of reading some gossips, at least they bring front other part of scenario to think of, it is up to reader. OH boy I loved it and lagued cazily when I read chuto huzur(shuvo) showed middle finger to a local authority woman
Old August 16, 2011, 03:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
All these Kaler kontho news have also been repeated by other medias. Even if they don't, no newspaper can get away printing false report.
No offence but this is bangladesh, mate! newspapers can do exactly what you are telling that they can't do. They can publish false news against their rival, ask for money to you for blackmailing purpose, ignore protests and fire someone for reporting the truth.

Kalerkantha is a very good fiction magazine , offcourse ...
Old August 16, 2011, 04:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
^ I second that. We should have a permanent ban of KK articles in BC.
I proposed that a long time ago during Shakib loitta incident. They not only publish false news about cricket but do it about everything. They claimed that PA editor is related to 21 august grenade attack and later had to apologise to the press council. They did that as a revenge for publishing their owners crimes. They have as much credibilty as manobjomin tbh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 16, 2011, 04:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

[QUOTE=nakedzero;1381520]Kal-er-kontho theke jini news post korben, tar news tar shottota shomporke akta motamot / rating diye dile mone hoy bhalo hobe. Interesting news hishabe oneke onek shomyo post kore, but post jini korechen tini nijeo oita koto tuku bishshash koren ta jante parle onek bhalo hoy. Rating ta amon kore kora jete pare -

A - I believe it's a fact
B - Confused
C - Silly gossips

Bad idea IMO. You either allow their sensationalized spicy news to be posted here or just ban it. Nothing in between.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 16, 2011, 05:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

No.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 16, 2011, 05:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus
No offence but this is bangladesh, mate! newspapers can do exactly what you are telling that they can't do. They can publish false news against their rival, ask for money to you for blackmailing purpose, ignore protests and fire someone for reporting the truth.
I considered that and it's a common factor for all bangladesh media/newspaper, so no need to consider it specially for KK.
Old August 16, 2011, 05:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_2007
Kaler Kantha is owned by Basundara Limited ! The owner of the Basumdara Limited is a criminal as we all know. During the care taker regime in Bangladesh, he fled the country and we all know how luxurious life he is maintaining for last few years by embezzling money from banks, killing folks to grab lands and so on. These criminals need a platform to propagate their agenda and in the process, blackmailing others whenever situation demands.

So, you, be the judge when you read this kind of garbage. I feel sorry for those journalists who are making a living out of this tabloid
Ya and all the other media owners are HAZRATs..... who other than a criminal can launch & run a news paper in Bangladesh? Come one by one with your fav news papers, i will tell you background of its owner, if you dont know.

And wasn't our PM charged for corruption? infact is there any top politician who doesnt have a corruption/criminal charge against him? you must feel pitty for urself being a citizen under such people as well.

Some people here are really claiming like BAKSHAL, ban x, ban y ...
Old August 16, 2011, 06:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Let us keep the discussion cricket related.
Old August 16, 2011, 06:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Let us keep the discussion cricket related.
agree,but our cricket is related to politics,so.....
Old August 16, 2011, 07:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Quote:
Ya and all the other media owners are HAZRATs..... who other than a criminal can launch & run a news paper in Bangladesh? Come one by one with your fav news papers, i will tell you background of its owner, if you dont know.

And wasn't our PM charged for corruption? infact is there any top politician who doesnt have a corruption/criminal charge against him? you must feel pitty for urself being a citizen under such people as well.

Some people here are really claiming like BAKSHAL, ban x, ban y ...

Please, don't get personal here. I am just telling you the fact. Just look around. Most of the decent readers are fed up with this garbage newspaper.