facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old July 10, 2006, 01:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Brazil fans Beware

Yes , Italy is closing in against Brazil.

Brazil 5
Italy 4
Deutschland 3
Argentina 2
Uruguay 2
France 1
England 1

If this continues Italy might even cross Brazil .

Old July 10, 2006, 02:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

if this continues? you mean italy won 4 consecutive worldcups. it will take atleast 8 more years, and no european team won worldcup outside europe, so next worldcup will be in south africa
Old July 10, 2006, 02:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

mate...if u follow the patterns, Italy reaches the wc finals every 12 yrs...
(70, 82,94,06) and they win the cup every 24 yrs .. ( 82, 06)..
so i guess the Brazilian record is quite safe for a while..

n in next 6 wc, u can bet Brazilians winning it atleast once or twice..
how come ??
Brazil won the wc in every single continent..
latin america, north america, Europe, Asia...
so next time its gonna be in Africa...
following my patterns, i bet Brazil will win that one too..
keeping their records clean...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 10, 2006, 10:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
mate...if u follow the patterns, Italy reaches the wc finals every 12 yrs...
(70, 82,94,06) and they win the cup every 24 yrs .. ( 82, 06)..
so i guess the Brazilian record is quite safe for a while..

n in next 6 wc, u can bet Brazilians winning it atleast once or twice..
how come ??
Brazil won the wc in every single continent..
latin america, north america, Europe, Asia...
so next time its gonna be in Africa...
following my patterns, i bet Brazil will win that one too..
keeping their records clean...
but at this moment Italy is breathing on Brazil's neck.

Good thing Italy does not have players like Monti and Orsi like in 34 and 38 otherwise, the next three world cups would be theirs . If there a world cup in 42 they would have won it too.
Old July 10, 2006, 12:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Look at the history, mhferdous!
The italians and Uruguayans had a leg up on Brazil. They had a 2-0 lead. Then brazil made it 3-2. Uruguay never had a chance from then onwards. Well, the Italians had to wait 44 years after that to level with brazil. Then the brazilians went to 5-3. Now it is 5-4. Since only 4 teams can claim the world cup (Brazil, Argentina, Germany Italy) Italy may tie again with Brazil, but then it will become 10 - 5.

But truely I think the Argentinians have missed out a great opportunity. In the next WC, Messi will play 90 mins and can claim his place in the history.
Old July 10, 2006, 01:19 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Hahaha, France supporters are now doing damage control by making Italy's achievement look threatening for Brasil. There is nothing wrong, I'm very glad Italy have won because at least the world cup is in "safe hands". Teams like these are true champions, not France. So go play your trick somewhere else.
Old July 10, 2006, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I don't think France will be able to qualify in next world cup and that would've been real shame if world cup champion fails to qualify... so have to agree with hatebreed... world cup in is safe hands.
Old July 11, 2006, 03:36 AM
Test Cricketer

oh comon guys, why should we Brazilian fans be afraid off??.. Statistically, Italy could win a world cup every after 24 years.. that is 6 more world cups. And, Brazil will surely be able to win one or two more world cups in next 24 years. So. no need to worry. Also, Italy is a traditional power house. They are the only other team to win the cup two consecutive times. So.. its very very normal that they will again again.
Although France defeated my Brazil, I still supported France to win. Probably because, I have few fav players in France team. Unfortunately, this is the end of the golden generation. There will not be Zidane, Viera, Thuram , makelele (all were very very instrumental in 98 or even in this worldcup) in the next worldcup. There is actually a big chance that they may not be able to qualify next world cup. And records dont say anyting good about european teams outside europe. So, the next world cup will be between Brazil or Argentina.
Although I will always want brazil to win, however, my guess , it will argentina in the next world cup. They have a team which will mature in the next world cup. They will have a very fiery team and its really been long (since 86), that Argentina really looked like winning it.

About brazil, I think ,this was the end of the golden generation. They had once during Pele era and now another one. I will surely miss the awsome Ronaldo. Adriano will probably be in the team for the next world cup, but, iwonder how will he be effective. I really hope, brazil never rely on older players in the defence. This was the reason, Brazil got knocked out in this world cup. However, we will see an entire diffenent team in 2010 worldcup.