facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 22, 2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Re-election of another slave of tea party.

Old January 23, 2012, 12:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Newt has no right to get on a highhorse with regards to the media, politics and his private life...not after a Newt led Congress tried to impeach the president for getting his freak on(Bill - the real 1st Black president).
Old January 23, 2012, 06:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Old January 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
Banned

A gay guy? more chance of Ron Paul becoming president(and he has NO CHANCE)....hehe.

* I know it's a joke.
Old January 24, 2012, 09:43 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Getting energized by watching him speak. He is almost back to 2008 mode! Go Obama go.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old January 24, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXOkV...eature=related

Old January 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

The dude in 2:05, is he confessing to being a neo-Nazi?
Old January 26, 2012, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Sometimes when they talk about Quran they sounds like they are some kind of Republican Hafiz who knows it inside out.
Old January 26, 2012, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Pat Robertson is our Golam Azam. Our cross to bear (pun intended).
Old January 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
alF,

Unfortunately, there is this obsession both among the public and the media for glimpses into the candidates' private lives. Personally, I feel (and yes, I know, most of the populace doesn't agree with me) that a candidate should be judged on the merits of his/her policies and his record in either the legislature or governance, not on his/her boudoir peccadilloes. Several notable US presidents would never have been elected if they had been subjected to similar scrutiny.

Note that I am just making an observation. This should by no means be construed as an endorsement for Gingrich.
Personally, I disagree with Gingrich's morals. Sure, people make mistakes, and adultery is a mistake. Granted a rather hard one to make, provided one didn't just trip and fall and find his phallus embedded inside a stranger's vageegy (is that a proper medical term?). Well, when Eminem said it, it was funnier.

But for the American population to bitch about a candidate's sexual morals being the reason for him being unfit for office is like a chor or dakait complaining about the lack of honest politicians in Bangladesh.

There are many reasons why Gingrich should be committed to a psych ward, or at the very list thrown in the dust bin of racists and bigots, but his marital infidelities are the last reason to bar him from public office.

Now if this was a Christian (or Islamic) state, one would have a logical reason for wanting to keep the likes of Gingrich, Edwards, and Clinton away from the White House.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure the American population is bitching as much as the press or the other candidates are. The American public is more forgiving these days. The irony or hypocrisy of Gingrich's rant is that he led the impeachment wolf-pack going after Clinton's hide.

Last edited by Zunaid; January 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM..
Old January 26, 2012, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Old January 26, 2012, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Old January 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Out of all the republican contenders, I think Ron Paul stands out as normal.

But at times I find him too naive. On one hand you got these over-paranoid islamophobes hell-bent of wiping Islam off the map then you got this laid back guy (RP) who has a total "hands-off" approach in foreign politics.

Take the video with Giuliani for example where he goes "Why are we supporting their dictators".

When a dictator runs a country you don't have a choice but to deal with him. He is the head of state whether you like it or not. If there is no opposition from within the country you can't just say "I wont deal with you because you are a dictator".

Pre-January 2011, there was no opposition to Hosni Mubarak. As soon as Arab Spring started, there was an alternative to Mubarak and US quickly acknowledged and told him to step down. So I don't see what Ron Paul was complaining about really.

The same applies to Libya and now Syria.
Old January 26, 2012, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i support higher tax. there should be a flat tax of 40 percent on everyone.
Old January 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I'm not sure the American population is bitching as much as the press or the other candidates are. The American public is more forgiving these days. The irony or hypocrisy of Gingrich's rant is that he led the impeachment wolf-pack going after Clinton's hide.
No real disagreement there. Frankly, both you and I know that if the press reported matters factually and accurately (i.e. did not feel a need to "balance" perspectives from one side with claims from the other, regardless of how ridiculous one of these views might be), there really wouldn't be much of contest when it came to elections or primaries. But creating a situation where it's a close race keeps the public in suspense and ends up being more profitable for the media.
Old January 26, 2012, 11:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Well I think it resonates a lot with the "family values" brigade, at least down here in the South. Ironically, I agree with most of what these "value voters" say from a social standpoint. Although I'm not the homophobe I used to be in my younger and pre Neuroscience days, but I'm just as staunchly against abortion.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 27, 2012, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Well I think it resonates a lot with the "family values" brigade, at least down here in the South. Ironically, I agree with most of what these "value voters" say from a social standpoint. Although I'm not the homophobe I used to be in my younger and pre Neuroscience days, but I'm just as staunchly against abortion.
Just curious, alF, how do you feel about contraception?

Oddly enough, it's the so called "Red States" e.g. several in the South, with this emphasis on "family values" which have higher rates of teen pregnancies and divorces compared to the "Blue States".

A rather cogent analysis of this phenomenon is presented in the book Red Families v. Blue Families: Legal Polarization and the Creation of Culture by Naomi Cahn and June Carbone. Backed up by rather convincing data, the authors argue that we now live in a post-industrial period, where blue collar work makes it difficult to remain in the middle class. People who constitute the "Blue Families" tend to cohabit but marry later in life (late 20s and 30s), thus being able to complete their education (thereby being more successful), making more rational and mature decisions about who they marry, and marrying individuals who are similarly "successful". In contrast, by insisting unrealistically on chastity before marriage, the "family values brigade"/"Red Families" effectively ensure that their children get pregnant earlier, leading to teen childbirth and shotgun marriages. Needless to say, these marriages are frequently not successful, resulting in the higher divorce rates. Note also the toll that such pregnancies and early marriages have on individuals' chances of completing their education, and thereby having a "successful" career.

Now, it is the availability of contraceptive measures, and in the rare instances when they fail, abortion, that allows members of the "Blue Families" to delay marriage until they are actually "ready" -- hence my question to you, alF: how do you feel about contraception?
Old January 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Why would your wife make a great first Lady? WTeff CNN. Confirms my belief this whole thing is a beauty pageant. No issues dealt with but lots of big words used.
CNN is just another garbage media like Fox....

Who needs Jon Stewart, Colbert or the SNL for a laugh!!
Old January 27, 2012, 10:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

01/26/12 Florida Debate transcripts from Time. This part is great.

98 minutes. A self-described Palestinian in the audience, as part of a question about Middle East Peace, says, “I’m here to tell you we do exist.” Romney responds by saying, “It’s the Palestinians who don’t want a two-state solution.” This is not true. The Palestinians have gone to the United Nations demanding just such a thing, though they differ with Israel about borders and conditions. Gingrich repeats his previous claim about Palestinian invention. “It was technically an invention of the late 1970s, and it was clearly so. Prior to that, they were Arabs. Many of them were either Syrian, Lebanese, or Egyptian, or Jordanian,” he says. By that standard, Americans are an invented people too. But no one points this out.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2012/01/27...#ixzz1kflU0t1l
Old January 29, 2012, 07:34 AM
Banned

This should be the slogan Obama uses this year

"Republicans have led the effort to privatize profits and socialize losses....time middle america got a fair deal"

I'm F6_Turbo and I approve of this message.
Old January 29, 2012, 05:16 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Had a lol moment!

Quote:

Why does Newt Gingrich want to build a moon base? Because he’s an alien, of course

Newt Gingrich may have surprised a lot of folks with his announcement that he wants to put a permanent base on the moon. But maybe they shouldn't have been surprised. After all, the original Men in Black film revealed to the world that Gingrich is actually an extraterrestrial.
Thanks to eagle-eyed readers Jared and Tim for spotting Gingrich's mug in the MIB's alien monitoring screen. So what plans does alien Gingrich have his lunar base? Is it a way to get around the MIB's pesky customs agents? Or will it be a launching point for Gingrich to return to his home planet?
I suppose there's no use asking for his long-form birth certificate, though. I imagine MIB has a crack forgery division.
Image from Jared D. Weiss.
Source
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old February 1, 2012, 02:36 AM
Banned

MRom romps to big win in Florida(50% of the votes) - the Super PACs did their work, completely destroyed Gingrich - he needs Santorum to go away and fast, if he hopes to catch MRom.
Old February 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
Banned

So if Santorum wins in Michigan, does Romney start to get worried? I might just never go back at this rate

All the polls have Santorum ahead, and even nationally he is up by an average of 6 points.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1589.html
Old April 1, 2012, 10:29 PM
Cricket Savant

I sincerely wish no Republicans get elected. Santorum is pure evil. But my intuition is Obama will fall and it will be end of the world with some conservative new world order.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles