facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 4, 2013, 02:03 PM
Club Cricketer

BDFlag <------------- BPL 2013 Fantasy -------->

I have set up a small app for Fantasy BPL T20. You can either download a free app in your Android device from Google Play, or play it on the web (Firefox recommended).

Fantasy teams can be setup till the end of 1st Round (21st January). After that teams will be frozen. This should allow ample opportunity to get the Pak player uncertainty settled before you choose a team.

Beware - the app is still under development. So there can be some quirks. I will be grateful if you can give me suggestions to improve it or report bugs - just post it in this forum.

Last edited by fiate2000; January 6, 2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old January 4, 2013, 11:45 PM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Really Nice Job
Some points suggestion:
1. bowling point for 1 wicket: 30/35 (50 seems inappropriate considering 1 run= 1 point)
2. batting bonus point for 4 wicket haul: 30 (since 5 wicket haul= 50 bonus points, 4 wicket haul points should be little close to that)
3. MoT=500 (1000 seems a bit too much)
Old January 5, 2013, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Interesting but bit confusing. Well, how many teams one can make? And as said earlier the points are bit biased. However nice to see the initiative.
Old January 5, 2013, 05:04 AM
Club Cricketer

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.

I am keeping an open mind about points, see what others say. Points can be tweaked till the tournament begins - so there is time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
Really Nice Job
Some points suggestion:
1. bowling point for 1 wicket: 30/35 (50 seems inappropriate considering 1 run= 1 point)
As Bowlers will be penalised for run conceded, I have set the point per wicket higher.

Quote:
2. batting bonus point for 4 wicket haul: 30 (since 5 wicket haul= 50 bonus points, 4 wicket haul points should be little close to that)
5 wicket haul is a rare feat in in any form particularly in T20, so it should be duly rewarded. The effort needed to get one more extra wicket becomes more difficult when one already has 4 wickets.

Quote:
3. MoT=500 (1000 seems a bit too much)
OK - I will reduce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Interesting but bit confusing. Well, how many teams one can make? And as said earlier the points are bit biased. However nice to see the initiative.
Since the app is also available on the web, restricting number of teams / user is not feasible. So one can make any number of teams.

EDIT -> I could have for e-mail address or such, but decided to keep it simple. I will only ask for user info (name, e-mail) for the top five teams at the end and if users agree, they will be made published on the app, website and in this forum. <- EDIT

If you have confusion re other point, ask away. I will respond here and also clarify the rules on the app itself.
Old January 5, 2013, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Thank you for the explanation, another thing is, most of the players are titled as all rounders, say for example abdur razzak, junaid siddique etc, and the max limit for all-rounders is 5, it is hard to find a true batsmen and bowler, hope you will fix those.
Old January 6, 2013, 04:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Thank you for the explanation, another thing is, most of the players are titled as all rounders, say for example abdur razzak, junaid siddique etc, and the max limit for all-rounders is 5, it is hard to find a true batsmen and bowler, hope you will fix those.
Initial player roles were popolated based on each player's batting and bowling history in CricInfo. In the cases, players have both batting and bowling experience they were marked as Allrounder. Obviously this is too simplistic. I am modifying the palyer role.

You should get a better role description soon. Check out later today.
Old January 6, 2013, 04:52 AM
Banned

how do i join?
Old January 6, 2013, 06:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainBD
how do i join?
No need to join. You can just add your team By clicking "Add a fantasy team" button and then chssoing a team name and password.

Also check out the rules for details on how to add players etc.
Old January 8, 2013, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

good job, wish u have a list of category (players role as batsman/bowler/allrounder). anamul haq is missing from the list

Last edited by Max100; January 8, 2013 at 09:14 AM..
Old January 8, 2013, 09:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
good job but its difficult to change player. dont know who is batsman and allrounder, after u select one player then if its mismatch--its hard to replace but good job made this fantasy game
Click the X button beside player name to delete him. Do you have a suggestion to make it easier? I will implement it if possible.

After you type in and/or select a player name in the select textbox, press player info button to see the player role. Allrounders, batsman, bowler and wicketkeeper are clearly shown.