facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 23, 2018, 11:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
UA up at 40% in 2-3 months after my purchase.
MA further up (dont really care.. my long term play - will keep on adding more and more, 200% up from initial purchase but i added to another 4 more times)
Also bought facebook a month ago when Zuck was on trial up 20% since.

all these trades I mentioned as I did it. Not after the fact. while sp during that time remained stagnant.

and all of u newbies question my skills.
iDumb is a pro. Dude probably gives free financial advice to all of his patients.

It’s been a while since I posted in this thread. Over the last 2-3 years I have been only buying select dividend stocks. I think I’m averaging around $1,800 in dividend a year. My goal is to keep adding 1/2 dividend stocks a year, and keep reinvesting whatever I’m getting.

Old July 27, 2018, 07:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Man, this idumb guy really has anatomical issues.
Old July 27, 2018, 07:17 PM
Test Cricketer

How do you buy foreign stocks?

Wanted to buy Juventus stocks before Ronaldo signed. Their stock went up by 30 or 40%.
Old July 30, 2018, 09:58 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
How do you buy foreign stocks?

Wanted to buy Juventus stocks before Ronaldo signed. Their stock went up by 30 or 40%.
Contact your brokerage firm and see if they offer such service. I know a few firms allow international stock trading. There will be higher than usual commission and other costs associated with it however.
Old August 11, 2018, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

£1 gets you 7-8 Turkish Lari, would you buy the Turkish currency now? Or wait more to see if the pound gets you more? When the Turkish Lari goes down in the future just exchange your lari to pounds?

Not an expert on this area. Need help. Views and opinion welcome..
Old August 11, 2018, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

You mean when Turkish lira goes up against pound in future lol? Even in simple thoughts so much mistakes . You lose money when u holding lira and value of lira goes down .

Ppl usually do forex trades when they want to speculate on currency they don't actually convert actual currency ... but there is no rules u can't
Old August 12, 2018, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I don't understand this FX thing too be honest. But I went through some numbers yesterday.

I will give you guys the numbers here, maybe it will make sense, maybe not. This is an area I'm not too comfortable in, so need as much info as possible.

If on 12 August 2017, I had 500 Turkish Lari, I would get £108 return if exchanged to pounds.
If on 12 August 2018, I had 500 Turkish Lari, I would get £60 return if exchanged to pound.

My thought process is, If I can get £100 pound of Turkish Lari (820 as of today) and exchange that in the future when the rate is good like 2017, I would get £178 pound.

I am not looking at big amounts.. hence the thought process of manually exchanging..

This is something I feel, I need to start knowing/learning about, with how economies are on the edge in some of the EU countries.
Old August 27, 2018, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Market is at all time high. CONGRAtULATIONS to anyone who stayed in market anytime in the last 10 years... ignoring all the fears. Intelligence pays well.

Stocks for life.

Buy stocks now, Buy them in increment (in up market, in down market), ignore negative people, ignore dumb people, ignore timing. Believe in DATA. Be ahead of everyone else.
Old August 27, 2018, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I think I’m averaging around $1,800 in dividend a year. My goal is to keep adding 1/2 dividend stocks a year, and keep reinvesting whatever I’m getting.
this is actually not bad. Bank would have given you 18 dollars. congrants.

Any money in my bank account is dumb money. And I have been dumb keeping down payment for a house over 4 years not buying.. that money should have been in the market. It's a mental hurdle to overcome..

Thank God for Automation..

My paycheck is so automated, i actually thnk whatever is deposited in my checking is what I earn.

We should all automate at least 25% of income to various investment vehicles and live on rest. Possible on any income level. anyone who says they cant is wrong. I can prove it.
Old August 30, 2018, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

This is a fairly long thread to go over pages and dig through the inputs so I apologize if the question sounds redundant (see how I put a shield before consuming any insult from the OP )

Does anybody have any experience doing option trading? Wanna spare some hindsight for us laymen?
Old August 30, 2018, 06:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
This is a fairly long thread to go over pages and dig through the inputs so I apologize if the question sounds redundant (see how I put a shield before consuming any insult from the OP )

Does anybody have any experience doing option trading? Wanna spare some hindsight for us laymen?
what do you wana know? for what it's worth, all my investing/working experience is with options. try my best to answer any questions.
Old August 30, 2018, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
what do you wana know? for what it's worth, all my investing/working experience is with options. try my best to answer any questions.
Great, you can start from the basics.
Old August 30, 2018, 08:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Great, you can start from the basics.
kmon bhai you can just google that. investopedia.com is great resource.

if you have any questions after watching those videos/reading, i'll be happy to help you out.
Old August 30, 2018, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

One World bhai, there are two types of options--Calls and Puts. I'll give an example of how calls work. Apple (AAPL) closed at $225 today. There's a report out there that apple might unveil new iphones on Sep 12. Say you are pretty confident that this event will boost AAPL stocks to $235. There are two ways to gain from it.

i) You can buy a stock for $225 and if the stock hits $235 in two weeks you'll have made $10 on your $225 investment.
ii) You can buy AAPL CALL options with $230 Strike price and Sep 14, 2018 expiration date.
In the below URL go to the row that has 230 strike and you'll see the current price of the option (Row 24)
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL...ate=1536883200
This is currently trading at approximately $2. If the stock actually ends up hitting $235 the value of the option will go up to $7+ in two weeks. Almost the whole upside gain, which is approximately $5, is reflected in the price of the option.

You can go to yahoo finance, search for a stock and go to the options tab to get the price of options. Then you can search for the same option (Call or Put and their corresponding strike price and expiration date) in your brokerage account and purchase it just like you purchase stocks.

Puts are the opposite of Calls. If you think a stock will tank you can buy put to get more bang for your buck. As G-man indicated first you should do more research and familiarize yourself with terms such as calls, puts, strike price, expiration date, Volume, In the money, Out of the money, et al.

Also please note options are extremely volatile. I wouldn't advise options trading to anyone unless they know exactly what they're doing and the risks associated with them.
Old August 30, 2018, 10:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

^^good explanation. I would only add- the breakeven point is strike price + premium (calls) vice versa for puts.

Apart from understanding what calls and puts allow you to do, I would also suggesting learning how they are priced.

Don't have to understand black-scholes formula inside out, but understand concepts like:

time value
intrinsic value
option greeks
Implied Volaitlity
moneyness
risk profile or buying/selling options.

options let you leverage up and use assymetry to maximise your returns. Assymetry- very powerful tool.
Old August 30, 2018, 10:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

A recent trade I made:

Deutsche bank-

current price: 11.42

strike (exercise price) : 15

expiry : 17 Jan 2020 (1.5 years)

price: 1.00 (per share).

each option contract is 100 shares of the underlying. therefore one options contract @ 1$ is 1 x 100 = 100$

breakeven at expiry (key word - at expiry. i.e. when there is no time value) = 16 (15 strike price + 1 price)

for every dollar DB goes above 15, I make 100% of my return.

say at expiry - Db is at 20$. it moved 25% from 15 to 20 but i made 400% (can sell it for $4 (breakeven at 16))

but say at expiry DB is at 10$ then i lose my full investment (100%). but if you bought shares you would only lose about 10%

buying hundred shares at 15$ would cost me 1500$ but with an option, it cost me 100$ (for one contract)

at expiry i can either sell my option or get delivery of the shares and hold them for longer..

although its bit of a "race against time", it's a much better strategy for the average person on the street who is cash strapped. Can make so many trades with just few thousand buks.

then it's just matter of sit and wait
Old August 31, 2018, 10:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Thanks to both of you -men .

zman summarized it so well with the yahoo link!
Old September 1, 2018, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
LOL is this what this forum has been reduced to? Every post must ccome with a disclaimer so as not to be attacked by [REDACTED BY MANAGEMENT].

optionpundit is a good resource for beginners, although the -men explained the crux of it well.

EDIT: https://www.optionpundit.com/trading...for-beginners/
Old September 3, 2018, 03:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
A recent trade I made:

Deutsche bank-

current price: 11.42

strike (exercise price) : 15

expiry : 17 Jan 2020 (1.5 years)

price: 1.00 (per share).

each option contract is 100 shares of the underlying. therefore one options contract @ 1$ is 1 x 100 = 100$

breakeven at expiry (key word - at expiry. i.e. when there is no time value) = 16 (15 strike price + 1 price)

for every dollar DB goes above 15, I make 100% of my return.

say at expiry - Db is at 20$. it moved 25% from 15 to 20 but i made 400% (can sell it for $4 (breakeven at 16))

but say at expiry DB is at 10$ then i lose my full investment (100%). but if you bought shares you would only lose about 10%

buying hundred shares at 15$ would cost me 1500$ but with an option, it cost me 100$ (for one contract)

at expiry i can either sell my option or get delivery of the shares and hold them for longer..

although its bit of a "race against time", it's a much better strategy for the average person on the street who is cash strapped. Can make so many trades with just few thousand buks.

then it's just matter of sit and wait
I’m curious as to why you bought a call option for DB at $15? Any particular reason to be bullish about DB?
Old September 3, 2018, 05:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I’m curious as to why you bought a call option for DB at $15? Any particular reason to be bullish about DB?
It's purely contrarian and value opportunity

It's the cheapest on a relative valuation basis, almost on any metric.

It's an absolute dog of a stock, bad news 24/7 all that jazz. Literally no one wants to buy so you can get it on any price.

What goes unsaid is that these guys are slowly sitting near the top when it comes to inv banking deals and deal flow.

It has a market cap of 23bil and 0.3 price to book ratio. Meaning you are buying this company's assets at 70% discount. If db hasn't gone bankrupt by now, it's done well just to stay alive.

It's basically cheap to hold, it's cheap risk. Markets are discounting any good news. Basically you need a lot more to go wrong (in addition to what's already happened) and only a little to go right..little bit of good news and market wakes up!

I got the most longest dates option because that's where black scholes formula for options pricing "mis-prices" volatility and therefore it's price. I wana be in the game for as long as possible because who knows when the market wakes up to relaises it's discounted db too much..but when that does happen i wana make sureI'm holding it. Amd holding it in the cheapest way possible.
Old September 3, 2018, 06:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:

What goes unsaid is that these guys are slowly sitting near the top when it comes to inv banking deals and deal flow.

Interesting take. I can’t disagree with the overall analysis.

But do you really think they have a lot of IB deals in the pipeline?

The new CEO has bold ideas. But will be hard to achieve. Reducing US footprint isn’t a great idea in my opinion. 40-50% of their Corporate IB comes from US. Their subsidiary PostBank has been a drag on revenue. And recently IPO’ed wealth management section.

Its undervalued no doubt. I’ll be careful though.

I assume you are a trader. So was interested to see their take on the bank.
Old September 3, 2018, 06:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Interesting take. I can’t disagree with the overall analysis.

But do you really think they have a lot of IB deals in the pipeline?

The new CEO has bold ideas. But will be hard to achieve. Reducing US footprint isn’t a great idea in my opinion. 40-50% of their Corporate IB comes from US. Their subsidiary PostBank has been a drag on revenue. And recently IPO’ed wealth management section.

Its undervalued no doubt. I’ll be careful though.

I assume you are a trader. So was interested to see their take on the bank.
I'm not a trader lol, no trader buys options expiring 2 years out.

all that stuff you pointed out is priced in. In terms of IB deals - they are doing well off transaction deals. Debt is covered by short term assets, assets are 1.6x debt.

Reducing their US footprint/ and also London footprint to some extent can work out- it'll reduce cost base, political uncertainty. If they can concentrate on a niche operation and maximise margins, that's all we need to care about.

I want to be careful too - that's why i got an option with as much time as possible and let the market do it's thing.

it doesn't have to shoot the lights out, just do better than what the market expects, and right now the market expects it to just die.
Old September 3, 2018, 07:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
I'm not a trader lol, no trader buys options expiring 2 years out.

all that stuff you pointed out is priced in. In terms of IB deals - they are doing well off transaction deals. Debt is covered by short term assets, assets are 1.6x debt.

Reducing their US footprint/ and also London footprint to some extent can work out- it'll reduce cost base, political uncertainty. If they can concentrate on a niche operation and maximise margins, that's all we need to care about.

I want to be careful too - that's why i got an option with as much time as possible and let the market do it's thing.

it doesn't have to shoot the lights out, just do better than what the market expects, and right now the market expects it to just die.
Oh sorry. Just assumed you were a trader.

Reason I asked is coz I have been working at DB for 4 years...

Did 2 years of risk mgt of US equity derivatives and now last 2 years in revenue planning for Fixed Income and Corp finance.

So always curious to see about what market thinks of the stock price.

But time to move on to a diff bank. 4 years is long enough.
Old September 3, 2018, 07:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

oh Goodstuff!!

Maybe i'll also buy calls on your next bank