facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 17, 2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
yeah, it's gonna take me some time to do all this. It's the quality of radio signal, position of speakers that gave me that first impression. I will let you know how it is after I set everything up.

But this receiver is poor in terms of lacking some necessary inputs.
The total output of the receiver must be much greater than the total output of all the sound boxes, otherwise the receiver may be burnt out when you give high volume, as did my reciever.

Even though it is time consuming and may require several unpleasant journey to the electronic stores, it is still fun/interesting.

Old October 16, 2011, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I finally set up the system With hdmi connections and speaker positioning. The speakers aren't bad but again the receiver is poor in my opinion. I think these speakers can sound better with a better receiver. The sound totally depends on the quality of the source. This is not a bad set given it is not that expensive and not so bulky. I wouldn't say it is better than Bose speakers ( if we are take price out), I think bose sounds better (it's been a while I havent heard them) but given this 1/3rd the price - not bad.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old October 16, 2011, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

I still didn't play full sound yet because I feel like my neighbors are gonna complain even on the weekend. I mean I can hear them having sex at night. I am sure they will be slightly bothered by my sound coming from a room separated by only a thin wall.

Room started shaking with volume half way through with a Hindi remix song.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old October 16, 2011, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
I still didn't play full sound yet because I feel like my neighbors are gonna complain even on the weekend. I mean I can hear them having sex at night. I am sure they will be slightly bothered by my sound coming from a room separated by only a thin wall.
Maybe you should record the sound of them having sex and play it back on your speaker system... really loud.

That should creep the **** out of them and they'll probably leave you alone.
Old February 23, 2013, 07:26 PM
Cricket Legend

my speaker broke. it doesnt work anymore. last 1 and a half yeah i probably used the speaker once or twice a month. it was good while it lasted. but lifespan should be longer no?

all nasif bhais fault.
Old February 25, 2013, 04:26 AM

Didnt buy extended warranty? If you have a good receiver then this bunch is a steal. 5.1 though....

was $279.99 a few weeks ago, now its up to $329.95

http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-Piece-The...ords=jamo+s426

I went to a chain retail store's warehouse outlet last month and was amazed at the quantity of 2nds and refurbished AV receivers and speaker systems. Reading up online I also have the feeling that most of the hi fidelity brands and systems are generally unreliable for longevity. Its quite disconcerting.
Old February 26, 2013, 08:07 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I will still go with Nasif Bhai's suggestion and recommend Harman/Kardon again, orphy. But then again working for Harman (parent company of Harman/Kardon), how could I recommend something else?

I just bought a system with AVR1700 amp and HKTS 20BQ speaker systems. It has enough firepower to shake the floors of my house.
Old February 26, 2013, 09:28 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
my speaker broke. it doesnt work anymore. last 1 and a half yeah i probably used the speaker once or twice a month. it was good while it lasted. but lifespan should be longer no?

all nasif bhais fault.
It's all because of your kajer bua!

My harman kardon has been running without any issue for last 5 years! It's stil sounds as good as new. On average it gets 2 to 4 hours of runtime everyday. And at least 2-3 hours of high volume floor shaking sound every week (movie nights).

My guess is you have been running mismatched level between your speakers and receiver. Then again, how do you know it's not the receiver? It's very unlikely that all speakers will die at the same time. If its the receiver then most common form of problem busted power supply.

Send some $$$ to Rubu he will fix you up
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old February 26, 2013, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Receiver looks like it works.... Thesubwoofer fdoesn't power on and the cube speakers only emits a hissing sound

I can sell the system for 750 if anyone wants and try to fix it. I paid double the cost. Anyone?

I am sure its a minor prob..I am too lazy or inpatient to try to figure it out
Old September 24, 2013, 09:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
It's very unlikely that all speakers will die at the same time. If its the receiver then most common form of problem busted power supply.

Send some $$$ to Rubu he will fix you up
you were right, it was the receiver...i finally sent my receiver to a repair shop a month prior to their seemingly 2 year warra ty thinking i can get it fixed fast instead of sending i to factory...its been close to 2 months they still havnt fixed it.....

so i i got fed up and purchased a reiever from costco and my sound works great.... only think i noticed the new receiver has 2 sub output. i am thinking of buying a second sub 12 inch.... u think its a good idea? not gonna have prob with the current 8 inch hk sub which gives ouut 200 watts...

my choice for the sub is

http://www.amazon.com/BIC-PL-200-Aco.../dp/B001W3FXAQ

whats u think nasif.... am i gonna sound better than you?
Old September 29, 2013, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

I nevee had any prob in my prev apt playing loudmusic..... And played some odd hours.... Now I aam playing at day time weekend....with a speaker missing and less .... Neighbors knocking at the walll....

This irked me..... So now I wanna add on the most destructive subwoofer to my system was second guessing initially now i am pissed......buzbo ekhon thela.....amar wall e bangingkKore .... shala.....I need to cancel that noise no?
Old September 29, 2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
buzbo ekhon thela.....amar wall e bangingkKore .... shala.....I need to cancel that noise no?
play some p0rn out loud, why don't you? It is a 'home theatre' system after all....

Every year from Spring to the beginning of Fall, our college was a choice spot for weddings and wedding photography on weekends. In my freshman year one wedding party was being a bitch with us - keeping us, the residents of the dorm from hanging out on the front bench in front of our house. We stuck some badass speakers out the windows from the 3rd floor and started playing p0rn with the audio playing out onto the quad. Their torment ended when groom's pals sent us a case of beer. Lucky for us, no one got written up that day.
Old September 29, 2013, 11:01 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
I nevee had any prob in my prev apt playing loudmusic..... And played some odd hours.... Now I aam playing at day time weekend....with a speaker missing and less .... Neighbors knocking at the walll....

This irked me..... So now I wanna add on the most destructive subwoofer to my system was second guessing initially now i am pissed......buzbo ekhon thela.....amar wall e bangingkKore .... shala.....I need to cancel that noise no?
If you walls are so thin then why buy such a loud sound system? Don't be like adamnsu. Spend some bucks on making your room soundproof.
Old September 30, 2013, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Why not move to a place where you can enjoy a good sound system?
Old September 30, 2013, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

jadukor: do you have any idea how expensice it is to soundproof apt? this are billionaire type of thinking...those that live in manhattan penthouse with central park view...and sound proofed so neighbors wont call the cops when there is domestic violence ( all rich ppl do domestic violence no?)

zunaid: that would be purchasing a single detached house....... its not my time yet...... my motto is if i play music during day time and weekend, i shouldnt be subjected to this nonsense... if he comes to me and asks me nicely he is trying to sleep and hasnt slep for 20 days, maybe i will be nice, but i can not be restricted like this everyday....... i will buy the subwoofer and i will play loud, only thing i will be mindful of the time... not to go too late...

ammar, i cant do that..... i cant be a classless d***. thats too vulgar..... worse i will get play dirty rap..
Old November 3, 2013, 10:55 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Thinking about getting this. It's an LG NB3530 Sound Bar. I figured doing the wiring for a traditional system would be too much hassle and I don't want to piss off the neighbors by being too loud either. What do you folks think?

Old November 3, 2013, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

yeah dude go for it and let me know how it is, i may buy one for my parents house....

u live in apt? neighbors are a big prblem when it comes to serting up home theater....

i am not gonna recommend hk to anyone cuz their custimer service sucks balls....

but jadukor for ur apartment i think a bose sound bar may be a better fit... ur apt in fancy from the pics..... u can listen to music and eat ur turkey sandwich
Old November 3, 2013, 11:44 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Its not an apartment but a townhouse. Bose sounds good but above my budget. I am looking for a cheaper solution for my home theater needs. Jadukorni likes the fact that no wires are involved. She already has a hard time going around my tv,guitar, PC, xbox, and blu ray cables lol
Old November 12, 2013, 12:03 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Bought it! Pretty happy with the sound
Old November 12, 2013, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
dBought it! Pretty happy with the sound
You are the worst reviewer ever. We need to know more.... Sound quality....how low do u hear.... Does the sound get distorted as volume goes up or is it still clean. When u played a blue ray movie did it feel like the first time u had intercourse..like wow i have been missimg out.... Or is it

Blah...cant ask for more for 250 but the truth is u can ask for more don't settle for less.. Because at the end of the day...if u settle for less u just end up with a noisy fat piece of sh*t. Obviously Im talking about marriage now...u get my drift bro?
Old November 13, 2013, 02:18 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Post a full review once i test it fully on Saturday with Pacific Rim and Iron Maiden
Old November 26, 2013, 10:19 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Okay so I tried two discs with my sound system so far and a lot of youtube videos.
Discs: Blu Ray Pacific Rim
DVD Iron Maiden 5.1 mix
The sound for both discs seemed clear and crisp but perhaps lacking a little Bass until you tweak the settings.

Overall I am very satisfied with the sound quality for the Blu Ray and really felt that the sound was adding to the immersive experience in 3D. I couldn't test the volume output more than half way because the sound was getting very loud and i felt my sofa was shaking with each hammering blow of the robots. With the DVD the 5.1 mix didn't fully suit the system, i felt the volume was going up and down as the disc switched between the guitar solos (Maiden has three guitarists).

Overall for the price i am paying i think i got a good deal :-)