facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old November 2, 2014, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Case in point : Crosby blatantly hit and tripped Enroth in the paint as he was skating by. He got a two min. Rightly so. You know what happens when you do that to your goalie? People will come after you all game. None of that from Sabres. I was sitting five rows behind the net, I saw a few Sabres laughing and chatting with 87 as he was going to the box. That is disgusting.

Old November 4, 2014, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I went to the Sabres -Pens game last night. I have seen a lot of bad teams, but Sabres are by far the worst team in a long long time that I have seen. Pens possibly played their worst game of the season and won 5-0. Sabres don't even get a shot on goal. They don't even try. They remind me of 2002-04 Pens teams. But, those Pens teams had more heart. Sabres have none. They don't hit, don't skate, don't come to defend any teammate. McDavid is going to be a Sabre. No question. I would be surprised if they get more than 50 pts for the season. Its hard to feel bad for a team that don't even try. That team is full of quitters. Sorry for the harsh words, but its the truth.
Poster's curse, lol! They were remarkably resilient against us and pulled off a SO win. We outshot them 38-21, but Neuvirth kept them in the game by saving 36.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 4, 2014, 08:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Our worst first period in memory against the Sens! Not only we were outshot effing *TWO* to 16 without generating real chances, we got totally outcoached by Babcock's former assistant, and outplayed by everyone except Howard. Boy does Babcock's pregame comments ever ring hollow! We're very, VERY lucky to have gone into the break 0-0. They shut down Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Nyquist, Tatar, Abdel Kader, Franzen, AND Helm the way the GM Plant was shut down in Flint. Character time for our senior players. Babcock says nothing when he's this mad.

Anyway, always a pleasure to watch Erik Karlsson play. Easily the greatest defensive phenom since Lidstrom. Yes, I reckon he can be THAT good, InshAllah!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; November 5, 2014 at 07:58 PM..
Old November 4, 2014, 09:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Better effort in the second. We outshot them 16-7 in the period with good chances. Created some space in the period to put together some moves. The Sens didn't allow any in the first. Anderson was pretty amazing. Of course Karlsson had to score a PPG to put his team ahead 1-0.
Old November 5, 2014, 06:00 AM
Cricket Savant

The Sens are a very good team. Deserved winners as we start the month 0-1-1. Finishing has been a major concern in two straight games, and Franzen's back to his lazy, cowardly, and ineffective game. Rather than just showing up and doing nothing, he should just take the effing night off until he's in the mood to play. Kenny will never be forgiven for choosing him over Hossa. Better bounce back in NYC.
Old November 5, 2014, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Cant complain too much about the Pens right now. Since blowing that lead and the game to Red Wings, we have been stellar on defense and 5-0 in last five games. 3-0, 8-3, 3-0,5-0, 4-1- scores of last five games. MJ has them playing sound. Good road win a Minny last night who were unbeaten at home. So far so good.
Old November 6, 2014, 04:33 AM
Cricket Savant

The Rangers deserved to win. We were sloppy and took low percentage shots at a goalie of Lundqvist's pedigree. Only Gustavsson kept us in the game. 0-1-2 in the month so far.
Old November 7, 2014, 11:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Decent 4-2 win against Jersey without Datsyuk. Our first of the month. Horrible to have lost Gustavsson to injury again. This supremely talented goalie just doesn't seem to catch a break.
Old January 7, 2015, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Randy Carlyle gets the chop in TO.

half way into the season, and I am still trying to figure out what type of team we have. We have better depth this year. Crosby is having his worst season stats wise in memory. David Perron should help him. He is a good winger. The never ending injury saga continues with Pens. One player in, two players out. Thats the story. I don't doubt we miss playoffs, but I give an average B so far.
Old January 31, 2015, 03:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Pretty good first half of the season for us, but we need Howard and Gustavson back. Mrazek needs more time in the AHL. Glad to see Ouellet making the team. Hope Marchenko will too. Smith has matured and DeKeyser continues to play like a seasoned veteran. Ericsson has declined but then again, he's not top 4 D playing in the top pair. Very impressed by Pulkkinen. The heaviest shot we've had since Shany, AND he's a right hander. Another great find.

Tatar and Nyquist have been awesome, as Datsyuk and Zetterberg lead from the front. Can't say that about Franzen. I guess Kenny's still waiting for this 35YO underachiever to have that first "breakout" season. Well, Hossa was lost and we're stuck with him. So here's to hoping he performs in the playoffs. Helm, Abdel Kader, and Sheahan have been awesome also as Glendening continues to develop beyond expectation. And how about that fourth line with Miller, Andersson, and Weiss! Talk about energy and persistence. Wreaking havoc and disrupting the opposition's top lines every time they hit the ice.

It would be nice to go deeper into the playoffs this season.

Speaking of playoffs, at Asgard. "Just two years away" from winning the Cup as usual. 1967 guys, 19 effing 67!
Old January 31, 2015, 08:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Salaam Sohel bhai. Apney koi koi thaken? Missed you.

Beamer, ^ is your twin.
Old February 9, 2015, 08:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Hopefully the Leafs don't take the shortcut this team. Time to tear it down and go for a full rebuild. Kessel will probably get dealt at the draft. I think we will get max value for him then, since he has a long term contract.
Old February 10, 2015, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

So great to hear from you LeasPWN. Yes, no question that Leafs will do a complete overhaul. It baffles me why Leafs aren't able to compete if you look at the quality of players. Kessel will get dealt ( too much media scrutiny ) along with probably Lupul, Bozak, Clarkson ( who will take him with that cap hit ? ). I would really like JVR here, but he is the only one that probably stays put along with Morgan Reily. Winnik could be a Pen.

Pens are still playing here and there. Not good enough. The damage done by Shero ( empty cupboard ) and Disco will take two years to undo. We have bad third and fourth lines that do not drive possession. Too reliant on top two lines. Teams like Rangers, Isles and Caps are killing us this year because of their depth. I think JR make another trade or two before deadline. Losing Matta for season completely changed the defensive outlook. Pouliot is playing well but he is too young for playoffs. I don't know about us this year. I say we win maybe one round and that is no certainty. Lot of bad contracts given by Shero to older declining players like Kuntiz and Scuderi. So, I have not much expectation this year.
Old March 10, 2015, 11:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Hey Beamer bhai. Din kaal kemon choltese? I've been away from BC because of the lack of BD cricket. WE MADE IT TO THE ****ING QF. SUCKING IT ENGLAND

You guys added the right guy in Winnik for bottom 6. This guy was ruining our tank with his hard work and PK. Hows he paying off for you guys?

I've gotta say I'm really happy with the deadline haul. We got great returns for all of our players and got rid of that Clarktard contract. Nonis still needs to be canned, but he did well to save face. Gonna be a fun off season with us trading Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak and the remaining clowns. Want Kessel? :P
Old March 11, 2015, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru

bhaloi choltese bhai ! tumi kemon ? Yes, making it to the QF is huge, and much needed IMO. Very happy.

Winnik has been great actually. Sutter is crapping the bed as his weak play along the board is ruining momentum. Winnik plays with him so he hasn't scored much. But, I tell you, those two are great defensive players. Winnik is real good in PK. Smart player who reads well. He has been very good. There is talk of him moving up. I think he is real close to scoring some big goals.

Toronto did well in the deadline. I never thought someone will take Clarkson and BJ's did. Horton status is up in the air, but better off ridding Clarkson. Kadri is in doghouse now. Kessel? I don;t know. That salary! I don't think we have the assets or the draft picks. I like JVR. But, Leafs will be insane to trade him. In the East, I don't see how anyone can beat Rangers. They are flawless. Pens don't score as much like we are used to, but defensively, its a much better unit. Lets see. I still say a first round exit for us. Lack of scoring from bottom two lines will be too much to overcome.
Old March 12, 2015, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Yandle isn't doing anything, we're winning despite of him. The Power Play Still sucks

We gave up Duclair, who would have been a rock star in the city.

Playoffs such a crapshoot, I'm scared that we're peaking too soon. I hope we win it all one of these next 2 years ... Would make trading Lundqvist not seem like a Sin, cause we have no future, no draft picks.

I want a Isles/Rangers Playoff Series to close out the Coliseum
Old March 13, 2015, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Man..you guys win every game. Like I said, I find few faults with Rangers team this year. I don't want Rangers in first rd. I would much rather play Isles, even though they handed to us this year.

Look out for Boston. They are coming strong. I think the East is pretty much booked. Too much separation from the top eight to 9,10,11 seed right now.

West is still open and LA will take the no.8 spot, which must be a scary sight for most teams.

Wonder what happened to Sohel? I thought the demise of Leafs would be too much for him to stay away
Old April 9, 2015, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Could this be the year of New York? Don't watch the sport, but the amount of coverage Rangers/Islanders are getting on sports radio if one of them were to win, that could change for me and many other fans who root for all things NY. Hope Rangers can avoid Boston in the first round as they're on a mini roll heading into the playoffs.
Old April 11, 2015, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

5 Canadian Team (out of 7) into the Playoff.
Ottowa done it today!
Calgary playing after 6 years! Go Flames!
Old April 13, 2015, 12:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Getting 2012 Vibes with the Pens ...

If we get passed them, I think we'll make a return back to the SCF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Could this be the year of New York? Don't watch the sport, but the amount of coverage Rangers/Islanders are getting on sports radio if one of them were to win, that could change for me and many other fans who root for all things NY. Hope Rangers can avoid Boston in the first round as they're on a mini roll heading into the playoffs.
Rangers have plenty of Support and with the Coliseum closing up shop. The Isles will have plenty of support.

Hopefully they both of them advance to the 2nd round, it's always fun when Rangers/Isles/Devils meet up in the Postseason.
Old April 23, 2015, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^With the Rangers leading Penguins 3-1, Beamer bhai mone hoy bhoye bhoye ase
Btw what's all this talk about Penguins playing dirty? Is there any merit to it?
Old May 6, 2015, 12:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Hope the Caps take it this year. Will end up being Blackhawks again this year.
Old June 13, 2016, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Boom ! Pens Pens Pens Pens Pens Pens !!!!!!!
Old June 13, 2017, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Boom ! Pens Pens Pens Pens Pens , again ! Life is good ...
Old June 13, 2017, 11:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Nashville got cheated. Welcome back Beamer!! Where is your twin? Sohel bhai has left us for good?