facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 27, 2002, 02:47 AM
Street Cricketer

Default About Akram & Bulbul

I know everbody is kind of pissed off with Akram & Bulbul performance,me too.I THINK CAUSE OF THIS TWO WE LOST 1ST TEST VERY BADLY.But Since Murali is not playing shall we give them one more chance for second test, perform now or never.

End of their career.:P

Old July 27, 2002, 04:27 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default I guess

I guess it boils down to two way of thinking ....
Should we allow the two experienced batsmen a last shot at possible (though unlikely) glory OR
Do we just say - out with the old ?

What good would it do to have players this old who have barely shown any sign of improvement despite their age. Get still get out like ametuers, I guess quantity in their doesn't don't equate to quality. With the amount of matches they have played, some of our younger and less capped players could have at least learned a thing or two by now.

Last shot ? Not going to help Bangladesh a bit but would give them another chance to redeem themselves. Only fear is, if they even manage scores around 40, some folks would go berserk if they get left out of the next tour.

Era thakleo ki, na thakleo ki ? Taar cheye borong notun kaoke shujog dao so in 3-5 years they can be vets and weigh in with their experience to win matches for BD.
Old July 27, 2002, 06:40 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Heavenly opposition

It is a good time to get the debutants and the new ones into the test side - compared to the next tour that we have up our sleeves - or rather, two tours ahead of us - one South Africa and the other West Indies, I would say that the newcomers will like both the batting and the bowling line up of the SriLankans compared to the South Africans and West Indians.

So, why not give the newcomers a chance?
Old July 27, 2002, 10:49 AM
Banned

Default Agreed

Just for the record, I totally agree with Tehsin.

It really wouldn't be a surprise if Bulbul stays on - he has played well at times.

But Akram..really, why ? And see what kind of a whinner he has become..can't take the pressure of selection uncertainity, and all that !!! Why doesn't he just figure out that its his batting failure that has be causing all the failure. Ever hear Steve Waugh griping like this. All this does is make the younger players included in the tean instead of him feel morally weak....oh my guru isn't playing.
Old July 27, 2002, 10:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Bulbul in, Akram out

I am in favor of playing Bulbul for the second test. He did show maturity and experience in the practice games leading up to the first test. I think he just got really unlucky and the pressure from the selectors just got to him.

I think Akram also crumbled under the pressure. The only difference is he seems too concerned about his future in cricket and can't seem to keep a cool head. It seems he is on a mission to prove himself and right now that is not what the BD team needs. If he is in form he should be given another chance in the SA series.

Also, I get the feeling, from what I have read in recent news, that the new coach and the management gave too many instructions on how to bat and when to play what shots, which could be one of the reasons why these two batsmen failed.

[Edited on 27-7-2002 by Ockey]