facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2011, 03:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default Bangladesh Coach Stuart Law Is Confident

"I believe we can win the series.............." Bangladesh coach Stuart Law is confident ahead of the series.

The Daily Star: Law is also faced with a big challenge as many think that this series will provide a concrete impression of his strategies and plans for the Tigers. Compared to his first assignment the Australian got ample time to prepare the team for the series against the Caribbean cricketers. As a coach he has a plan, and now everyone will be scrutinising how his plans are translated into action in the middle by his charges.

Each and every coach has their own mantra and Law is no exception. “It's about playing smart cricket,” were the words from the Australian when he talked at the official press conference.

“I'm trying to bring about some changes. Bangladesh have been at the same level for some time,” added Law.

Now everybody has to wait to see what new changes are brought through Law's “smart cricket” mantra.

WI are the closest ranked team to us. If we cannot win this series at HOME then we must surely return to the drawing board with what we are doing? Last year we smoked NZ 4-0.

I think it is safer to say we HAVE to win this series Law bhai if we are moving forward after SidVision. After all, SidVision was not retained because the BCB wanted an improvement in results. I am not sure it's SMART CRICKET that wins, but GOOD CRICKET. And also having a belief and no fear. If you do the basics better than the opposition, you usually win. The problem has been that BD hasn't even done the basics right so not sure about 'being smart' comment. That sounds a bit ambiguous and general. Get the basics right and be professional, then we will win.

It would be a complete disaster to lose a home series against West Indies in our own back yard.

Old October 11, 2011, 03:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Law is good.
Old October 11, 2011, 04:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Let's see what strategies and "smartness" can Law show for the game plan against West Indies!

Good Luck Stuart Law!!
Old October 11, 2011, 09:11 AM
Banned

amazing 6 by Mushy!!!!!! what a meal the batsmen made of it...but wow what a hit
Old October 11, 2011, 09:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Now happy LBW?
Old October 11, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Now Law is the best coach ever !

j/k
Old October 11, 2011, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Carry on Law bhai.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old October 11, 2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Now happy LBW?
Not at all.. happy for the win of course. The manner of it is far less satisfactory. Well bowled by the team, that was good. Mushy's innings was wonderful. But the batting TOP 5 again looked the same as always and joking apart this has to be a worry for us all.

I didn't see the "smart cricket" the batters have been working on at all. Chasing down 133 in 120 balls is hardly a test, and against a team bowling with a wet ball in the dew as well.

It's a win and a win is great. So let's celebrate that because we would have lost if Mushy got out.

Deeper issues here I am afraid and no sign of the batting line up getting to grips with batting professionally. Still, we rumble on to the ODI series and let's all pray from something far, far better from the batters. But we have said this consistently for the past few years or more.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ami jantam amra jitb0!
Old October 11, 2011, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

LBW bhai, I think you need to contact the BCB and ask lotus to step down for you...
Better yet, apply to become head if the ICC.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea

Law is good.
I hope you are not saying Law is blind.

Justice is blind, but Law is good.
Old October 11, 2011, 11:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

some ppl are never satisfied... if we lost then maybe they would want to crucify the coach but when team wins nobody gives any credit to coach...
Old October 11, 2011, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Yes, some people do have high standard and thats their prerogative.. I am happy that we won but had this score been 170 or 180 like a typical T20s are,, I dont think we could see any reason to feel happy. Again, take the win factor out,, why should we get happy other than Mushfique's innings and bowlers hard work ( which BD always had anyways). The way, Tamim, Naeem, Alok batted and didnt take the singles,,, I wont say that we played that 'smart cricket'. I personally didnt see anything new in this new team, same ole wasting delivering, fishing outside off stumps, hitting ball at the fielders, not keeping cool when mattered by top orders..BUT We won that's the most important part !!
Old October 11, 2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
LBW bhai, I think you need to contact the BCB and ask lotus to step down for you...
Better yet, apply to become head if the ICC.
Banglaguy, just because I don't get carried away with this win no need to be sarcastic bhai. A win is welcome yes, under any circumstances.

But not all of us on here are just grateful for a win every 10-20 games and believe that with the population of 160m, the passion, the fan base and the talent, that BD really should be doing far better.

I give credit where it is due but also try to shine a light on potential issues as well. There are many of them. I am not juvenile enough to be swept along with one win and say everything is alright when it isn't after 10 years of test cricket failure.

There are many problems in BD, not least the BCB and the attitude of some of the big 'stars' in the side. I wanted a strong coach who would whip the sissies into some shape. Yet I will be the first to congratulate everyone if we win the ODI series.

If people don't understand cricket then they will not understand what I am saying. It starts with a strong coaching staff who know what they are doing. Crawling past a poor West Indies team thanks to super human effort by Mushy in a match that should have been won easily, at home, doesn't float my boat I'm afraid.

At least Dhakablues (above) gets it in a way you clearly don't.
Old October 11, 2011, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
some ppl are never satisfied... if we lost then maybe they would want to crucify the coach but when team wins nobody gives any credit to coach...
What credit to the coach? That Mushy won the game on his own because the TOP 5 let us down yet again? Did you see any 'smart cricket' we have been reading about from the batters? I didn't. Just the same stuff we all get disheartened about.

We can accept a loss, and a win of course - as long as the team shows professionalism and plays great cricket. This game was messy and the batting, which is the area of the BIGGEST concern, was below average. This is after 3 months of expert coaching. I hope it gets better than that, I really do.
Old October 11, 2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Yes, some people do have high standard and thats their prerogative.. I am happy that we won but had this score been 170 or 180 like a typical T20s are,, I dont think we could see any reason to feel happy. Again, take the win factor out,, why should we get happy other than Mushfique's innings and bowlers hard work ( which BD always had anyways). The way, Tamim, Naeem, Alok batted and didnt take the singles,,, I wont say that we played that 'smart cricket'. I personally didnt see anything new in this new team, same ole wasting delivering, fishing outside off stumps, hitting ball at the fielders, not keeping cool when mattered by top orders..BUT We won that's the most important part !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Banglaguy, just because I don't get carried away with this win no need to be sarcastic bhai. A win is welcome yes, under any circumstances.

But not all of us on here are just grateful for a win every 10-20 games and believe that with the population of 160m, the passion, the fan base and the talent, that BD really should be doing far better.

I give credit where it is due but also try to shine a light on potential issues as well. There are many of them. I am not juvenile enough to be swept along with one win and say everything is alright when it isn't after 10 years of test cricket failure.

There are many problems in BD, not least the BCB and the attitude of some of the big 'stars' in the side. I wanted a strong coach who would whip the sissies into some shape. Yet I will be the first to congratulate everyone if we win the ODI series.

If people don't understand cricket then they will not understand what I am saying. It starts with a strong coaching staff who know what they are doing. Crawling past a poor West Indies team thanks to super human effort by Mushy in a match that should have been won easily, at home, doesn't float my boat I'm afraid.

At least Dhakablues (above) gets it in a way you clearly don't.
Well said
There was nothing out of ordinary in today's match. Though, fielding was a bit better than the past which is a good sign.
Old October 11, 2011, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

LBW made some good points and there is no point denying it constantly.
Law has lot to prove and I hope he will in time. But the team did look organized, its just we crumbled under pressure, which is normal. Give the coaching staff some time, and let them prove their worth.
Old October 11, 2011, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

To be fair to Law, T20 isn’t the correct form where strategies or plans can be displayed at full length. It’s a crash boom bang cricket where one over can end up determining the fate of the game. Just as the loss in today’s game would not have been Law’s fault the credit must not be given to him either for the win.
Others have tried and failed to shape our batsmen or the whole team for years, it would be unfair to expect anything this early from Law. So let’s wait and see how our team plays in the 3 day one day series then we can be the judge.
Old October 11, 2011, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I'm pretty happy with law so far. A much much better approach than the previous and he is much beter in identifying players abilities. Not talking nonsense at all.
Old October 11, 2011, 02:36 PM
Cricket Savant

elbee bhai you seriously need to format your first post...overlapping color makes it seem you quoted the smart part about DS... <---BAD example of a format [hint]
Old October 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
Cricket Sage

I am also very happy so far with Law. Under him Ash is getting some run.

If Ash stop getting run again and get dropped again, I will be mad at Law again. At that point I may ask for Law's head.

Until then Law can stay.
Old October 11, 2011, 02:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I am also very happy so far with Law. Under him Ash is getting some run.

If Ash stop getting run again and get dropped again, I will be mad at Law again. At that point I may ask for Law's head.

Until then Law can stay.
lol Ash bash.
Old October 11, 2011, 03:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Fielding looks great coach. Occationally "faltu" short hop is something the whole bowling unit needs to worry about. Batting you know that already.
Old October 11, 2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
To be fair to Law, T20 isn’t the correct form where strategies or plans can be displayed at full length. It’s a crash boom bang cricket where one over can end up determining the fate of the game. Just as the loss in today’s game would not have been Law’s fault the credit must not be given to him either for the win.
Others have tried and failed to shape our batsmen or the whole team for years, it would be unfair to expect anything this early from Law. So let’s wait and see how our team plays in the 3 day one day series then we can be the judge.
Sadly, Law bhai is batting coach and successive batting Aussie coaches have made little difference. In 3 months of nets, practice matches, discussions, filming, observation etc etc etc etc should we not expect any difference at all?

After the 4-0 defeat NZ had against us, they changed the bowling coach (unfortunately Jurgensen) and brought in Alan Donald and made the semi finals of the WC. Pont and Fountain gave us 7 wins out of 8 at the end of 2010 within 3 months of arriving. So good coaches CAN make a difference.
Old October 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Sadly, Law bhai is batting coach and successive batting Aussie coaches have made little difference. In 3 months of nets, practice matches, discussions, filming, observation etc etc etc etc should we not expect any difference at all?

After the 4-0 defeat NZ had against us, they changed the bowling coach (unfortunately Jurgensen) and brought in Alan Donald and made the semi finals of the WC. Pont and Fountain gave us 7 wins out of 8 at the end of 2010 within 3 months of arriving. So good coaches CAN make a difference.
Calculate the difference you saw in last four years, divide by 16 and you get 3 months progress. I don't see 4 years progress without microscope, how would you see 3 months progress?

Yet, let the series be over to see the effect of his three months. If any difference you see even that won't be due to batting coaching, but mostly due to his influence on player's mindset/approach etc only.