facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2006, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

They will be complacent after thrashing Zim like that. He is trying to guard against that. Good for us if they take us lightly. Despite all their batting talent, they are as fickle a batting line up as one can ever find among the top eight teams. If they click, they can murder any team but at the same time they are prone to humiliating brain cramps. Hopefully, we catch them doing exactly that. We have to play out of our league at least for one game. Anything can happen guys...

Old October 10, 2006, 01:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Smile "Lara wary of Bangladesh"

Here is an article by the Jamaican Observer about the upcoming match.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...BANGLADESH.asp

JAIPUR, India (CMC) - West Indies are aiming to confirm their place in the main draw of the ICC Champions Trophy when they tackle Bangladesh in the fourth qualifying match tomorrow at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
West Indies are the provisional leaders in the race for one of the two places in the main draw of the competition, following their emphatic nine-wicket victory over Zimbabwe in a low-scoring affair on Sunday.
Another victory would guarantee Brian Lara's side a spot alongside the six teams that are already confirmed in the first round.
Bangladesh are looking to rebound from a 27-run defeat in the opening qualifier against Sri Lanka, and they have indicated strongly that they are looking to spring an upset which has not gone unnoticed by Lara.
"I think that it is very important to encourage the teams that are not up there in the rankings," the West Indies captain remarked.
"They want to get out there and play against the best teams in the world, and this qualifying competition is another opportunity for them to spring a surprise on anybody.
"Bangladesh is a team that has beaten Pakistan and Australia, so you have to keep an eye on them."

West Indies travelled from Ahmedabad to Jaipur via Mumbai late today and are quietly confident and in very good spirits after the victory over Zimbabwe.
"We came here to win the match, to win emphatically, and we did it," Lara said.
"In preparation, we worked on all facets of our game, and it is very important when you get out there to express yourself. We weren't short in any department, and as the captain, I'm very happy with the position we're in right now."
West Indies have a few mild concerns hanging over a few of the players, with Dwayne Smith suffering from the flu, Runako Morton recovering from it, and Ramnaresh Sarwan also affected by a sinus infection which caused him to sit out the final practice session leading up to the match against Zimbabwe.
"Sarwan and Morton are both recovering well, while Smith is continuing to receive medication and treatment from the physio," Lara said.
Bangladesh have never beaten West Indies in a limited-overs international, but the Tigers have steadily improved in world cricket, and gave a hard time to Sri Lanka before conceding defeat in the competition opener.
The Bangladeshis, however, would recall their last series against West Indies in the Caribbean, when they were very competitive, and ran their opponents very close in the three matches.
They would want to forget the last time they met West Indies in the Champions Trophy two years ago, since they were hammered by 138 runs at Southampton.
"I honestly believe that we have the ability to win a limited-overs international against any team on any given day," captain Habibul Bashar said.
Bashar did not play in the Southampton match, but Rajin Saleh, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammed Rafique, Mohammad Ashraful, and Khaled Mashud all played.
West Indies have faced Bangladesh in 11 limited-overs internationals. They have won nine, and the other two have ended in no-results.
Old October 10, 2006, 08:02 PM
Test Cricketer

A very positive portrayal of Bangladesh as an opponent.
Old October 10, 2006, 08:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Well, Lara being what he should be.

Diplomatic and respectful. No one wants to eat their words later on and even though WI are expected to win, there is no need for him to blast BD or even play a mind game with a team they are so far ahead.

I'd have been surprised if Lara had a different tone.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 10, 2006, 09:11 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think it also tells us to play better than our best tomorrow - if we really like to win.
Old October 10, 2006, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Cricinfo preview on the game
Old October 10, 2006, 09:44 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Lara is just being cautious.. We are the step ladder for WI to progress and they will play us to their full strength, especially Lara who is playing in India after so long, so he'll want to make a lasting impression.
Old October 10, 2006, 09:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Lara is just being polite and nice. We are no where near to WI, especially they did very good in recent matches.
Another defeat, I hope WI won't put tons on scoreboard, especially they are waiting for more records, including Lara himself. Sarwan,Gayle,Chanderpaul, Bravo,Hinds, Bradshaw all are very powerful with bat and they will go crazy with out slow mediums and finger spinners. On the other hand, Though they are improving in bowling, the question remains for our batsmen if they will bat properly!!
Old October 10, 2006, 10:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

I remember Lara saying that he would resign if they don't win during the carribian tour.May be he is just cautious this time in making comment, cause BD has real good chance of winning this time.Lets hope we can beat WI this time, a team which we should have beaten already, at least once.
Old October 10, 2006, 11:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its all ploy... playing game with us. We are like Korbanir Goru... Shajayee Gujayee... ultimately Eid-er din-e Korbani Korbe.
fazal bhai...ekta kotha miss korsen.....

Shajayee Gujayee kawaii.....
Old October 10, 2006, 11:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

yes yes yes... we have to do x and y..... we have to play to extraordinarily... we have to blah blah blah........ blow the whistle ref - get the game started already! This thread is hurting my head!
Old October 10, 2006, 11:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its all ploy... playing game with us. We are like Korbanir Goru... Shajayee Gujayee... ultimately Eid-er din-e Korbani Korbe.
Beshi jouse...very well said Fazal bhai.

All I'm worried about is Lara's 155 runs to 10,000 ODI runs. Ore hathe dao gele kop mara shuru korte pare korbani Eid-er shokale.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:45 AM

It would be a daunting task for BD to beat WI. Though it's not impossible!
We have to play our best in all departments of the game including good captaincy from Bashar as well. I hope our boyes will do their job and I will do mine. I have already started mine to gather inovative ideas how to celebrate tomorrow...
Old October 11, 2006, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
I think it also tells us to play better than our best tomorrow - if we really like to win.

For sure and we will.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
"Bangladesh can play very good cricket but it's important that we win emphatically, it's important that we put the distance between them and us. It's not about chasing down a target in a certain number of overs or anything, just that you would know when you're forcing yourself on the opposition. That's what we're looking to do tomorrow."

-Lara

Cricinfo
Hmm, does he sound worried about BD from above comments ?
Old October 11, 2006, 12:58 AM
Cricket Sage