facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2005, 03:34 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default A suggestion

I don't know if what I want to suggest is illegal or not, but I think it's really a fantastic idea if we can pull it off.

I can download and watch 1 hour tv series or games for free through bit comet program - using torrents.

I have no idea of how its been done, but some people can upload recorded tv series episodes like Star Trek Enterprise or others once it has been broadcasted on US.

I'm sure many of you are aware of this, and know a lot about these things than I do, it would have been just smashing if we could manage to download Bangladesh's cricket matches (in torrents) may be in parts of the past.

For example, anyone who has 1 video of 1 particular game, then we can all share the video and watch it.

P.S., by the way, I already did a torrent search on 'Bangladesh cricket' and the result was nothing.

Old February 13, 2005, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

MPAA and RIAA won't be involved if we share BD cricket matches among us. So I think our foreign resident members won't get into trouble if they use BT to d/l cricket matches.

Bittorrent protocol is the best and most reliable protocol for transfering files over Internet. It's better than HTTP or FTP, I've never had a corrupt download with bittorrent. So file sharing via bittorrent is way better than other crappy networks like Kazaa, Gnutella networks, Edonkey etc.

Edited on, February 13, 2005, 1:27 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old February 13, 2005, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Bittorrent works so well, because it divides the whole download into small pieces (piece size can be 32 KB to 2 MB) and if you have some piece, you can upload them. This is why you can upload and download at the same time with bittorrent and make the most efficient use of bandwidth. Hash checking for every individual parts makes it certain that you're not going to get a corrupt download.
Old February 13, 2005, 05:48 AM
First BC Member

OMAGO! Eto kothin kothin kotha! What's MPAA, RIAA? Anyway, I find it useful to download even in Bangladesh (even with the slow broadband connection around here) because if the file size is just about 170 odd MB, then it takes about 3/4 days to complete download. If the file size is around 350, then I can still download, but it takes a bit more time, say a whole week day/night to complete a download. Besides, there is also the load shedding problem. Moreover, the cable tvs don't show much science fiction tv series, and even by any chance, they get to show something, they completely stop showing it after just the first season.

Edited on, February 13, 2005, 10:52 AM GMT, by fwullah.
Reason: addition
Old February 13, 2005, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

I have 24/7 so called 'broadband", too. But it's better than many others, I get the same speed all time, no up/down in speed.

I could download 220+ MB/day when my connection worked at 38 kbps. Now they have reduced the speed to ~30 kbps, but I still can download around 200 megs/day if I need to. The largest single download I've ever done with bittorrert is a 1.4 GB e-book collection.

BTW, you really don't know what RIAA/MPAA is and what they're doing?? Especially MPAA is the direct enemy of bittorrent based file sharing. Many big sites have gone down because of them. To name a few, there's infamous suprnova.org, lokitorrent.com, demonoid.com, torrentbox.com etc....

Edited on, February 13, 2005, 11:07 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old February 13, 2005, 06:52 AM
First BC Member

you really don't know what RIAA/MPAA is and what they're doing?? - No, I've just recently learnt about BitComet during last semester.
Old February 13, 2005, 07:04 AM
Test Cricketer

I think it's a superb idea to share file using BT. Couple of weeks ago I tried to download a file from a link posted here by one of our forum member which eventually lead my PC to break down due to spyware/adware infection. It was such a pain in where-the-sun-doesn't-shine to get my PC back in order.
Old February 13, 2005, 08:11 AM
First BC Member

spyware/adware infection - if you're worried about that, then I think its better not to use bitcomet, because I've been hearing from my brother that bitcomet may have such spyware/adwares.
Old February 13, 2005, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
spyware/adware infection - if you're worried about that, then I think its better not to use bitcomet, because I've been hearing from my brother that bitcomet may have such spyware/adwares.
He's wrong. All popular bittorrent clients doesn't install any kind of spyware in your computer. If you still suspect BitComet, then there's open source Bittorrent clients, like ABC, Azureus
Old February 13, 2005, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
MPAA and RIAA won't be involved if we share BD cricket matches among us. So I think for our foreign resident members won't get into trouble if they use BT to d/l cricket matches.

Bittorrent protocol is the best and most reliable protocol for transfering files over Internet. It's better than HTTP or FTP, I've never had a corrupt download with bittorrent. So file sharing via bittorrent is way better than other crappy networks like Kazaa, Gnutella networks, Edonkey etc.

Edited on, February 13, 2005, 10:10 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old February 13, 2005, 11:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Very good suggestion.
Here in Japan I use 50MB ADSL and it is very fast.
Sometime I can download a full 1.4GB hindi/english movie within 1 hour.
Though it takes 2/3 hours to watch that movie.
If I were in Bangladesh I could take a initiative to share some BD cricket match?

By the way can the BD-ZIM or BD-IND match be found in VCD/DVD in our gulistan or stadium market or Computer Bhaban in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar?
Old February 13, 2005, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
By the way can the BD-ZIM or BD-IND match be found in VCD/DVD in our gulistan or stadium market or Computer Bhaban in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar?
I don't think so. Threre's not much demand of these kind of stuff, so they don't bother. But from now, some of us can record the matches with PCI TV Tuner cards, compress it with XviD + LAME MP3, and distribute it via our own bittorrent tracker.
Old February 13, 2005, 12:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think so. Threre's not much demand of these kind of stuff, so they don't bother. But from now, some of us can record the matches with PCI TV Tuner cards, compress it with XviD + LAME MP3, and distribute it via our own bittorrent tracker.
Spitfire_x86, thanks. Then who will sacrifice his/her time and labor for this poor fan? I really want to see those games....Rafique's and Aftab's heroics, Ashraful's saga.
Old February 13, 2005, 12:57 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This has been done before here in BC.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...=6460#pid78658

If we have full match highlights we will have torrents available
Old February 13, 2005, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

So Banglacricket is going to have it's own tracker and let us upload torrents?
Old February 13, 2005, 03:24 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
So Banglacricket is going to have it's own tracker and let us upload torrents?
No, torrent will be uploaded in public trackers. Usually in DesiTorrent tracker.