facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is he ready to play ODI?
Yes. now is the best time 30 65.22%
No. He is not Ready for ODI cricket 7 15.22%
it doesn't matter/I don't care 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 28, 2012, 01:21 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I voted no. I wanted him in the test team, but am not sure whether he would do well in the ODI. They should have waited until the next test series. I hope he does not fail and suffer a huge setback.

Hoping for the best.

Old November 28, 2012, 01:24 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
hoi hoi roi roi kolorob na uthle hoi if incase Anamul doesn't make impact. You can't expect a player everytime to perform straight away esp newcomers. I'm sure with time, he'll lead our batting.
Not everyone is made in the mold of Shakib or Nasir. Anamul does not have that kind of aura, but hopefully, he is tough inside. Test is Anamul's best format, I think. But, I don't select the team. I hope Anamul shines and become a fixture in the national team. We need a #2 and #3 badly.
Old November 28, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Everyone need to see the footage (again)of Shak and Tamim in their early days, specially Tamim...
One of the reasons why Tamim excelled was Jamie Siddons!
Old November 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Tamim batting average in ODIs is a surprising 30 but its understandable considering the style he played in his teenage years.
Old November 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

I fear that too. He might fail in odi and his door will be closed for test match for next 5 years and after 5 years, he will be considered as senior citizen,lol. Thinking too much
Old November 28, 2012, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Anam eto kotha pore, aage kou prothom ekta 50 marar aagey koyta dabba marba? If #dabba > 2, go to danguliField.
Old November 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cricket Sage

I hope his case doesn't turn into another Shuvagoto Hom case. If he does debut this series, I hope management will give him this entire series and not drop him after 1/2 games. If Anam plays he should keep wicket. That will take some pressure of our kaptan shaheb, and maybe finally he will decide to score some run. Plus Anam is a much better keeper.
Old November 28, 2012, 05:25 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

He still needs time. He doesn't appear ready for international cricket especially when quick scoring is required.
Old November 28, 2012, 05:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I hope his case doesn't turn into another Shuvagoto Hom case. If he does debut this series, I hope management will give him this entire series and not drop him after 1/2 games. If Anam plays he should keep wicket. That will take some pressure of our kaptan shaheb, and maybe finally he will decide to score some run. Plus Anam is a much better keeper.
i hope they give anamul at least 2 series, shuvagata got the one series, did decent (certainly not badly) and was dropped and never brought back. if they decide to play anamul they need to give him 2-3 series imo, they've given all of the other top order batsmen a decent amount of games so they should do the same for anamul. as far as keeping is concerned i think we should groom him as a top order batsman in all formats, so i think atm with him just coming into the team he should be away from keeping and focusing on batting. but mushy certainly needs to score some runs.
Old November 28, 2012, 07:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Granted he scored single digits in thw warm ups against mighty teams like PNG and Moldova. The against punies like Sri Lanka and Pakistan cracked some tons. I wont give up on him yet.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Granted he scored single digits in thw warm ups against mighty teams like PNG and Moldova. The against punies like Sri Lanka and Pakistan cracked some tons. I wont give up on him yet.
i believe anamul is one of the ones who will come good, but he needs a consistent run, can't play him one match, drop him the next then play him again. he needs to have a locked spot for 3 series. same with mominul, give him a solid spot for 2-3 series.
Old November 28, 2012, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Anamuls strongest format is longer format. In last 2 practice match against A team he scored 9 from 28 balls and against WI yesterday he scored 22 from 42 balls while chasing a target of 361. This shows how weak he is when it needs a quick runs. And you all know how he performed in Zimbabwe with National team in T20. So its clear he is not yet ready for international cricket yet. Specially not ready for short format. Further more he has not done anything big in the senior level(A team)yet for a debut.
Dear friends we need to be careful about his nurturing. I dont want any second Shuvagoto Hom in making.
Old November 28, 2012, 11:43 PM
Cricket Guru

why are so many people jumping on shuvagata hom all of a sudden? the guy's done nothing wrong, he performed fine for the national team when given the chance but hasn't been given a call since. he did have a bad patch after being dropped but he did comeback to form and although he's not tearing up the NCL he's still made a couple of decent scores.
Old November 29, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
why are so many people jumping on shuvagata hom all of a sudden? the guy's done nothing wrong, he performed fine for the national team when given the chance but hasn't been given a call since. he did have a bad patch after being dropped but he did comeback to form and although he's not tearing up the NCL he's still made a couple of decent scores.
You know why. Some people are not only woefully ignorant about the nuances of cricket, but love to celebrate mediocrity because they've been mediocre themselves. They resent better potential, and love to tear into setbacks and failures of such people, often by resorting to decontextualization and intellectual dishonesty. Intellectual inadequacy may also be a factor.

Some others, neither ignorant nor vindictive, genuinely don't see what we may see but they constitute a smaller number of posters with contrary opinion. They come around once they've had the chance to see what we see over a period of time. Just as we may be proven wrong.

There's also a small number sectarian morons who don't like non-Muslim players and what Bangladesh truly stands for. They want to see a Bangla speaking Pakistan or Saudi Arabia here just like their daddies in 1971.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 29, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

It seems we're way too impatient with our young players. Obviously it's understandable since some of our younger guys have failed to deliver and fans want to see wins now rather than later.

If Anamul starts playing great immediately then great but if he doesn't then we shouldn't give up on him so soon. What have our other top order batsmen done despite getting so many chances? Maybe it's a little too early to bring him in but as we saw in the Test series, our so called "experienced" guys failed inning after inning. So no choice but to induct Anamul in and back him. He's clearly a special talent and if people don't see that, well you need to give him another look because the kid can bat.

All the best to Anamul and hope he performs sooner rather than later.
Old November 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Can Anamul play the short ball bouncer? I doubt it especially now that 2 bouncers can be used per over. Can't believe Shakib is injured. We shouldn't have prepared such pathetic pitches for those test matches knowing our bowlers will just ware themselves out.
Old November 29, 2012, 10:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Lets see what Anam really is after all the BC hype.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 30, 2012, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Anam ebar dekha jabe tomar buk e himmot ache na nai. Jodi hari taile koilam gali ektao mukhe thekbe na.
Old November 30, 2012, 01:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Anam ebar dekha jabe tomar buk e himmot ache na nai. Jodi hari taile koilam gali ektao mukhe thekbe na.
Anam kotha dilo tar Sir re ijjot rakbo
Old November 30, 2012, 01:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
BC rules maaf ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 30, 2012, 03:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Not a bad innings for the debut match.
Old November 30, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

a bit on the slower side but a solid performance nonetheless
Old November 30, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Not a bad innings as a debutant... But that's far from being anywhere close to "Solid" ...
Old November 30, 2012, 09:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Not a bad innings as a debutant... But that's far from being anywhere close to "Solid" ...
agree with you, he lacks footwork, nonetheless a good innings by the lad
Old November 30, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Not a bad debut. Nervous start but he hung in there and played himself in, became more confident and gave us a glimpse his strengths as well as his weaknesses at this level.

Once the butterflies are gone, he can rotate the strike with ease and put the bad delivery away with class, usually using his superior handspeed. His footwork got better against everyone except Sammy for some strange reason. I don't know why he simply couldn't move his front foot against the underrated but nevertheless "just OK" West Indian seamer. The shot that got him out showed positive intent to hit himself out of trouble against Sammy, but wasn't necessary at that point in time. Those won't become high percentage shots until and unless you're playing him comfortably which he wasn't.

Anyway, he is a VERY SPECIAL player and one of the things that makes him special is his desire to succeed by learning from his mistakes quickly. Looking forward to seeing how he starts in the next match and plays Sammy during the middle overs.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)